Newcastle United vs Chelsea - Saturday December 3rd @ 12.45pm

Kaizero

Guest ykmkmdd

In Pards we trust.

Absolutely - been ages since I had such confidence in our manager getting his personnel and tactics right. Feels weird.

One scenario - would people mind seeing Raylor at right mid for one game, with Obertan moving to the left and Santon at left back if it meant the start of the phasing out of Raylor from the starting lineup?

Of course the obvious thing to do would bring in Sammy for Jonas on the left, but Raylor would be left very exposed if this was the case.

The ideal scenario for me would be Santon and Sammy in for Jonas and Raylor.

Sammy's nowhere near ready.

He was fine against City. If Obertan can play, so can Sammy.

Obertan's better in just about every department.

Significantly,for one thing he puts his foot on the ball and thinks about it, sammy's just running on adrenaline at the moment.

A slow John Terry with an unreliable Luiz next to him isn't too much of a worry imo. Terry needs someone quick and reliable next to him thesedays. He's hardly shite but we can expose him with our pace.

:thup:

Ben Arfa's made runs into the box from about 30 yards out twice in the last 2 games, leading to us hitting the post and getting a penalty.  Would be more than happy to see Luiz playing and fannying around in his own half as usual, hopefully giving Ben Arfa the chance to do similar again.

Ba and Best could cause Terry and Luiz all sorts of problems. Although you could say the same about Mata and Sturridge out wide for them. Despite their form I think it'll be a harder game then a lot are making out.

I think it will actually be the hardest of these 3 biggys.

They looked very good on Motd last night against Wolves and Sturridge and Mata in particular will cause us all sorts of bother.

Will be a very emotional game. Devistating news today RIP Speedy

Imo we should play:

Krul

Simpson  Colo  Saylor  Santon

Obertan  Cabaye  Tiote  Sameobi

Ben Arfa

Ba

Think will win this, Chelsea have been frail at the back this season, so we should score and were are a rock at the back so I dont see them scoring. 2-0 Ba, Barfa

Ba and Best could cause Terry and Luiz all sorts of problems. Although you could say the same about Mata and Sturridge out wide for them. Despite their form I think it'll be a harder game then a lot are making out.

They looked very good on Motd last night against Wolves and Sturridge and Mata in particular will cause us all sorts of bother.

I agree. I think Chelsea and the two Manchester clubs are a class above the rest regardless of their current position, they have players who can be unstoppable on their day. I think a draw would be a great result and anyone who thinks a win is going to be a likely result needs a reality check.

I agree. I think Chelsea and the two Manchester clubs are a class above the rest regardless of their current position, they have players who can be unstoppable on their day. I think a draw would be a great result and anyone who thinks a win is going to be a likely result needs a reality check.

I agree that they have the players to absolutely hammer us on their day, but the reality you speak of is that we're a team in form,defending well and they're a team that looks dis-organised and shaky at the back unless they're playing wolves at home. We've just played the best two teams in the league away and done well in one and very well in the other.

Give the lads some credit man,there comes a time where you have to say we can beat these lot like,and next weekend is one of those times.

I agree that they have the players to absolutely hammer us on their day, but the reality you speak of is that we're a team in form,defending well and they're a team that looks dis-organised and shaky at the back unless they're playing wolves at home. We've just played the best two teams in the league away and done well in one and very well in the other.

Give the lads some credit man,there comes a time where you have to say we can beat these lot like,and next weekend is one of those times.

I'm not saying we can't beat them...it's a possibility for sure. I just think that expecting to beat them is a bit much, and there seems to be this feeling that they are ripe for the taking. It can happen, but we'll need to score first then defend for our lives IMO.

I'm not saying we can't beat them...it's a possibility for sure. I just think that expecting to beat them is a bit much, and there seems to be this feeling that they are ripe for the taking. It can happen, but we'll need to score first then defend for our lives IMO.

Fair do's. I think expecting to beat anyone is a bit much tbh.

Man City away is the hardest game we'll have all season, without a shadow of a doubt. Chelsea at SJP doesn't even come close.

Man City away is the hardest game we'll have all season, without a shadow of a doubt. Chelsea at SJP doesn't even come close.

Yep. Unwinnable.

Wonder how the steak and milk diets going for little Shane. With Jonas out I would be more than happy to see him scampering down the wing.

Not too sure why he seems so back out of the picture compared to Sammi. Most times I remember seeing him play he was great going for the bye line but could equally receive a ball and get a cross in straight away. Not scared to get the boot in either.

If best is fit, play HBA there by all means but it would be nice to see Fergie again.