Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea - 12/03/11 - post-match reaction from page 37

Beren

really demoralising that. fucking idiot ref.

HBA not impacted on the game. Raylor gave the worst 30 minutes i've ever seen a left back give in my life, but improved every so slightly after that, perhaps getting more help from midfield.

No Colo is devastating. hope it's something that can be fixed before next week. shows how royally we screwed up in the summer not bringing in a centre-half when you see Perch challenging in the air with Drobga. a bizarre and humbling sight.

Ba has been lively mind, and Krul's been world class. two glimmers of hope.

on the right side Simpson is his doing his usual trick of going hiding when we're in possession, and not being committed enough in defence, but the real culprit there is Obertan. at times he looks like a real talent, but for the majority of the time he doesn't even look like a footballer and that's how it's been so far today.

Would be nice to see Sammy and Best come on at some point. not sure who for though, probably Obertan and Loven - not that Loven has done badly.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

All the Chelsea players know its a red, man. Look at their faces.

Can't help but feel that pen we got last week and SAFs comments has made Refs pissed off at us now.  :lol:

Frustrating game, but we are missing some of our best players for this. Worrying how much Sturridge has got down the left. Our crosses are getting snuffed out by Chelsea very well. Obertan is lacking testicals again and making mistakes. Lovenkrands is more involved than usual which is a nice suprise. Colo off for Perch is very unfortunate, hoping Pardew has done good work with Perch and we see better from him. Guthrie has been pretty good and Ba is having a better day than Ben Arfa so far. Shame we didn't get the red card decision early on as he deserved to go for that.

I don't know how fit some of our bench is, but we have options with Santon, Gosling, Sa. Ameobi, Sh. Ameobi and Best.

Guest Heneage

Ignoring the non-red card for a minute we could have went in about 4-1 down.

Difficult to ignore the red card though, he's totally bottled it and we had a good chance of an early goal if Ba didn't get brought down.  Disappointing.

I'm sorry but poor finishing isn't Newcastle's fault. Luck and bad decisions are two different things.

Postives - Ba, Guthrie and obviously Krul. 

Negatives - Ben Arfa not having an impact as I'd hope/expect him to, simpson still hasn't learn to tackle and perch/taylor on the left scares me shitless.

If they'll all over us for the next 10/15 mins I can see Gosling coming on.  If we're in a with a sniff maybe Best will appear.  Sammy will come on around 80 mins.

I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but anyway, our two full backs are terrible. Simpson in posession of the ball is a car crash waiting to happen everytime. This team would be really, really good with half decent fullbacks. hope we sort this soon. Please don't give Simpson a new contract!

To summarise: Chelsea's defence looks bad, ours looks worse. The ref has been so biased it hurts a little bit, I'm sorry but if Taylor touched that cross there would of been deviation in the ball.

So oare people going to admit Taylor isn't good enough yet?

people are correct to say raylor looks shoddy without jonas covering him but it was also not helped by how high our backline was playing especially in the first 30 mins.  that high line really compounded the lack of quality in raylor.

however that goal has nothing to do with our high line, we conceded that goal after our backline of four has just settled and played deeper, but it was just pure lack of concentration to allow that throwing leading to a cross in the box.

To summarise: Chelsea's defence looks bad ours looks worse. The ref has been so biased it hurts a little bit, I'm sorry but if Taylor touched that cross there would of been deviation in the ball.

So our people going to admit Taylor isn't good enough yet?

pretty sure he's a man utd fan,  trying to get his vengeance.  sick ref.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol: Just like last week, again their highlights are all on our left.

We were camped in our own half for 45mins, man. We had no shots. Ba hasn't touched the ball or threatened their defence at any point. Luiz has had such an easy game, he may as well have stayed in the dressing room.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Should never have been Loven and Obertan on the wing, especially with Sammy's track record against Chelsea.

http://www.leazesterrace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Taylor-image.jpg

We're in a tough situation. The decision was disgraceful, clear red card, not even debatable. No excuse for the ref.

The players are giving their all as usual and I'm very pleased so far but I just can't see us getting anything of the game. Ryan Taylor and Perch simply won't cope.

To summarise: Chelsea's defence looks bad ours looks worse. The ref has been so biased it hurts a little bit, I'm sorry but if Taylor touched that cross there would of been deviation in the ball.

So our people going to admit Taylor isn't good enough yet?

It hit his head. Taylor told Krul it was the right decision before the throw.

:lol: Just like last week, again their highlights are all on our left.

We were camped in our own half for 45mins, man. We had no shots. Ba hasn't touched the ball or threatened their defence at any point. Luiz has had such an easy game, he may as well have stayed in the dressing room.

I will go to jail for kicking Ian Darke in the gunt.