Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea - 12/03/11 - post-match reaction from page 37

Beren

One of those days today, its a bummer you just know we arent going to score when you hit the woodwork the 2nd time.

The referee cost us the game. Chelsea should have been down to 10 men, they should never have had a penalty, we should have had a penalty, they should never have had all the cheap free kicks.

Out of interest which was our penatly shout? Chelsea was as definitely a penatly why be so biased about it??

He was going down before the contact, therefor he simulates before any foul has taken place, I.E. it should be a free kick to us.

On the corner when Terry pressed one of our forwards down, you just can't do that.

Disagree with the first bit, Cabaye got turned and caught him, he fell abit comical but i dont think we can have too much to complain. As for Terry pressing against our strikers? You never played a game of football in your life?? That happens every game at least 10 times and if that was a penatly then every game should have about 10 penatlies, not a accurate judgement really.

Theirs a difference between challenging someone and then forcing their body down.

Theres a difference between a WUM and you, you're shit at it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Really gutted, can't believe Mike Dean said the ball was going to Cech therefore it wasn't a red card, the ball was RIGHT on Demba's toe!

Yeah. Shit his pants on that one like. Though I reckon Ryan Taylor's 'tackle' was a red card too.

Was I watching a different game to everyone else? Wasn't Perch "marking" Drogba on the header he scored and didn't Perch miss the challenge that let Chelsea through for the second?

Worst player on the pitch.

Also, Obertan has his weaknesses but for much of the game he was our only penetration going forward. He got the ball into dangerous positions a few times. Not spectacular but far from shite.

Same for R.Taylor... when he stopped pushing up so high and concentrated on his defending he made some key challenges. Fucking hairy for the first 20 minutes, mind.

Really gutted, can't believe Mike Dean said the ball was going to Cech therefore it wasn't a red card, the ball was RIGHT on Demba's toe!

Yeah. Shit his pants on that one like. Though I reckon Ryan Taylor's 'tackle' was a red card too.

Small part of me was hoping for a red, just to force Pardew's hand into taking him off LB duty. We need all the bodies we can get atm.

Love the excuse that the referee made a mistake in our favour so that somehow justifies mistakes made against us today :lol:

Might use that one at work next week when I next fuck up.

We were screwed completely. Hit the woodwork 3 times and had numerous chances. Obviously Luiz should have walked - they don't get any more blatant than that.

A draw was probably a fair result but with Perch, Raylor, Obertan and Lovenkrands playing, we were pissing against the wind really.

God, we need Colo to be OK.

Guest Howaythetoon

We were outclassed at times and Chelsea could have ran away with some of the many many chances they had. Of course we created our own chances but none so cut and clear and in the end we simply ran out if ideas. I was very disappointed to see us launch it long all the time which was quite easy for Chelsea to deal with in the end, that type of game is Terry's type of game. Krul kept us in it with some top goalkeeping, mind Sturridge in particular was very wasteful with his chances. Ryan Taylor was all over the place positionaly and Simpson was shocking going forward and in possession. Mind having a complete donkey in front of him who did fuck all didn't help. Steven Taylor was immense and I thought Guthrie was too. Cabaye played very deep which I don't think is his game. Lovenkrands worked hard and had a few good moments but why Pardew keeps selecting him I do not know, its actually quite scary. I thought Sammy showed more when he come on as did Shola over Ben Arfa who was anonymous. Shola caused them all kinds of problems and his shot would have went in on another day. Ba worked hard and again could have scored a goal on another day. Perch also played well I thought. The difference for me though was Mata, he ran the show. Was it a sending off? Without a doubt but we didn't lose the game due to that, we lost because Chelsea who are still a top side, outplayed us for the vast majority and when you keep creating chances time and time again like they did, the goals will come and they did. Our weak squad could really kill us this season. We fought magnificently well mind and we do put a shift in. Their heads never dropped once.

Guest johnson293

We were screwed completely. Hit the woodwork 3 times and had numerous chances. Obviously Luiz should have walked - they don't get any more blatant than that.

A draw was probably a fair result but with Perch, Raylor, Obertan and Lovenkrands playing, we were pissing against the wind really.

God, we need Colo to be OK.

I'm hoping Colo (and Salyor) going off were precautionary.

Perch was ready on the sidelines, and Colo still managed to play (and tackle) for another minute or two - so it wasn't as if he went down and had to limp off.

Just looked in a bit of discomfort as he walked off. Didn't notice waht happened with, and why Saylor went off though.

Love the excuse that the referee made a mistake in our favour so that somehow justifies mistakes made against us today :lol:

Might use that one at work next week when I next f*** up.

It's not even a case of us being bitter cos of a poor performance today. I literally don't think I've ever seen him referee a game properly.

We were outclassed at times and Chelsea could have ran away with some of the many many chances they had. Of course we created our own chances but none so cut and clear and in the end we simply ran out if ideas. I was very disappointed to see us launch it long all the time which was quite easy for Chelsea to deal with in the end, that type of game is Terry's type of game. Krul kept us in it with some top goalkeeping, mind Sturridge in particular was very wasteful with his chances. Ryan Taylor was all over the place positionaly and Simpson was shocking going forward and in possession. Mind having a complete donkey in front of him who did fuck all didn't help. Steven Taylor was immense and I thought Guthrie was too. Cabaye played very deep which I don't think is his game. Lovenkrands worked hard and had a few good moments but why Pardew keeps selecting him I do not know, its actually quite scary. I thought Sammy showed more when he come on as did Shola over Ben Arfa who was anonymous. Shola caused them all kinds of problems and his shot would have went in on another day. Ba worked hard and again could have scored a goal on another day. Perch also played well I thought. The difference for me though was Mata, he ran the show. Was it a sending off? Without a doubt but we didn't lose the game due to that, we lost because Chelsea who are still a top side, outplayed us for the vast majority and when you keep creating chances time and time again like they did, the goals will come and they did. Our weak squad could really kill us this season. We fought magnificently well mind and we do put a shift in. Their heads never dropped once.

