Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ah well it was sort of fun while it lasted, lets just knock out Italy

...or play with 9 behind the ball and look to hit it long even though there is nothing to lose.

Murder on Gdansk floor that.

Pahaha. :lol:

Not sure whether i can call that the best performance of the tournament so far, given the seriously weak competition (i'm honestly wondering how the Irish qualified, World Champions as opponents or not), but that was very impressive from Spain. Absolutely streets ahead and i hope they murder the Italians.

Murder on Gdansk floor that.

Pahaha. :lol:

Not sure whether i can call that the best performance of the tournament so far, given the seriously weak competition (i'm honestly wondering how the Irish qualified, World Champions as opponents or not), but that was very impressive from Spain. Absolutely streets ahead and i hope they murder the Italians.

Ireland murder Italy?

I bet Keane really, really wanted to punch Chiles there. The latter is just making little quips about cheering Keane up and the such, while the former has just seen his country get absolutely thumped and knocked out of the European Championships.

Just fling him out of the studio.

s**** players. Not much can be done with that :(

I'm not a huge fan of the Fields of Athenry because so many plastic pricks sing it, and then the scouse turned it into anfied road... but the song itself is very emotional,

By the lonely prison wall I heard a young girl calling,

Michael, they are taking you away,

For you stole Trevelyn's corn,

So the young might see the morn,

Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay.

CHORUS:

Low, lie the fields of Athenry,

Where once we watched the small free birds fly

Our love was on the wing,

We had dreams and songs to sing

It's so lonely round the fields of Athenry.

By a lonely prison wall I heard a young man calling,

Nothing matters Mary when you're free,

Against the Famine and the Crown,

I rebelled they ran me down,

Now you must raise our child with

dignity.

By a lonely harbour wall She watched the last star falling

And that prison ship sailed out against the sky

Sure she'll wait and hope and pray

For her love in Botany Bay,

It's so lonely round the fields of Athenry.

that singing was impressive

Don't get the whole irish wackiness love in. Wearing wigs and funny hats and making 'witty' banners is a being a good football fan? Compare that with the Croatia fans before who didn't have 75% of the stadium, give me those sort of fans any day. Will be glad when we don't have to hear about it anymore. Don't have anything against them in general but lets see if their support would be as good once the novelty of qualifying for a tournament for the first time in a decade wears off.

Don't get the whole irish wackiness love in. Wearing wigs and funny hats and making 'witty' banners is a being a good football fan? Compare that with the Croatia fans before who didn't have 75% of the stadium, give me those sort of fans any day. Will be glad when we don't have to hear about it anymore. Don't have anything against them in general but lets see if their support would be as good once the novelty of qualifying for a tournament for the first time in a decade wears off.

And what more do you want them to do? :lol:

so they should just be grim faced? christ they're just making some fun for themselves its not like the team was helping any

It's not them but the incessant comments and admiration in the media. It's all got a bit boring tbh. The Scots, or The Welsh would be exactly the same as would most countries who could finance themselves to go over in their droves.

It's not them but the incessant comments and admiration in the media. It's all got a bit boring tbh. The Scots, or The Welsh would be exactly the same as would most countries who could finance themselves to go over in their droves.

The Scots and the Welsh would indeed be very similar, but the Irish fans have in general gave a good showing of themselves (bar the few arrests :lol: )

I can understand if the media keep harping on about it it would be pretty annoying :lol: but still, the fans have done us proud imo