Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Craig-NUFC

Iniesta has donated his €300,000 bonus to those left homeless by the fires in Valencia.

Guest SweMatt

Not sure if it's been posted before, but I would have enjoyed a game between Spain today and this side (3-4-3):

Marcos - Lucio, Edmilson, Roque Junior - Cafu, Gilberto Silva, Kleberson, Robert Carlos - Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Rivaldo. This is of course Brazil winning the WC in 2002, and with Ronaldinho (22y) and Ronaldo (25y) being outstanding. I don't think Spain would have won this game...  :)

Look at that midfield and defence ffs, they'd get ripped apart by Spain. :lol:

They would never have won that World Cup if Ronaldo wasn't fit.

Just the thought of the punishment that they'd get turns me on, Roque Junior ffs. :lol:

Just the thought of the punishment that they'd get turns me on, Roque Junior ffs. :lol:

I agree.

Assuming 'ripped apart by Spain' means 'bored into submission by Spain's never-ending passes in their own half, with absolutely no intention to play a ball in-behind'.

They were slated pre-tournament for being shaky at the back and not being able to pass water nevermind the ball in midfield. Scolari just managed to pull it together once the tournament came around, found a system and line-up that work and it was a real breakthrough for the likes of Ronaldinho and Lucio who went on to become 2 of the best of their generation afterwards. Not to mention being a final swansong for Rivaldo - who's club career plummited the following season with Milan.

They also benefitted from a tournament of upsets and big-hitters crashing out early. Netherlands didn't even qualify, France and Argentina (pre tournament favourites) crashed out in the group stages, Italy/Spain both done by homer refs. Even the Germany side that got to the final relied on a heroic tournament from Kahn and was hardly vintage.

They were a really fun team to watch built on solid foundations but I'd definitely fancy that Spain side to beat them.

Easy to forget that Brazil side struggled through qualifying and pre-tournament was regarded as one of the weakest Brazil sides in a long time.

Easy to forget we started those qaulifiers with luxemburgo who ended being sacked for naming players to squad where hed get a comission when they were sold to europe. To then get leao who was crap. That team was absolutely amazing and probably only worse than brazil 70 and the non winning cruyff side.

Easy to forget that Brazil side struggled through qualifying and pre-tournament was regarded as one of the weakest Brazil sides in a long time.

Easy to forget we started those qaulifiers with luxemburgo who ended being sacked for naming players to squad where hed get a comission when they were sold to europe. To then get leao who was crap. That team was absolutely amazing and probably only worse than brazil 70 and the non winning cruyff side.

Yet had a piss easy run in the tournament.

Spain side is definitely stronger.

I thought Rivaldo was their best player in 2002.

Any team containing Roque Junior and Kleberson can't really compare itself to Spain.

They're fucking boring and had little to no cutting edge. How a team like that can be considered for BEST EVVA is beyond me.

They can bore the shit out of me if they've got the ability to routinely knock 3 past the better teams, but they don't.

They'll get a hiding soon enough.

Any team containing Roque Junior and Kleberson can't really compare itself to Spain.

What a terrible argument. Get a grip. Both were excellent throghout and as far saying brazil hade an easy run i guess playing the third best team at the tournament twice isnt enough. Fucking hell guys

What a terrible argument. Get a grip. Both were excellent throghout and as far saying brazil hade an easy run i guess playing the third best team at the tournament twice isnt enough. Fucking hell guys

Turkey. :lol: :lol:

Spain weren't massively impressive throughout the tournament. They were decent in the majority of games but they didn't have to be anything more than that against their opposition. They had a few scares in the tournament but responded to them all. Then in the final they put in a master class performance to cement themselves truly as one of the best international teams ever...if not the best.

And a lot was mentioned of the Germans squad and how young it was but Spain left a lot of talented youngsters at home because even their bench was filled with world class players, something the german's bench simply wasn't.

Guest neesy111

What did Brazil do at the last 2 world cups? Nowt much and struggled against North Korea in 2010 ffs.

Turkey came third. Played an impressive senegal side, and a very good japan geam who were at home. People are so shortsighted its incresible.

And neesy what the fuck has that got to do with things. In 2002 brazil hade the two best offensive players at the time, the two best fullbacks, a ronaldinho who would become the most entertaining player the coming years. An invisible wall in gilberto who helped arsenal to a undefeated title. I just dont agree that this spain side wouldve crushed that brazil team. Kleberson was an up ans coming player a la ramires. That defensive three condisted of lucio who would become one of the best of hos generations and edmilson who went on to win it all. And marcos at goal who is one of the best goalkeepers to grace the brazilian football.

Not saying brazil wouldve comfortably beaten this years spain but i disagree with that this spain side is the best ever. What i think both sides had in common is great team and teamspirit. And clearly a winning side.

Call it rtg tastic or whatever but i am always reasonable when discussing brazil. I said ramires was going to be a good player, no one believed me, i said that the latest brazilian sides havent been good but we now finally have up and coming players who i believe can be the next things, and i also sdmit spain is the best team in the world. But ever? No! In the last 10years? Maybe, but i disagree they souldve vomfortably beaten brazil or early 2000 french side.