Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea - 12/03/11 - post-match reaction from page 37

Beren

One of those days today, its a bummer you just know we arent going to score when you hit the woodwork the 2nd time.

The referee cost us the game. Chelsea should have been down to 10 men, they should never have had a penalty, we should have had a penalty, they should never have had all the cheap free kicks.

Out of interest which was our penatly shout? Chelsea was as definitely a penatly why be so biased about it??

He was going down before the contact, therefor he simulates before any foul has taken place, I.E. it should be a free kick to us.

On the corner when Terry pressed one of our forwards down, you just can't do that.

Go back to bed man :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Krul 9

Simpson 6

Taylor 7

Colo 8 Perch 7

R.Taylor 2

Obertan 4

Guthrie 7.5

Cabaye 6.5

Lovenkrands 5

Ben Arfa 5 Shola 6.5

Ba 7.5

One of those days today, its a bummer you just know we arent going to score when you hit the woodwork the 2nd time.

The referee cost us the game. Chelsea should have been down to 10 men, they should never have had a penalty, we should have had a penalty, they should never have had all the cheap free kicks.

Out of interest which was our penatly shout? Chelsea was as definitely a penatly why be so biased about it??

He was going down before the contact, therefor he simulates before any foul has taken place, I.E. it should be a free kick to us.

On the corner when Terry pressed one of our forwards down, you just can't do that.

It should be, he fucking dived.

one thing we never did was run at their central defence, thats becuase we dont have the players to do that.  maybe with exception of ben arfa and but he was shocking.   

terry is the master of the air, he can deal with high balls all day long and all we did was play high balls in their defence,  laid it on a plate for terry we did.

terry was fukking immense today, it actually really annoyed me,  without him we would have gotten something from this game,

our spirit was still high all the way til the end,

howay the lads!

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Our shape looked a lot better when HBA came off.

It looked like his team-mates had no idea when or where he was going to release the ball.

yes

Lovenkrands - 6. Did alright going forward but invisible defensively and we paid for that.

and yes.  This and the way Raylor looks without him makes you really appreciate Jonas and how fit he is.  Even when Jonas is playing poorly, he never stops working, which is huge for our side.

Unlucky lads. Pardew needs to take a long hard look at himself though..

Why? Don't see what he did wrong.

Ryan Taylor.

Obviously has his reasons. Santon isn't a defensive fullback anyway.

Neither is Raylor ffs.

Also, despite them actually not being too bad, I'm disappointed he considers Lovenkrands and Ameobi good enough to change a game.

Replace an experienced player with a kid who has sat on the bench for his whole career and can't speak English. Doesn't really make sense. Especially against Chelsea.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/189/261/original.jpg?1319210439

Don't understand the use of the pic?

Perch was surprisingly not bad like.

That's about the only positive thing I can say.

The referee is a fucking disgrace. Could count on one hand the amount of decisions he got right today.

All of the wrong ones are coming out in paperback next week. The perfect Christmas present.

You're delutional/clueless/or both. It was one of the clearest penalties i've seen this season.

Disagree with the first bit, Cabaye got turned and caught him, he fell abit comical but i dont think we can have too much to complain. As for Terry pressing against our strikers? You never played a game of football in your life?? That happens every game at least 10 times and if that was a penatly then every game should have about 10 penatlies, not a accurate judgement really.

Very mixed feelings about that.

First half we were really poor and deserved to be behind. Couldn't keep hold of the ball and there was some really poor defending as well.

Second half we played much better and up until the 88th minute it felt like we could snatch an equiliser. We had some really good chances and were a bit unluky not to score. Of course after the 88th minute everything went a bit wrong but that was largely because we were attacking while playing with 10 men (Taylor could hardly run when they scored their second).

Very worrying about Taylor and Colo. Perch wasn't horrific (not brilliant mind) but apart from him we have no other CB.

Krul: 8 - Didn't deserve to concede three today. Kept us in it for a lot of the game

Simpson: 6 - Not massively impressive either going forward or going back

Colo: 7 - Solid until forced off (Perch: 5 - Poor marking of Drogba for the goal and looked a shaky at times)

S.Taylor: 7 - Again solid until he came off

R. Taylor: 4 - Seemed to play better as the game went on but Sturridge tore him apart too many times

Obertan: 4 - How he didn't get taken off I'll never know. Gave the ball away loads and created very little

Cabaye: 5 - Didn't pick up for the first goal. Wasn't as impressive as Guthrie going forward.

Guthrie: 6 - If he keeps it simple and stops trying to be Steven Gerrard he'll be a good player. Drove us forward in the second half at time but gives the ball away too much while trying to do too much with it

Lovenkrans: 5 - Wasn't too bad but didn't give a whole lot of cover to R.Taylor and didn't offer a lot going forward (Sammy: 6 - Promising when he came on)

Ben Arfa: 4 - Anonymous (Shola: 7 - Great effort to hit the bar and helped make us look much more lively second half)

Ba: 7 - Kept working and had a few good efforts.

You're delutional/clueless/or both. It was one of the clearest penalties i've seen this season.

He was going down before contact was made, therefor he was simulating the foul, therefor it is a free kick to us.

this game shows that newcastle got a strong eleven but the substitute can' t reach the level

sameobi is still young, lovenkrands ok player

and chelsea wad reall y shit today, it was a little performance from the magpies i think

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul- 9. Such a brilliant goalkeeper.

Simpson- 5. Better than Raylor. Yet again poor crossing.

Saylor- 7. Excellent defender, fear he'll have a spell on the sidelines though.

Perch- 6. Not bad.

Raylor- 2. Fucking crap.

Obertan-4. Poor display.

Guthrie- 7. A lot of hard work and strong crossfield passing.

Cabaye- 6. Worked hard, good engine.

Lovenkrands-5. Decent offensive shift. No protection for Raylor. Which begs the question why not play Sammy from the start?

Ben Arfa- 5. Not involved enough.

Ba- 6. Dangerous at times.

Shola- 6. Some good work.

Disagree with the first bit, Cabaye got turned and caught him, he fell abit comical but i dont think we can have too much to complain. As for Terry pressing against our strikers? You never played a game of football in your life?? That happens every game at least 10 times and if that was a penatly then every game should have about 10 penatlies, not a accurate judgement really.

Theirs a difference between challenging someone and then forcing their body down.

Unlucky lads. Pardew needs to take a long hard look at himself though..

Why? Don't see what he did wrong.

Ryan Taylor.

Obviously has his reasons. Santon isn't a defensive fullback anyway.

Neither is Raylor ffs.

Also, despite them actually not being too bad, I'm disappointed he considers Lovenkrands and Ameobi good enough to change a game.

Replace an experienced player with a kid who has sat on the bench for his whole career and can't speak English. Doesn't really make sense. Especially against Chelsea.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/189/261/original.jpg?1319210439

Don't understand the use of the pic?

Self explanatory really.

Perch was surprisingly not bad like.

That's about the only positive thing I can say.

The referee is a f***ing disgrace. Could count on one hand the amount of decisions he got right today.

All of the wrong ones are coming out in paperback next week. The perfect Christmas present.

after fuckking up for the drogba goal ( that cross should have never been allowed to get in bad bad concentration, simpson was shit!)   

perch then went on to boss drogba.  but the damage wa salready done.

He was going down before contact was made, therefor he was simulating the foul, therefor it is a free kick to us.

I'm going with "both".

I know we were unlucky not to score and perhaps get something, but Chelsea missed a pen and a couple of sitters as well. They could have easily scored 6 or 7 easily if it wasn't for a combination of terrible finishing and some good work by Krul.