Soft spot?

Guest VaVaVoom

By no means calling these second teams or anything, but:

Plymouth for that day.

Huddesfield - for Lee Clarke

Everton - only long-term prem team i've not grown to hate. Just like them as a club - stadium, fans, Moyes. Maybe partly because it was my first away game, aged 6.

Forres Mechanics (highland league, where dad is from)

Hibs (lived in Edinburgh for 4 years)

Heerenveen - went to the away game there. Were proper lovely.

Deportes La Serena (Chile) - recently moved to La Serena and been to game. Reckon I'll go to all their home games.

Random, why you there? Keep an eye out for Eduardo Vargas of U de Chile if they come to town, next big thing IMO.

Working here til next June/July. I'm hoping to go and catch U de Chile and Colo Colo in Santiago at some point.

It only costs £6 to see La Serena!

England

Norwich (friendly fans, Stephen Fry)

France

Marseille (nice stadium)

Italy

Palermo (like the kit)

Spain

Bilbao (respect the Basque-only policy, great youth system)

Switzerland

FC Basel (like the kit, name, youth system, city)

Turkey

Fenerbahce (like the kit)

Fulham, and ever so slightly Chelsea, West Ham and Charlton, purely because my mam is an east-end girl and has family scattered all over London.  Most other parts of my family support one of those clubs and in fairness they themselves have a spot for Newcastle.  It provides a bit of patter at tedious and awkward family gatherings.

I usually keep an eye out for the results of teams mates from uni support and don't particularly hate any of those teams, Norwich, Sheff Wed, Crewe, Portsmouth.

Foreign teams:- Juventus, Malaga (went on hol there in 2004 when they were shite and bought a shirt.  The locals in bars loved that I'd not bought a Barca/Real shirt like most other tourists), Hansa Rostock, Ajax, Bordeaux.

Ahhh yes  :D Still wear that shirt?

Fulham, and ever so slightly Chelsea, West Ham and Charlton, purely because my mam is an east-end girl and has family scattered all over London.  Most other parts of my family support one of those clubs and in fairness they themselves have a spot for Newcastle.  It provides a bit of patter at tedious and awkward family gatherings.

I usually keep an eye out for the results of teams mates from uni support and don't particularly hate any of those teams, Norwich, Sheff Wed, Crewe, Portsmouth.

Foreign teams:- Juventus, Malaga (went on hol there in 2004 when they were s**** and bought a shirt.  The locals in bars loved that I'd not bought a Barca/Real shirt like most other tourists), Hansa Rostock, Ajax, Bordeaux.

Ahhh yes  :D Still wear that shirt?

with pride.  Not looking good.  Just been promoted to the 2. Bundesliga and sitting in the bottom 3.  Can't bear the thought of going back to 3. Bundesliga.

York City for username-related reasons. Other than that, there's very little. I'd like to see a few of the bigger clubs make it back to the Premier League, at the expense of small-time cannon-fodder like Wigan and Stoke, but that's as far as it goes really. Would be good to have the likes of Leeds, Forest, Sheff Wed in the top tier again.

Guest Roger Kint

In England...

Huddersfield

Hartlepool

Gateshead

Scotland...

Hearts

Holland...

Ajax

Italy...

Cagliari

Spain

Bilbao

Dortmund, Parma, Bilbao. I look out for their results and always hope they do well.

I don't mind Kaiserslautern and Marseilles too.

I gravitate more towards players and managers that I like. I used to like Benitez's Valencia quite a bit because Albelda and Baraja were fantastic. I like whoever Bielsa is managing. Same with Ranieri. If Wenger ever manages another club, I'll probably want them to do well. I'm developing feelings for Vilas-Boas too :smitten: A man with his intelligence is rarely found in football.

Ancelotti is also a manager that I like. Deschamps ain't bad, either.

:undecided: What can I say? Yeah. Spent a day driving along Hadrian's wall, ended up at Carlisle Castle... you have no idea what it's like traipsing around the north of England when you grew up in a city where the oldest buildings are about 120 years old. Admittedly I didn't spend any length of time there but it was sweet to visit. Countryside was magic as well.

Ajax - because of Johan Cruyff, Rinus Michels and all that they gave us. Always will be my third club.

NUFC - because of this place and Sir Bob

Inter - because of Helenio Herrera and Luís Suárez

CF Badalona - my second club. They play in Spanish Segunda B and I was in their youth setup as a kid.

Currently following Roma, too, because of Luís Enrique managing them :smitten:

Guest VaVaVoom

England

France

Marseille (nice stadium)

Italy

Palermo (like the kit)

Spain

Switzerland

Turkey

Nice choice.

Didnt know Stevn Fry supported Norwich City. Norwich is also a very nice place.

I too quite like FC Basel for the same reasons. Also because they have Derdiyok and that other young swiss lad Shaquiri who looks quality. Two quality players who, if we qualify for europe we could possibly get.

Norwich City - Always liked them

Hitchin Town - Where I'm from, always follow the (usually negative) results.

Rapid Bucharest - Went to a game in Bucharest, fans were unreal, never heard anything like it. Not to mention was wearing the football top i bought and was approached by a former Rapid youth player in Asda.

MK Dons, Alfreton Town, Roma - FM Reasons

Live in Notts so Forest and County.

Lived in Naples so Napoli.

Also Eintracht Frankfurt because the people are so nice and the experience was so good.

England

France

Marseille (nice stadium)

Italy

Palermo (like the kit)

Spain

Switzerland

Turkey

Nice choice.

Didnt know Stevn Fry supported Norwich City. Norwich is also a very nice place.

I too quite like FC Basel for the same reasons. Also because they have Derdiyok and that other young swiss lad Shaquiri who looks quality. Two quality players who, if we qualify for europe we could possibly get.

He plays for Leverkusen.

Cant say Ive ever had a soft spot for another team as such, more a soft spot for players and therefore followed their exploits for other teams when they have moved on. This mainly applies to Beardsley and to a lesser extent Gazza.

Not sure that would have lead me to joning a rival fans forum to sing their praises  ;)  But who knows.  :lol:

Guest palnese

Leeds - They had a pretty fucking great team ten years ago. We played them at my first game live at SJP.

Everton, West Ham and Forest. Dunno why.

Roma. CM0102 and a lovely city.

Rangers.

Arsenal - went to watch them loads when moved down south

Barca-played against their juniors at barca and have been to their stadium loads, they like their own identity a bit like Geordies

Lille- played against their reserve team many years ago when they were shite with uni and had a great night out at the Lille town hall reception

Ac Milan - always liked them - share my initials as well