Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

Who was it he scored an absolute pearler against from about 35 yards out? Birmingham?

Horrible game that. One of the many away games in 03-04 in which we conceded late on because we were virtually down to 10 men with Shearer on the field.

:lol: This the same Shearer who scored 28 goals that season? Bore off, man.

There's no doubting the end of that season was when he started to fade, but that game was in January and he had 16 league goals at that point.

03/04 was just one of the most frustrating seasons I can remember. Constantly one step forward, one step back.

There's no doubting the end of that season was when he started to fade, but that game was in January and he had 16 league goals at that point.

03/04 was just one of the most frustrating seasons I can remember. Constantly one step forward, one step back.

Two away wins all season, wasn't it? Still managed good draws at Man Utd and Liverpool. Weird season.

Who was it he scored an absolute pearler against from about 35 yards out? Birmingham?

Horrible game that. One of the many away games in 03-04 in which we conceded late on because we were virtually down to 10 men with Shearer on the field.

He's right though. Shearer and our tactics away from home that year were quite poor.

He's right though. Shearer and our tactics away from home that year were quite poor.

Was this during the time of our "London curse"? Seem to recall us playing a ridiculous amount of games against London based clubs without winning, what was it 30+ games?

So you agree that we were 'virtually down to ten me with Shearer on the field'? Bullshit tbh. More hyperbolic wummery nonsense. Not that i deny biting.

Was this during the time of our "London curse"? Seem to recall us playing a ridiculous amount of games against London based clubs without winning, what was it 30+ games?

Nah, it was after that. We broke that duck away at Arsenal in December 2001.

Two away wins all season, wasn't it? Still managed good draws at Man Utd and Liverpool. Weird season.

The UEFA Cup run was a good distraction and gave us some nice memories like:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_2726_1322430354.png

But then even that fell flat.

So you agree that we were 'virtually down to ten me with Shearer on the field'? Bullshit tbh.

I wouldn't have put it in such a bullish term, thought I do agree with his point.

They both came back to back too.

Guest bimpy474

Lads, take it elsewhere man.

:thup:

Sad that some are so adamant to troll they even do it in a thread like this. Did it earlier in the thread as well.

Aye, best to not bite.........especially in this thread, seems the lack of respect in general spreads far and wide nowadays :(

Lads, take it elsewhere man.

:thup:

Sad that some are so adamant to troll they even do it in a thread like this. Did it earlier in the thread as well.

It's silly.

This thread is to remember the late great Gary Speed. If you have other things to say I'm sure you can find the relevant threads.