Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea - 12/03/11 - post-match reaction from page 37

Beren

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol: Just like last week, again their highlights are all on our left.

We were camped in our own half for 45mins, man. We had no shots. Ba hasn't touched the ball or threatened their defence at any point. Luiz has had such an easy game, he may as well have stayed in the dressing room.

I will go to jail for kicking Ian Darke in the gunt.

:lol:

Last Meal? Dunkin Donuts, Boss.

Silver lining, but perhaps performances like this will prove that there needs to be serious investment in fullbacks and defensive cover?

:lol: Don't know why we didn't just sign Santon in January, tbh.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The throw in was a correct decision.

The yellow for luiz is dodgy as fuck. Last man always gets red, makes no sense.

Keeper was covering him, innit.  :memelol:

Ignoring the non-red card for a minute we could have went in about 4-1 down.

Difficult to ignore the red card though, he's totally bottled it and we had a good chance of an early goal if Ba didn't get brought down.  Disappointing.

I'm sorry but poor finishing isn't Newcastle's fault. Luck and bad decisions are two different things.

True but they've opened us up at will at times, was just saying on another day a few of those chances would have flew in and we all remember days like that.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Looks like Shola could be on for the second half #nufc coach Steve Stone going over tactical stuff now with him

I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but anyway, our two full backs are terrible. Simpson in posession of the ball is a car crash waiting to happen everytime. This team would be really, really good with half decent fullbacks. hope we sort this soon. Please don't give Simpson a new contract!

i'm absolutely praying Simpson doesn't sign a new deal  :lol:

on the Cabaye Guthrie matter - i think guthrie's looked bright on the ball, but the pair of them don't offer enough energy, strength or solidity in defence. ramires has the run on them.

Cabaye looks lost, as he has in plenty of games recently.

he absolutely needs Tiote in there so he doesn't have to run around aimlessly always 5 paces off the play, but can get on the ball and emphasise his good qualities like touch, skill, vision, long range shots etc.

To summarise: Chelsea's defence looks bad, ours looks worse. The ref has been so biased it hurts a little bit, I'm sorry but if Taylor touched that cross there would of been deviation in the ball.

So our people going to admit Taylor isn't good enough yet?

Replays on Norwegian tv shows Taylor touched the ball.

Fucking joke of a first half. Mainly thanks to the referee. I was expecting us to get overrun and could handle that. But everything that can be slightly debatable has gone completely against us. Fucking ridiculous.

As I mentioned earlier, pretty much everything is going down our left because they know it's easy pickings. If that isn't enough to tell Pardew that Raylor really isn't up to this full time, then I don't know what is. Saylor's biggest test of the season so far imo, stepping up as captain against Chelsea, he's the man in that back line today. Just hope he can continue to be the rock he's been with Colo beside him. Not expecting miracles with Perch next to him, though.

Cabaye's been in and out, good balls when given the chance but like the majority, hasn't got a hold on the game. Guthrie the same, maybe slightly better. But Tron's right about Chelsea almost drifting past them at will. Obertan is *shock horror* nigh on anonymous, apart from now and then when you notice him running into a blind alley. You know you're not doing something right when Peter Lovenkrands is showing you up on the opposite side.

Ba, just, what can you say about him? What a beast, only thing that keeps me clinging to hope. And Krul of course, words don't even need to be said about the Dutch Maestro, he sure as hell gets my nether lands going.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I don't want to dwell on this, but the only thing I can think about Mike Dean is either he is biased, or he doesn't know the rules. 

Both are unforgivable.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:dave:

Also Alan Smith has been a disgrace in commentry.

He really doesn't like us very much does he?

Even shits on us when you're playing FIFA. Nee escape!  :lol: