Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portugal only have themselves to blame, if they'd played the whole match with this level of attacking intent they might be the ones picking up three points.

You can´t just say that. Germany is a great team and you can´t just go all in. That Portugal got so close in the end was that Germany also got more defensive.

But agree that they may defended a little to deep in the second. And that Ronaldo got the ball to little.

Alright mate, there's no need to get so defensible.

ahh. don´t get me wrong. Was just saying what I though more than anything else. Can agree that I was a little bit frustrated during the game. But not now :)

Portugal always take the same approach in every tournament. Dull as f***.

despite the talent they always have a s*** centre forward as well, probably all the way back to eusebio.

Agree that is weird that they never get a real good striker. If they should they would get even closer to victories.

should probably just play Ronaldo as a lone striker and put Nani and more muscular player (Oliveira kid looked promising) alongside him.

I hope both teams die in a coach crash.

Could have spent that 90 minutes having 180 consecutive wanks.

fyp

Nah, it gets tougher towards the end. Raw and plugging away with a semi at best. Loads getting smaller until they dry up all together. That in itself is a blessing as the crusty sock you're using for clean up begins to torture your jap's eye.

You really need to pace yourself if you're going to give it a yank for an hour and half.

Guest BooBoo

Yesterday great. Today not so great.

Still seen more entertainment in two days than at that horror show in Africa two summers back. That World Cup was easily the worst international tournament I've ever sat through.

Still seen more entertainment in two days than at that horror show in Africa two summers back. That World Cup was easily the worst international tournament I've ever sat through.

http://daylife.sky.com/imageserve/0eece2cbS01Il/610x.jpg

Guest BooBoo

It was horrific. Thankfully I've forgotten most of it.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1812587.html

Proceedings opened against RFS

Published: Saturday 9 June 2012, 22.27CET

UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against the Football Union of Russia for the improper conduct of its supporters at Friday's UEFA EURO 2012 match against the Czech Republic.

After having looked at the security reports and available images, UEFA has today announced that disciplinary proceedings have been opened against the Football Union of Russia (RFS) for the improper conduct of its supporters (crowd disturbances), the setting off and throwing of fireworks and the display of illicit banners at Friday's UEFA EURO 2012 Group A match in Wroclaw between Russia and the Czech Republic. The Control and Disciplinary Body will review the case on Wednesday 13 June.

In addition, regarding reports of alleged abuse directed at Czech Republic players from Russia fans, UEFA is investigating this further and is working with FARE to collect more evidence.

despite the talent they always have a s*** centre forward as well, probably all the way back to eusebio.

Pauleta was good, non?

non. pauleta, nuno gomes, postiga, almeida, joao pinto. all medicore, certainly compared to the type of players they had behind them like costa and figo.

Aye. 30 of Pauleta's 47 goals came against Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Cyprus, Kuwait, Azerbaijan, Luxembourg, Cape Verde and Albania.

I know that's par for the course for impressive international records but he was a poacher who didn't offer much else and always let down the impressive midfield talent they had behind them. Good player in Ligue 1 though.

:dave:

Pauleta was good, non?

I had a quid on him top scorer a few years ago, God he was diabolical.

I'd go as far to say that after England Portugal are consistently the most overrated team going into major tournaments.

Everybody always seems to back them as at least potential outsiders and they are persistently negative, toothless up top and overall disappointing.. Closest they've ever got to winning a major trophy was with their golden generation on home soil and they still messed up the final to the worst side ever to win a major competition.