Bollocks. Mata aside they were shite going forward. Our errors gifted them the game.

Defensively they were decent. They got ahead and made sure they had plenty of men behind the ball when we were in possession. Frustratingly we didn't (couldn't) change our play to deal with that.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Did i miss something, apparantly our bench were fuming with the 2nd and 3rd goal celebrations and AVB has appologised.

They didn't seem over the top to me?

I think its more to do with Chelsea scoring against 10 men and their whole bench celebrating like crazy. Does seem a strange one like.

Did i miss something, apparantly our bench were fuming with the 2nd and 3rd goal celebrations and AVB has appologised.

I think its more to do with Chelsea scoring against 10 men and their whole bench celebrating like crazy. Does seem a strange one like.

More than likely. Frustrating as fuck seeing people celebrate like they just took on the world when they're playing ten minute that have pretty much given up. Not that it matters, just annoying to see.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

More than likely. Frustrating as fuck seeing people celebrate like they just took on the world when they're playing ten minute that have pretty much given up. Not that it matters, just annoying to see.

Even more a pisser if your blood is boiling because CHELSEA should have been down to 10 men.

Guest Howaythetoon

We were outclassed at times and Chelsea could have ran away with some of the many many chances they had. Of course we created our own chances but none so cut and clear and in the end we simply ran out if ideas. I was very disappointed to see us launch it long all the time which was quite easy for Chelsea to deal with in the end, that type of game is Terry's type of game. Krul kept us in it with some top goalkeeping, mind Sturridge in particular was very wasteful with his chances. Ryan Taylor was all over the place positionaly and Simpson was shocking going forward and in possession. Mind having a complete donkey in front of him who did f*** all didn't help. Steven Taylor was immense and I thought Guthrie was too. Cabaye played very deep which I don't think is his game. Lovenkrands worked hard and had a few good moments but why Pardew keeps selecting him I do not know, its actually quite scary. I thought Sammy showed more when he come on as did Shola over Ben Arfa who was anonymous. Shola caused them all kinds of problems and his shot would have went in on another day. Ba worked hard and again could have scored a goal on another day. Perch also played well I thought. The difference for me though was Mata, he ran the show. Was it a sending off? Without a doubt but we didn't lose the game due to that, we lost because Chelsea who are still a top side, outplayed us for the vast majority and when you keep creating chances time and time again like they did, the goals will come and they did. Our weak squad could really kill us this season. We fought magnificently well mind and we do put a shift in. Their heads never dropped once.

Bollocks. Mata aside they were s**** going forward. Our errors gifted them the game.

Defensively they were decent. They got ahead and made sure they had plenty of men behind the ball when we were in possession. Frustratingly we didn't (couldn't) change our play to deal with that.

In the first half they were excellent going forward and at times in the second half too. They did score 3 goals and had at least 3 clear cut chances to score. Sturridge could have had a hattrick on another day. They were simply the better side. We huffed and puffed but showed little class. We simply couldn't work them around with the ball which is what they did to us. A lesson learned I hope from our lot.

got to agree with HTT, we just arnt quite up to competing with these teams. Squad deficiancies now showing, If Ashley cashes in on our better players in the window, we will lose our momentum.

Just one of those fucking horrible games where ref decisions, hitting the post/crossbar, too many injuries etc just all went wrong for us.

Drogba would not have scored if Colo had been marking him and not perch who was on his heels. 2nd goal kalou would not have been unchallenged if S.Taylor could walk and the 3rd we were down to 10 men and exposed with a defence of Simpson, Perch and R.Taylor.  :scared:

Im sorry but ryan taylor is a joke. Countless times he was no where to be seen with Coloccini mopping up behind him and then when he was there he got skinned everytime.

He went a little crazy for the 2nd but can't really blame him. He's been under immense pressure and that goal sealed the win.

It should have been a sending off for Luiz, but it didn't happen and ultimately having Sturridge against Ryan Taylor we would always struggle. I think Tyalors problem is that he will either focus on the ball or the player and this will either leave him out of position, his body position will be all wrong and the opposition player is allowed a clear run behind him. I know left back isn't his normal position, but as a full back you need to have a clear view of whats going on the pitch so ball and player to help make your decisions.

Perch could have been closer to Drogba for the first, but the second goal was just a good through ball (I thought Perch did well to get a block in before it got to Kalou). The third goal was just because we had a back four of Obertan, Perch, Simpson and R Taylor. Tim Krul pulled off some phenomonal saves, we struggled with our luck as we made a couple of chances, but the woodwork prevented us from scoring. I thought Guthrie had a good game, but we struggled when there was no movement in front so had to resort to the long ball. Obertan...could be better, he doesn't seem to know what to do with the ball. He has pace, but no end product.

Its frustrating today, but I couldn't really fault the players effort. It was a difference in quality between the players and I just hope that the injuries weren't serious.