Holland...

Ajax

Germany...

Bayern

Portugal...

Sporting

Italy...

Juventus

Always had a soft spot for Juventus. First time I really took an interest in them was when they got relegated for match fixing or something along those lines.

Not exactly sure how you have a soft spot for clubs abroad. They can have nice kits and class players and fans but I don't know whether a 'soft spot' is the word I would use...all a bit too...foreign to me like

Well, for me, I lived in Bordeaux for a year or so. One of the best years of my life.

Went to a few games there too and I appreciated the passion the Bordelais had.

Not exactly sure how you have a soft spot for clubs abroad. They can have nice kits and class players and fans but I don't know whether a 'soft spot' is the word I would use...all a bit too...foreign to me like

with Roma for me its just I love Totti

I suppose if you have some sort of affinity it's different. Much like being a 2nd generation Geordie from the midlands. I like Leicester because I live here and the majority of the city follows the club. Went to a few games at the Sheffield clubs when I was there. Not sure how you can have a 'soft spot' in every European league. If people do fair enough I guess.

Internazionale.  Ronaldo made me a fan.  Always reminded me of Newcastle (Hall/Shepherd era) in spending shitloads and getting nowhere.

Loved Ronaldo, Recoba, Vieri, Adriano.  Martins and Kallon too, what a strike pairing!

We have signed a few off them in Pistone, Emre, Martins and now Santon.  Almost Coco too!

Juve and Milan were like the Man U or Chelsea when I was growing up.  Juve I kind of liked as a kid because they had a cool kit (black and white Sony Minidisc) and players like Del Piero and Davids, but the Calciopoli and, as I got older, realising they have shit support turned me against them.  Both Rome teams are fascist.  Fiorentina and Parma I kind of liked but Inter were always for me.

Been to see PSG a few times, another club we have regularly purchased from, but don't love them as much as Inter.

Valencia

Fiorentina

Southampton

Edit: Plymouth too, after that great night at Home Park

Used to love watching Battistuta, what a player. Used to adore Gazetta on a Saturday morning too - tea, bacon sarnie and football Italia. Such a shame it's not on any more, was a great show. James Richardson really knew his stuff an' all.

In England...

Local non-league/lower league teams

Plymouth (added this in after people brought it to my attention)

Scotland...

Rangers (only for the pro-Britannia-ness)

France...

Marseille (Went when we played them and f***ing loved it)

Holland...

PSV - Seem to remember us playing them quite a bit in the 90's and 00's.

Germany...

Schalke (think they seem similar to us)

Dortmund (used to like their strip and they were good at the time)

Portugal...

None.

Italy...

AC Milan - Seedorf, Davids? (think they had several players I liked as a kid)

Spain...

Barcelona (played them in the champions league and best team I will ever see)

Valencia (went there as a teenager and liked the place)

Villareal (Exciting team and canny nice strips)

Valencia

Fiorentina

Southampton

Edit: Plymouth too, after that great night at Home Park

Used to love watching Battistuta, what a player. Used to adore Gazetta on a Saturday morning too - tea, bacon sarnie and football Italia. Such a shame it's not on any more, was a great show. James Richardson really knew his stuff an' all.

Batigol - Oliveira/Chiesa

Rui Costa

:megusta:

By no means calling these second teams or anything, but:

Plymouth for that day.

Huddesfield - for Lee Clarke

Everton - only long-term prem team i've not grown to hate. Just like them as a club - stadium, fans, Moyes. Maybe partly because it was my first away game, aged 6.

Forres Mechanics (highland league, where dad is from)

Hibs (lived in Edinburgh for 4 years)

Heerenveen - went to the away game there. Were proper lovely.

Deportes La Serena (Chile) - recently moved to La Serena and been to game. Reckon I'll go to all their home games.

By no means calling these second teams or anything, but:

Plymouth for that day.

Huddesfield - for Lee Clarke

Everton - only long-term prem team i've not grown to hate. Just like them as a club - stadium, fans, Moyes. Maybe partly because it was my first away game, aged 6.

Forres Mechanics (highland league, where dad is from)

Hibs (lived in Edinburgh for 4 years)

Heerenveen - went to the away game there. Were proper lovely.

Deportes La Serena (Chile) - recently moved to La Serena and been to game. Reckon I'll go to all their home games.

Random, why you there? Keep an eye out for Eduardo Vargas of U de Chile if they come to town, next big thing IMO.

Berwick Rangers as im from Berwick and watch them when I can, and Darlington as I was at college there. Not as interesting since they left Feethams though.

Not really that arsed about anyone else. Juve maybe because of their black and whiteness and them beating Kiev to help us qualify in the Champions League.

Fulham, and ever so slightly Chelsea, West Ham and Charlton, purely because my mam is an east-end girl and has family scattered all over London.  Most other parts of my family support one of those clubs and in fairness they themselves have a spot for Newcastle.  It provides a bit of patter at tedious and awkward family gatherings.

I usually keep an eye out for the results of teams mates from uni support and don't particularly hate any of those teams, Norwich, Sheff Wed, Crewe, Portsmouth.

Foreign teams:- Juventus, Malaga (went on hol there in 2004 when they were shite and bought a shirt.  The locals in bars loved that I'd not bought a Barca/Real shirt like most other tourists), Hansa Rostock, Ajax, Bordeaux.

In England...

Plymouth

Scotland...

None. Meaningless footballing countrry

France...

Marseille

Holland...

None, don't follow the league

Germany...

Bayern

Italy...

Juventus- Del Piero  :smitten:

Spain...

Real Madrid

I Like Plymouth for that day, shame to see whats happening to them.

Doncaster because I have family there, shame to see whats happening to them.

Queen of the south because I once stayed the night there and the local barman told me tales about the club and revealed that he once played for them, his son did at the time, and his own father played for them. When my dad went back there he gave him a signed book to give to me. Shame to see whats happening to them.

Whitley Bay, local non league team, shame to see whats happening to them (missing out on promotion time after time).

North Shields, local non league team, shame to see whats happening to them (their shit).

Rangers, don't know why, everyone's got to have a preferred Old firm team I suppose, shame to see whats happening to them (almost going bust, some horrible fan).

Toronto FC, I have family in Canada plus their own NUFC connections, shame to see whats happening to them (shit team).

NUFC, the team from my own city, my footballing heart, shame to see whats...............

England

Plymouth: for obvious reasons.

Carlisle: my Grandad was a big fan and took my gran there on their first date

Liverpool:controversial one on this forum i know but i have always had a soft spot for them.

Spain

Barcelona: the football they play is immense and the way they bring players through is something to be admired

Athletic: i like thier cantera policy

Sevilla: i like thier fans

Italy

Napoli: i like thier fans

Fiorentina: though i much prefer napoli i quite like fiorentina aswell

Germany

Schalke: mainly for them being likened so much to us

Argentina

Boca: they were the first team i had heard of in argentina

BRAZIL

Flamengo: they have a huge fanbase

France