Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Turkey came third. Played an impressive senegal side, and a very good japan geam who were at home. People are so shortsighted its incresible.

And neesy what the fuck has that got to do with things. In 2002 brazil hade the two best offensive players at the time, the two best fullbacks, a ronaldinho who would become the most entertaining player the coming years. An invisible wall in gilberto who helped arsenal to a undefeated title. I just dont agree that this spain side wouldve crushed that brazil team. Kleberson was an up ans coming player a la ramires. That defensive three condisted of lucio who would become one of the best of hos generations and edmilson who went on to win it all. And marcos at goal who is one of the best goalkeepers to grace the brazilian football.

Not saying brazil wouldve comfortably beaten this years spain but i disagree with that this spain side is the best ever. What i think both sides had in common is great team and teamspirit. And clearly a winning side.

Call it rtg tastic or whatever but i am always reasonable when discussing brazil. I said ramires was going to be a good player, no one believed me, i said that the latest brazilian sides havent been good but we now finally have up and coming players who i believe can be the next things, and i also sdmit spain is the best team in the world. But ever? No! In the last 10years? Maybe, but i disagree they souldve vomfortably beaten brazil or early 2000 french side.

It would've been an interesting contest and closer than others think, as that Brazil team had a lot more cutting edge than this Spain side does and that hint of unpredictability about them, yet the midfield three of Gilberto, Kleberson and Juninho was not as good as Spain's midfield three.

Absolutely agree. Spains midfield consists of three great players one who is so underrated its not even funny with busquets. But brazils front three had like you said more cuttig edge.

Absolutely agree. Spains midfield consists of three great players one who is so underrated its not even funny with busquets. But brazils front three had like you said more cuttig edge.

Plus Carlos and Cafu were both freaks when it comes to stamina and fitness levels so could press quite high up the pitch to try and win the ball back.

I think the WC 10 Spain team was better than this. But it´s unbelievably typical people to always refer to history when decide if something was better now or then.

Brazil 02 as one of the best :lol: come on. That is just because there were Brazil and Brazil in football has always got the aura to be the best in football (when looking at history I can agree with that though).

Spain boring? Can agree that they sometimes could player more attractive. But why not just sit back and just be amazed over how good they are?! The final against Italy. WOW, just WOW. If you couldn´t be entertained by that. Why bother at all? I can agree that it wasn´t exiting, and that it could be more fun. But I rather take that show than a more "exiting" Spain-Portugal.

Can we not just be happy to see this team? In 10 years we will talk about this era as an amazing era and that the Spain team with all there players and technique was just unbelievably good.

Spain is simple the best them in the history. A head above all of the other teams.

They really arent though.

Erm, yes they are though.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Milan-1990.jpg

tbh.

First of all that is a club team. Then no matter how much anyone would argue I would still think this Spanish team is the best,

Sorry, my mistake. Didn't realise you were only talking about international teams.

Spain is simple the best them in the history. A head above all of the other teams.

Oh wait, you weren't...

Turkey came third. Played an impressive senegal side, and a very good japan geam who were at home.

:lol: He's said this.

:lol: Well you have to take everything into context, however I do believe you barely remember that World Cup so whats the point in even discussing. You wouldnt even be able to remember one game without googling it, so its pointless to discuss, especially with the biggest fraud of the forum :lol:

That World Cup was full of surprises, sure, but at the same time that doesnt change the fact that the teams who ended where they did, did it because of a reason. Turkey beat Senegal, who in their turn beat France, Sweden (who drew with England and Argentina). I mean Turkey played really well, and to even say ''Turkey :lol:'' is disrespectful to a nation who came 3rd in 2002 and then reached semi finals 6 years later in the Euros of 2008.

People underestimate many things, people are so shortsighted they probably barely remember this so called best team ever had problems with Italy in the first round, then went on to be almost disqualified against Croatia if it wasnt for a super save by Casillas (same goes for the WC last year when Paraguay could easily have gone through). They were then not as good against Portugal and once again Casillas was there to save them. In the final they had 47% (!!!!!!) in ball possession against Italy who had an injury early on to Chiellini and then to Motta which completely ended the game. (I believe Spain wouldve won anyways, but 4-0 is flattering, so I completely disagree with the best team ever argument).

Turkey came third. Played an impressive senegal side, and a very good japan geam who were at home.

:lol: Well you have to take everything into context, however I do believe you barely remember that World Cup so whats the point in even discussing. You wouldnt even be able to remember one game without googling it, so its pointless to discuss, especially with the biggest fraud of the forum :lol:

That World Cup was full of surprises, sure, but at the same time that doesnt change the fact that the teams who ended where they did, did it because of a reason. Turkey beat Senegal, who in their turn beat France, Sweden (who drew with England and Argentina). I mean Turkey played really well, and to even say ''Turkey :lol:'' is disrespectful to a nation who came 3rd in 2002 and then reached semi finals 6 years later in the Euros of 2008.

People underestimate many things, people are so shortsighted they probably barely remember this so called best team ever had problems with Italy in the first round, then went on to be almost disqualified against Croatia if it wasnt for a super save by Casillas (same goes for the WC last year when Paraguay could easily have gone through). They were then not as good against Portugal and once again Casillas was there to save them. In the final they had 47% (!!!!!!) in ball possession against Italy who had an injury early on to Chiellini and then to Motta which completely ended the game. (I believe Spain wouldve won anyways, but 4-0 is flattering, so I completely disagree with the best team ever argument).

57/44 actually, in favor of us. We had 47% after the first half.

