Man City vs Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - 3pm

MW

Guest bimpy474

Ah, workrate my left nut.

We need quality and the ability to keep the ball in this game. Sammy gives absolutely nothing HBA can't.

Was only a suggestion as to why Pardew might go that way.

You do realise that if you actually get anymore self righteous you will disappear up your own arse like ?

Guest bimpy474

FWIW I think Ben Arfa would have a blinder tomorrow if he started. I get the impression tomorrow he'd have a point to prove and a match to win. Which i know sounds a bit obvious...

Very true, rather see him off whatever front man than on the right of midfield though, give him more time and space to do damage going forward.

Guest bimpy474

what's up with Best? he's definitely got the work rate to make a difference

Fitness test apparently, might not make it or be risked.

Keep it to the same 11 where possible. It might be worth playing Ben Arfa on the right with Guthrie and Cabaye in the middle, Jonas wide left.

Another thing for thought, could be to man mark Silva with Jonas. He could match him for work rate and take him out the game. Do that and all of a sudden you have a chance to match/dominate the midfield and actually turn this into a balanced fixture.

FWIW I think Ben Arfa would have a blinder tomorrow if he started. I get the impression tomorrow he'd have a point to prove and a match to win. Which i know sounds a bit obvious...

Very true, rather see him off whatever front man than on the right of midfield though, give him more time and space to do damage going forward.

Or isolate him.

Guest bimpy474

Keep it to the same 11 where possible. It might be worth playing Ben Arfa on the right with Guthrie and Cabaye in the middle, Jonas wide left.

Another thing for thought, could be to man mark Silva with Jonas. He could match him for work rate and take him out the game. Do that and all of a sudden you have a chance to match/dominate the midfield and actually turn this into a balanced fixture.

Aye got to shut Silva down, i also think we need to pin their full backs in, they provide the width for them, and get forward relentlessly.

Guest bimpy474

Or isolate him.

Thats the spirit, look for the worst points, do actually want us to win or as it appears, to be able to come on here and brag about how right you might have been.

Aye got to shut Silva down, i also think we need to pin their full backs in, they provide the width for them, and get forward relentlessly.

I think it's important that we go into this game without a defeatist attitude as a team. We have equally dangerous members of our team, and a team spirit that's not to be questioned. It could also be an idea, that when defending Ba tucks in on the left, and everyone slides right (as daft as it sounds) pushing Ben Arfa up with Best and Jonas in to cover Silva. This would mean we would have a very hard-working defensive set up which would quickly change to a widespread attacking four with the ball, a target man and goalscorer upfront. Just an idea like, not necessarily what I'd do.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah, I'm advocating playing Ben Arfa over Sammy Ameobi because I want us to lose.

I dont think for one minute you want us to lose, but you do seem to enjoy being the most dismissive and defeatist poster in the history of the Internet.

Guest bimpy474

I think it's important that we go into this game without a defeatist attitude as a team. We have equally dangerous members of our team, and a team spirit that's not to be questioned. It could also be an idea, that when defending Ba tucks in on the left, and everyone slides right (as daft as it sounds) pushing Ben Arfa up with Best and Jonas in to cover Silva. This would mean we would have a very hard-working defensive set up which would quickly change to a widespread attacking four with the ball, a target man and goalscorer upfront. Just an idea like, not necessarily what I'd do.

Like this :D, optimistic and giving our chances a highlight, this is possibly the hardest game of the season yet i dont feel like i have in other seasons, i actually feel we have a chance of nicking something, or at least putting up a good performance and not rolling over like Man Utd.

Sammy will be on the rightif he starts and Barfa would be behind Ba, hasn't Pardew said that he won't play Barfa on the right before?

Think there is a very strong chance their both starting this game.

Sammy will be on the rightif he starts and Barfa would be behind Ba, hasn't Pardew said that he won't play Barfa on the right before?

Think there is a very strong chance their both starting this game.

I don't think he's specifically said he won't (could be wrong), but said he see's him, and wants to play him, off the striker. I'm sure at that moment he wasn't considering the loss of two of his three wingers.