Stoke City vs Newcastle United pre-match thread (31/10/11 @ 8pm) - Live on Sky

Fenham Mag

If there is one game we need Tiote for it's this one. Pennant running at Raylor is frightening and Obertan's still bloody getting the start ?????

We won't win this I'm afraid, a draw would be a huge achievement but we are probably looking at a bit of a beating.

Are they gonna talk about our game at some point?

tbf if I had a choice of analysing Stokes long throws and long balls or that Chelsea-Arsenal game I'd choose the latter as well

Meh, talk about us then...

Are they gonna talk about our game at some point?

tbf if I had a choice of analysing Stokes long throws and long balls or that Chelsea-Arsenal game I'd choose the latter as well

That is the only thing pundits have to talk about when it comes to stoke, the way they play football is just gash...

Guest bimpy474

If there is one game we need Tiote for it's this one. Pennant running at Raylor is frightening and Obertan's still bloody getting the start ?????

We won't win this I'm afraid, a draw would be a huge achievement but we are probably looking at a bit of a beating.

Thought that about Bale and Raylor saw him off, so much so Tottenham switched him back to their left wing, never know he might handle Pennant ok.

question for the day

how much did Stoke pay for Palacios £6m? why doesn't he play hes better than Whelan or Delap

It's obvious why he doesn't get ahead of Delap but for Whelan there's no excuse.

Pulis is a hugely conservative manager, only buys players that have proven themselves in this country, and he must feel that those two understand what he requires of them and how they fit into the team more than Palacios yet.

With the ridiculously narrow pitch the long throws of Delap are way more effective, think that partly accounts for their abysmal away form. So he's one of the first names on the team sheet.

Damn, just realized I'm not in the Eastern timezone anymore, going to be late to the pub.  :knuppel2:

:undecided:

Surely if you're in the US, and you've moved from the Eastern timezone, you now have more chance of making it to the pub on time?

Or are you just confused by the UK time change?

IT KICKS OFF IN 16 MINUTES

Guest bimpy474

Not worried about Raylor, it's Simpson. His backing off and allowing millions of crosses into the box will cost us big time against this lot.

Also may i add, if its Etherington on their left as it should be, he doesn't cut in as much as some, should suit Simpson better, but he does worry you Simmo.

Obertan has to have a good game tonight. We can't afford to concede cheap possession versus stoke. Also barfa on the bench, would prefer not to see him versus this lot, have too many de Jong type players for my liking