Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

29 minutes ago, Rod said:

Do the same as in rugby and "stop the clock".  Everyone then knows how much time is left.  In football it is basically the referee adding the time on with a lot of the time no justification.  I mean, the whole world saw 90 + 5 on their  TV screens.  How can the opposition score a goal in 90 + 8?  I can't get my head around what happened tonight.  In shock.

Nah. They only want to have a timer so they can do adverts like they do in American Sports.

There has been enough incidents in the US where there has incidents happen after the clock, and in NFL you regularly see both sides stroll off before the clock has finished.

There is no doubt in my mind that we will just start having incidents where the officials say the clock we are all watching is out to theirs whenever they need too.

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Nah. They only want to have a timer so they can do adverts like they do in American Sports.

There has been enough incidents in the US where there has incidents happen after the clock, and in NFL you regularly see both sides stroll off before the clock has finished.

There is no doubt in my mind that we will just start having incidents where the officials say the clock we are all watching is out to theirs whenever they need too.

Stopping the game clock when the ball is not in play has been floated for a long time though, with little to do with ads or american sport. Shorten the halves to 35 minutes each (or thereabouts) and just stop the clock for all stoppages in play; throw ins, free kicks, goal kicks, etc.

Some enforced breaks in american sports are for ads but the example you give - running out the clock (e.g. walking off the field before getting to 0:00) - is due to a quirky combination of game clock + play clock in american football allowing a team to basically forfeit their last play to receive a break (end of half/quarter) or kill off the game so their opponents don't get the ball back.

A different facet of that same quirk is the reason the last 15 seconds of NBA playoff games typically last 37 minutes.

Edited by thomas

2 minutes ago, thomas said:

Stopping the game clock when the ball is not in play has been floated for a long time though, with little to do with ads or american sport. Shorten the halves to 35 minutes each (or thereabouts) and just stop the clock for all stoppages in play; throw ins, free kicks, goal kicks, etc.

Some enforced breaks in american sports are for ads but the example you give - running out the clock (e.g. walking off the field before getting to 0:00) - is due to a quirky combination of game clock + play clock in american football allowing a team to basically forfeit their last play to receive a break (end of half/quarter) or kill off the game so their opponents don't get the ball back.

A different facet of that same quirk is the reason the last 15 seconds of NBA playoff games typically last 37 minutes.

Do you honestly think they want to do it for the best interests of the game. All the major footballing authorities have proven themselves to be corrupt.

FIFA with World Cup bids. UEFA with changing the rules to allow PSG to spend as much as they want but not to allow for newcomers to do so. Not to mention trying their best to give the top clubs every possibly way of qualifying for the Champions League.

In our domestic game it’s clear that every authority is working for the top 6 and have been for decades. Let’s not also forget that they even tried to sell Wembley so in their own words, could pay the grassroots football the money they were due too in anyway.

These guys want money, and they want it on behalf of the top clubs and themselves. They want to have a stop clock so a game lasts 3 hours. So you can have water break that are filled with adverts. So the clubs can sell the attending fans more pie and drink £10 combo meals whilst they are inside the stadium.

The clock as it is has never been a problem until these corrupt cunts came along and used it to their own advantage.

Just now, Stifler said:

Do you honestly think they want to do it for the best interests of the game. All the major footballing authorities have proven themselves to be corrupt.

FIFA with World Cup bids. UEFA with changing the rules to allow PSG to spend as much as they want but not to allow for newcomers to do so. Not to mention trying their best to give the top clubs every possibly way of qualifying for the Champions League.

In our domestic game it’s clear that every authority is working for the top 6 and have been for decades. Let’s not also forget that they even tried to sell Wembley so in their own words, could pay the grassroots football the money they were due too in anyway.

These guys want money, and they want it on behalf of the top clubs and themselves. They want to have a stop clock so a game lasts 3 hours. So you can have water break that are filled with adverts. So the clubs can sell the attending fans more pie and drink £10 combo meals whilst they are inside the stadium.

The clock as it is has never been a problem until these corrupt cunts came along and used it to their own advantage.

yF5NQZN.gif

i was just talking about clocks man

20 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Load of shit.  Never ever seen an advert in rugby.

1 hour ago, BlackandWhite said:

I would have thought pope spent about a minute and a half down on the deck, but there was no other major stoppage. Liverpool got gifted an extra minute and a half from nothing.

