Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Was it definitely a foul that awarded them a freekick for the goal?

Lino was cross-eyed tonight

Very soft but the type you see given all the time, player gets in front and falls down (Colback tries it a lot).

Ref was good on whole. Let quite a lot of our challenges go when more of an interventionist might have blown up

Comments like that man. You're like the typical jerk who has the hot sweetest kinkiest wife, you don't deserve her. In this case you don't deserve football in your life.

Ref was good on whole. Let quite a lot of our challenges go when more of an interventionist might have blown up

Comments like that man. You're like the typical jerk who has the hot sweetest kinkiest wife, you don't deserve her. In this case you don't deserve football in your life.

POIDH

The cunty lino is clearly not fit enough for PL football, numerous times he was behind the pace. And to not see that is absolutely ludicrous. Aguero turned round straight away to look over and couldn't believe his luck when the flag stayed down.

Guest Phillipealbert

I think we watched different games.  The Ref was beyond awful.  The only decision he got right, was the non-pen, and that was obvious anyway.

I think we watched different games.  The Ref was beyond awful.  The only decision he got right, was the non-pen, and that was obvious anyway.

Well, that's overstating the case tbf. I was furious at the offside goal, but that was the assistant's call, he got the non-pen right, there were just lots of little niggly decisions where I thought wtf? Throw-ins and nothing freekicks and stuff. Standard things. As Rafa said, you just get on with it.

:lol: I'm going to have a massive argument with the mackems at work about the offside, like, I can feel it.

Guest firetotheworks

What the actual fuck. :lol: This reads like the wrong person has been quoted.

Stifler does tend to see refereeing performances in a very one-sided way.

Not really, just Premiership ones. They are shit, the proof is there, the fact that we have this thread is enough proof that theirs many in here who think the same, go on other message boards and you will see similar, either decision by decision threads or in the match threads. The refereeing at the top level is a joke. The trouble is though we have a situation where the players can be publicly slated, managers can, even owners, but no one is allowed to call out referee's. It's shocking, referee's are there to enforce the laws of the game fairly, in society we even have the ability to complain about those who abuse similar powers (police complaints commission), however these fuckers are untouchable. Fans of pretty much every club, particularly in the Premier League are well aware that bigger clubs get big decisions, it's got to the point where in certain situations we can pretty much write the script of games, unfortunately it's also got to the point where we accept it and it's an inside joke.

Further highlights the absolute need for video technology if you ask me. Such high, ever increasing, stakes absolutely requires it. It literally would have taken no more than ten seconds to review that goal and correctly flag it for the blatant offside it was. And for all those saying it will disrupt the flow of the game etc the review and decision would be made before they'd even finished celebrating.

Further highlights the absolute need for video technology if you ask me. Such high, ever increasing, stakes absolutely requires it. It literally would have taken no more than ten seconds to review that goal and correctly flag it for the blatant offside it was. And for all those saying it will disrupt the flow of the game etc the review and decision would be made before they'd even finished celebrating.

You know what, I have always been against it.  But I think I agree for things like this.  The same way when they use it in Cricket, just to check if it's a no ball or not. 

I wouldn't want to see it brought in for other decisions, though.  As you would get situations similar to Vardy vs Arsenal and also against West Ham.  Where it's still inconclusive and people have different views on whether or not it was a foul, dive or neither. 

I just worry, that if it is brought in for offsides.  They'll start using it for other decisions, like red cards, goal scoring opportunities, penalties etc.  I don't want that and I really do think that would ruin the flow of the game. 

It's ridiculous to even have to contemplate it, but you look at things like that and actually think "The linesman does actually... he does know you can be offside from a free kick, it's not like a goal-kick or a throw-in?"

Thought it was funny everyone kicking off against Jon Moss yesterday, those decisions going against Leicester last season wouldn't have even been a major part of the match report, never mind had discussions on national news.

You know what, I have always been against it.  But I think I agree for things like this.  The same way when they use it in Cricket, just to check if it's a no ball or not. 

I wouldn't want to see it brought in for other decisions, though.  As you would get situations similar to Vardy vs Arsenal and also against West Ham.  Where it's still inconclusive and people have different views on whether or not it was a foul, dive or neither. 

I just worry, that if it is brought in for offsides.  They'll start using it for other decisions, like red cards, goal scoring opportunities, penalties etc.  I don't want that and I really do think that would ruin the flow of the game. 

100% agree - it needs to be for yes/no decisions only, and not where there is subjectivity.

The only yes/no decisions for me are (1) is the ball within the field of play (including goals), (2) last touch before leaving the field of play, (3) offside, (4) amoutn of injury time to be played.

Anything elese has a grey area and needs to be allowed to be judged by the ref

I usually give the refs the benefit of the doubt but the Augero goal is a disgrace. It's a static set piece and he was offside the whole time it wasn't like he made a clever run. You could tell Augero knew it was offside too.

Of course he did, he snapped his neck to look over to the linesman and you could tell he couldn't believe it in the celebration huddle.