Also, you can ride your fortune and maybe win a trophy in such a short tournament... but three? I doubt it. One of the things Spain is not such an exciting side as we could be is the same reason we have won so much after all these years. Del Bosque's tactics are about controlling the match and wait out for that chance to win it, not as much as going for it. There have been lots of great teams that always have had that off game here and there that have prevented to win the gold, that's why 3 trophies on the trot is such an achievement.

Anyway, I think that our performance against Italy is the single best Spain performance in a meaningful game since I've been watching. We weren't too great during the tournament, except in glimpses and spells, but that was nearly the perfect game.

Not sure why you think this of me, but 2002 was probably my favourite World Cup ever partially because Ronaldo is my favourite player ever. So you for you to come into this with a completely uneducated and ignorant opinion of a man who you would dream of letting your first daughter marry is obscene.

I remember Lucio's mistake against Michael Owen, I remember Brazil scraping past what was essentially a poor England side beset by injuries, most of all, I remember it was a generally poor quality World Cup which was made even more obvious by the 3rd place playoff being between Turkey and South Korea, and the final being between a fairly average Brazil side and a poor German side.

That Brazil side probably wasn't as good as the 1996-1998 one (which was unfortunate with injuries on the big stage), on a par at best with the 1994 one which also won a poor World Cup, not as good as the 1982, 1970 or 1958-62 or 1950 Brazil teams.

You can think what you like, it's no skin off my nose, but there isn't a single chance on this planet that the Brazil 2002 team would beat the current Spain team, give me a good Brazil side and then we can talk, not that one which had a few great players, please.

:lol:

In Brazil we consider the 2002 team the 3rd best team we have ever played in a World Cup bar the 70' team and the 82' team. To say the 98 team was better is a joke, even more of a joke is to call the 2002 team equal to the 94' team (which won a World Cup I dont even know how, basically had Romario and Bebeto). Oh and your judgement of the game against England must be clouded after all these years. I mean, scraping a win? Brazil outplayed England after Ronaldinhos red card, as I have never seen a 10 man team do. You guys couldnt touch the ball, Roberto Carlos and Cafu would run down the flanks with the ball and then just retreat it and hold on to it within the team. I actually disagree with every single thing you wrote.

Germany certainly werent a great side. I also believe Spain 2010 team to be much better than this edition. Villa was immense, and they beat the likes of a strong Germany and a strong Netherlands when it mattered the most.

Also, you can ride your fortune and maybe win a trophy in such a short tournament... but three? I doubt it. One of the things Spain is not such an exciting side as we could be is the same reason we have won so much after all these years. Del Bosque's tactics are about controlling the match and wait out for that chance to win it, not as much as going for it. There have been lots of great teams that always have had that off game here and there that have prevented to win the gold, that's why 3 trophies on the trot is such an achievement.

Anyway, I think that our performance against Italy is the single best Spain performance in a meaningful game since I've been watching. We weren't too great during the tournament, except in glimpses and spells, but that was nearly the perfect game.

I meant the 1st half, sorry about that. Im not taking anything away from Spain, Im talking about this 2012 team. I believe like I posted above the 2010 team to be stronger. I actually believe that Spain and Germany 2010, Brazil 2002 and France 2000 were all stronger sides than this Spanish side. Its an unbelievable achievement no doubt, I just disagree regarding that this is the best team ever.

:lol:

In Brazil we consider the 2002 team the 3rd best team we have ever played in a World Cup bar the 70' team and the 82' team. To say the 98 team was better is a joke, even more of a joke is to call the 2002 team equal to the 94' team (which won a World Cup I dont even know how, basically had Romario and Bebeto). Oh and your judgement of the game against England must be clouded after all these years. I mean, scraping a win? Brazil outplayed England after Ronaldinhos red card, as I have never seen a 10 man team do. You guys couldnt touch the ball, Roberto Carlos and Cafu would run down the flanks with the ball and then just retreat it and hold on to it within the team. I actually disagree with every single thing you wrote.

Germany certainly werent a great side. I also believe Spain 2010 team to be much better than this edition. Villa was immense, and they beat the likes of a strong Germany and a strong Netherlands when it mattered the most.

Lord knows why Brazilians think that then, because they're wrong.

Also i don't understand your last sentence, you know we're talking about 2008 onwards right?

Also i don't understand your last sentence, you know we're talking about 2008 onwards right?

You may be, but I'm most certainly not. They're not the same team and can't be judged as if they play the same way as they did 4 years ago.

I meant the 1st half, sorry about that. Im not taking anything away from Spain, Im talking about this 2012 team. I believe like I posted above the 2010 team to be stronger. I actually believe that Spain and Germany 2010, Brazil 2002 and France 2000 were all stronger sides than this Spanish side. Its an unbelievable achievement no doubt, I just disagree regarding that this is the best team ever.

When people talk about "the best team ever" they not mean exactly the team that beat Italy this Sunday, BUT over this four years. Can´t believe that people has gone against this Spanish team. It´s just beyond me.

You may be, but I'm most certainly not. They're not the same team and can't be judged as if they play the same way as they did 4 years ago.

It´s not that big a difference between those two teams.

Thank you, some people just dont understand. Different coach, different back four and different front three. If anything a bit different philosophy too. 

If you are going to say best team ever over the span of 4 years, then sorry, Ill do the same and say the Brazilian side which won 58, 62 and 70 was a lot stronger and their achievement a lot bigger as the 66' was a given had it not been for awful refereeing and no cards being given since it was introduced at the 70' World Cup. And this was over 12 years.

Nah, I'd say you can class 2010-2012 (i.e. del Bosque's Spain) as one, but Spain 2008 were a very different .

they were more fun, current spain is probably better in every possible way but hell at least then they seemed human and vulnerable which makes it more fun to watch. Watching a team which is so superior to anyone they face and then they take an absolutely no risk policy is not fun