Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spain is simple the best them in the history. A head above all of the other teams.

They really arent though.

Erm, yes they are though.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Milan-1990.jpg

tbh.

First of all that is a club team. Then no matter how much anyone would argue I would still think this Spanish team is the best,

Well, if you were including club teams, I'm not sure how you can claim Spain would be better than Barca.

Either way, this team is flattered by the lack of competition around IMO. They're a great team, but they're not 'one of the greats' from where I'm sitting.

Glad it's finished tbh.

Being out yesterday, I didn't give the final a second thought.

Actually thought the final was brilliant in the end.

Spain were incredible, particularly in the first half. It was their usual style of play, only with much more urgency in the final third. It was the team they should be every game.

Italy were actually really good, they brought the ball out from the back well and looked reasonably threatening. They were just undone by two absolutely brilliant goals by an amazing side. Shame about the the Motta injury, think they were still in with a shout until that.

I´m not the one that really like to compare teams and players through years. But how can people say that teams from 40-50 years ago was better when probably many of them hasn´t seem them?

Lack of competioion :lol: why had teams earlier it harder? 10 clean sheets in knock out stages the last three tournaments. And only 1 goals conceded this tournament. Yeah. The other teams are really shitty...

I'm talking about Spain right now, not two or four years ago. They did nothing spectacular in euro 2012 from my pov. They were better in the final than the previous games, but Italy seemed to be in the game before Motta got injured. Previously could only draw vs Italy and vs Portugal.

Not the stuff of 'the best team ever'

I'm talking about Spain right now, not two or four years ago. They did nothing spectacular in euro 2012 from my pov. They were better in the final than the previous games, but Italy seemed to be in the game before Motta got injured. Previously could only draw vs Italy and vs Portugal.

Not the stuff of 'the best team ever'

Italy did it ok before Mottas injure. But Spain was still for me the much better team. When I talk about the best team in the history I´m talking about the period of 08-12 and that another team has been so good for so long. I agree that they didn´t really shined this tournament. But still they only conceded 1 goal and was the better team in every much they play. I most of all. They was at there best when it really mattered.

Glad it's finished tbh.

Being out yesterday, I didn't give the final a second thought.

Actually thought the final was brilliant in the end.

Spain were incredible, particularly in the first half. It was their usual style of play, only with much more urgency in the final third. It was the team they should be every game.

Italy were actually really good, they brought the ball out from the back well and looked reasonably threatening. They were just undone by two absolutely brilliant goals by an amazing side. Shame about the the Motta injury, think they were still in with a shout until that.

First half was good but 2nd half was a non event in a competitiveness sense because realistically as soon as the 2nd goal went in the Italians knew that was it there was no way they were going to get back into it which was only worsened by the Motta injury.

This Spain side is technically incredible, quite possibly the best international side ever but I just can't love them, its almost too clinical in how good there passing is  and how they can utterly destroy a side if the whim takes them there's just no sense of risk with them no danger they are going to lose.

Guest Phil K

Share ur opinion stupid. This spain side easnt even better than their last two sides ffs. Or brazil of 2002.

Matter of opinion. I@d say this side is much better and isn't even at it's peak yet either.

Spain have redefined possession football, mixed with insanely good technique. They've developed their own distinct style of winning and they've won 3 international tournaments in a row, something no other country can boast.

When all is said and done, people will look back at this Spain side as one of the greatest ever. Not just for the fact they're the first to win 3 tournaments in a row, but how they've done it. They've innovated their own way to success, and I think that's got to be admired.

Brazil won 3 world cups out of 4. Just saying :bluestar:

Think France '98 or Brazil '02 would beat this Spain side, fwiw.

What 3 our of 4? they won 2 out of 3. That being said that was one of my favorite teams ever.

58, 62 and 70. Didnt win in 66 for obvious reasons (Pele being treated like no other player ever has ;) ) :lol:

Spain have redefined possession football, mixed with insanely good technique. They've developed their own distinct style of winning and they've won 3 international tournaments in a row, something no other country can boast.

When all is said and done, people will look back at this Spain side as one of the greatest ever. Not just for the fact they're the first to win 3 tournaments in a row, but how they've done it. They've innovated their own way to success, and I think that's got to be admired.

The Brazilian players who won the 58', 62' and/or 70' World Cup never played in a South American tournament like the Euros. The Copa America back then was never respected and team barely put out strong teams. So to use the argument that theyre the best ever because they won 3 straight doesnt work.  I do agree that theyve innovated their way to success and its a team to respect and admire. But I dont agree with many posters on here suggesting its the best team ever, they had problems against Croatia, they had problems against Portugal and they werent as impressive against Italy as the results show.