Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I'm not one for the corruption line, the so called bigger clubs will get more decisions due to them having more of the ball, and in turn getting tackled more, just an opinion like. Offsides are really irrelevant in the decisions as VAR generally clears it up correctly anyway.

What I am certain of is our refs are just piss poor, being backed up by themselves as the VAR officials, that seems daft really. A poor official on the pitch, then he's judging the VAR decision the next, absolutely crackers.

4 hours ago, Pilko said:

Had a quick scroll through the first 5 pages of the Blue Moon post match thread and there's loads calling "corruption" and calling the ref shit cos of the VAR rescinded red :lol: thick bastards must have missed him giving them every single marginal decision and then ignoring identical fouls they made all afternoon long.

I saw this, a few of them were moaning about the disallowed goal too. They can be a weird bunch, swear they despise UEFA for no reason other than their inability to win the Champions League.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Think the Fraser one from last season was probably the worst decision I've ever seen. Maybe Kevin Friend v Burton tops it.

That penalty incident in the championship takes some beating mind :lol:

It's tough enough to play against Man City, but that's now two blatant penalties noy given our way in the last two games against them. No idea how they weren't given like. 

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

The Chelsea non penalty was terrible, a push, a trip and completely ignoring a shirt pull.....mental that wasn't given.

Weren't er given an explanation for that one? Something along the lines of the ref saw the pull, but didn't realise how bad it was so VAR couldn't overturn it? :lol: such a ridiculous decision, however it came to be 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Think the Fraser one from last season was probably the worst decision I've ever seen. Maybe Kevin Friend v Burton tops it.

Vertonghen given offside in his own half was possibly the worst for me. That Pedro Mendes disallowed goal is up there too.

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Bruno's early yellow after him getting dragged back by the neck a bit earlier (unpunished) just set the tone for the game/ref.

There were 10+ incidents such as this, are the refs paid off for certain sides or is there an ingrained bias?

I won't say "incompetence" as it's clearly deliberate but to what extent?

Is it organised corruption or just a general ethos?

17 minutes ago, Mountain said:

There were 10+ incidents such as this, are the refs paid off for certain sides or is there an ingrained bias?

I won't say "incompetence" as it's clearly deliberate but to what extent?

Is it organised corruption or just a general ethos?

I'll  be honest I was starting to question it even happened to Bruno as I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere... just completely ignored. 

I'm going to have to watch first 10 mins of the match again to make sure I'm not making shit up :lol: I was worried he was going to get wound up after it. 

33 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I'll  be honest I was starting to question it even happened to Bruno as I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere... just completely ignored. 

I'm going to have to watch first 10 mins of the match again to make sure I'm not making shit up :lol: I was worried he was going to get wound up after it. 

Was never shown on TV, they really overdid the replays on many occasions.

Thank you to both posters above.

I know it seems bonkers but the regularity of such occurances raises questions. It seems to happen again and again to the extent that it no longer feels like a single bad referreing job or a single bad VAR job. As if it is organised and deliberate. I'm aware this makes me look like a conspiracy theorist so I'll withdraw from that assertion. I won't make any further comments on it.

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

Think you should mic your refs like in the NFL and make them explain controversial calls on the pitch.

They used to do something similar in rugby. I just don’t think it makes practical sense in football apart from after VAR decisions. In the NFL there are a billion extended stoppages and loads of refs - it’s much more feasible.

Just now, leffe186 said:

They used to do something similar in rugby. I just don’t think it makes practical sense in football apart from after VAR decisions. In the NFL there are a billion extended stoppages and loads of refs - it’s much more feasible.

Yeah that's when I mean. Instead of vague hand gestures say why or why not.

18 hours ago, Mike said:

Think you should mic your refs like in the NFL and make them explain controversial calls on the pitch.

I think the EPL want this in principle but you are going to pick up all the foul mouthed language our heroes give to the officials and that will cause outrage to Daily Mail readers.