I agree.

30 minutes ago, Stifler said:

You clearly don't understand American football and the other point is just ridiculous tin foil stuff.

There was no dogawful officiating tonight, just corrupt officiating in favour of one of the EPL's beloved big six teams., as usually happens. You will soon be able to make a feature length fim about all of the dodgy VAR and referee decisions that have gone in favour of the filthy six as opposed to all  of the "lesser clubs".

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

What the hell are you talking about?  You like to post about the US (politics, sports), but everything you say reads like someone who half read a tourism flyer.

What the fuck does the bolded even mean?

I think I’d be genuinely less annoyed if VAR didn’t exist and they disallowed the goal. At least then it would have been done based on one persons opinion in a split second. What actually happened is a room full of officials chose to ignore the incredibly strong evidence that it was onside, or at worst it was too close to call as marginally on or offside, and therefore the benefit of the doubt shout have gone to the attacking team.

We’ve been done like an absolute kipper, and that’s without even going into the added time debacle.

How does he find, in those 5minutes, 3minutes to add on, when the entire second-half with all the time-wasting, ball out of play and substitutes he manages to find only 5minutes? 

That would be 20minutes added on each half if the same was applied during regular time.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Thought we definitely took the pee a bit with restarts and the cramps so could understand the added time.

As for the offside, said all along that it's the law needs to change because even if it was off, it should never be. Go by the players feet and not by who's leaning where.

There’s no need for ‘benefit of the doubt’ with VAR though, is there? VAR makes offside a matter of fact. 

Of course it doesn’t in reality, but it does in terms of decision making. 

I would let the officials watch a replay or two, maybe slow motion, and they have to call it from that. No freeze frame and no lines. If they want they can say “too close to call” and the benefit goes to the attacker. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

9 minutes ago, 1964 said:

It was the linesman flagging that got me. I thought they were instructed to keep the flag down and leave to VAR, I honestly don't think that gets overturned if he didn't flag 

Was thinking this earlier. How many times do you see the flag stay down for a long time, only for it THEN to be raised?

They couldn't raise it quick enough and move the game on ASAP.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Thought we definitely took the pee a bit with restarts and the cramps so could understand the added time.

As for the offside, said all along that it's the law needs to change because even if it was off, it should never be. Go by the players feet and not by who's leaning where.

We did slow the game a bit at times (what underdog who is winning/gaining a point doesn't), however, I just can't see how he can apply an extra 3 mins to a extra 5 minutes I do not know, like many have said if he uses the same criteria for the whole game then there would be 20 mins added on.  

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think the refs need a tiny bit of leeway so they can give everyone's favourite clubs the benefit of the doubt. Can't see a change in law any time soon tbh.

1 hour ago, Tisd09 said:

We did slow the game a bit at times (what underdog who is winning/gaining a point doesn't), however, I just can't see how he can apply an extra 3 mins to a extra 5 minutes I do not know, like many have said if he uses the same criteria for the whole game then there would be 20 mins added on.  

I think the average in time play is a little over 60mins, I don't ever recall seeing 30mins added time. It's the fact the ref can essentially do what the fuck he wants and add time however he feels is appropriate to suit his agenda. Liverpool go on about our time wasting it's took Henderson about 5 mins to come off the field.

2 hours ago, 1964 said:

It was the linesman flagging that got me. I thought they were instructed to keep the flag down and leave to VAR, I honestly don't think that gets overturned if he didn't flag 

He did leave the flag up, then raised it when the play stopped, that's correct.

11 hours ago, Bimpy474 said:

He went down with cramp, you don't have to stop the game for that. 

Ball was out of play though, don't think I've ever seen a ref allow the other team to restart the game while a player is down with cramp before. 

7 minutes ago, pubteam said:

I think the average in time play is a little over 60mins, I don't ever recall seeing 30mins added time. It's the fact the ref can essentially do what the fuck he wants and add time however he feels is appropriate to suit his agenda. Liverpool go on about our time wasting it's took Henderson about 5 mins to come off the field.

Scousers complaining about Pope time wasting in the first half (he received treatment for what looked like a migraine) and second half extra time (he was winded after landing on his back) yet there's absolutely no mention of that twat taking all the time he liked to come off. We tried taking the tempo out of their game and frustrating them at times, but the reaction from that lot is well over the top.