Newcastle United 2 - 1 Everton - 05/11/11 - post-match reaction from page 26

James

Guest bimpy474

Had a couple of frogs sitting behind me today, safe to say they were not best amused when Sammy came on ahead of Ben Arfa.

Baron Greenback and Kermit ?

am i the only one who thought that after our 2nd goal we'd go on and win comfortably until injuries disrupted things ?

No, I agreed. I thought we may concede but looked like we could score more. I noticed that what we do so, so well at the minute is a) keep the ball and b) use it when the space/opportunity opens up.

Guest bimpy474

Just seen this supposed stone wall pen on the telly.

The ball hits Goslings arms as he's getting up of the ground, would have been very very harsh had it been given.

Aye and also after seeing Sammy getting pushed by Hibbert again, that looks a pen.

Just seen this supposed stone wall pen on the telly.

The ball hits Goslings arms as he's getting up of the ground, would have been very very harsh had it been given.

He had his arm away from his body and the ball hit his arm, with some distance between the initial shot and the contact with his arm.

There is no way it isn't a penalty.

am i the only one who thought that after our 2nd goal we'd go on and win comfortably until injuries disrupted things ?

Nope. I thought at 2-0 we were cruising and would go on to win comfortably. Was fully expecting our first emphatic win of the season.

As it turned out we limped over the line, again. who gives a monkeys though? Wer're consistantly winning games we never used to.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

No way that Gosling's was a penalty, it's clearly ball to hand. I hate to see penalties given for those, would have been very very harsh IMO. Would have said the same if it had been an opposition player too.

City with no Cabaye :(

I'm more worried about Tiote being missing, Guthrie has been better in his last 3 games than Cabaye has since he got injured for France.

Jesus Christ. Guthrie was worse than Cabaye today, until Cabaye went off he then raised the level of his game. Against Stoke I think they were both equally good, but Cabaye was distributing the ball better.

Cabaye is more than twice the player Guthrie is, and if he doesn't play against City we'll have more problems than we already should have.

I agree. I reckon Cabaye is 2.73 times the player Guthrie is  :shifty:

No way that Gosling's was a penalty, it's clearly ball to hand. I hate to see penalties given for those, would have been very very harsh IMO. Would have said the same if it had been an opposition player too.

:lol: It's a pen 10 times out of 10. Stonewaller.

apparently not  :D

If the ref actually sees it that is.  :iamatwat:

Sorry, that was me posting when my brother was logged in. I honestly don't think it was a penalty. Surely there has to be intent? Gosling was on the ground in the ball is blasted off his arm. It's the definition of ball to hand.

Sorry, that was me posting when my brother was logged in. I honestly don't think it was a penalty. Surely there has to be intent? Gosling was on the ground in the ball is blasted off his arm. It's the definition of ball to hand.

There was intent

"Natural position" how else is he supposed to get off the ground like? f***ing kick himself up like a 90s break dancer?

:lol: His hand, which was far from his body, stopped the ball, which was going towards an open goal/Krul. Stonewall penalty.