Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

1 hour ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

Was a red card all day, Schar fell for it hook line and sinker, lets be honest if the roles were reversed and Diaz got pushed then reacted like Fabian did, everyone would be calling for a red card

You can still be sent off even if not contact is made. (E.g you can take a swing at someone and they swerve it)

From IFAB site,

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

Here we go again. How does Schar get a red for headbutt, but not Diaz?

Edited by Erikse

If you think he was attempting to use excessive force there then you're a lunatic, frankly :lol:

There'd be a fair argument if Schar had actually headbutted him super lightly and Diaz had gone down in an OTT way.

But that's not even what happened.

2 hours ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

Was a red card all day, Schar fell for it hook line and sinker, lets be honest if the roles were reversed and Diaz got pushed then reacted like Fabian did, everyone would be calling for a red card

You can still be sent off even if not contact is made. (E.g you can take a swing at someone and they swerve it)

From IFAB site,

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

Well, this post has convinced me Brereton should have been sent off and Schar shouldn't.

I can guarantee I'd be totally ashamed if the roles were reversed and someone like Gordon did that out of the blue.

2 hours ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

From IFAB site,

I don’t think Schar meets that definition at all. He wasn’t using or attempting to use excessive force or brutality. 

Both players were at fault and should've received the same punishment IMO. Straight red for Schar was fair; Diaz should've had two yellows - one for the barge and another for the playacting. 

I’ve seen some shite officiating over the years, but that was definitely up there yesterday. Just woeful for the entire game. No consistency. No controlling the game. Picky at times. Not picky at others. Random cards being shown but not at other times. Pulling back play when he should let it go and see how it pans out. And I haven’t even mentioned the sending off. Just fucking shit entirely. 

28 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Both players were at fault and should've received the same punishment IMO. Straight red for Schar was fair; Diaz should've had two yellows - one for the barge and another for the playacting. 

Of course it wasn’t fair man, don’t get this at all. 

it really annoys me that BD won't get punished for his conduct, outright cheating 

if he keeps that behaviour up other teams will surely be out to get him 

2 hours ago, Erikse said:

Here we go again. How does Schar get a red for headbutt, but not Diaz?

I said that at the time, he went in on Schar. How VAR has looked at it and kept it the same is unbelievable. 

I dont think the ref deserves to much criticism for the red card incident. Schär walks towards him with a tilted head and the ref looks at it from as distance, impossible for him to see how soft it was and that it was actually Diaz that initiated the final contact.

VAR obviously could have overturned it, but they have been told to intervene less(lets see how that turns out in practice when a cartel club get a wrong decision against them). After looking at the replays I do think the red card was wrong, but maybe not obviously wrong. It was a stupid involvement by Schär.

2 minutes ago, Displayname said:

I dont think the ref deserves to much criticism for the red card incident. Schär walks towards him with a tilted head and the ref looks at it from as distance, impossible for him to see how soft it was and that it was actually Diaz that initiated the final contact.

VAR obviously could have overturned it, but they have been told to intervene less(lets see how that turns out in practice when a cartel club get a wrong decision against them). After looking at the replays I do think the red card was wrong, but maybe not obviously wrong. It was a stupid involvement by Schär.

So you're saying the ref didn't see it properly, just made something up in his head as to what might have happened, shown Schar a red, and deserves no criticism? 

8 minutes ago, Cf said:

So you're saying the ref didn't see it properly, just made something up in his head as to what might have happened, shown Schar a red, and deserves no criticism? 

Im saying it probably looked bad from his viewpoint. If it looked like it was a red to him, it wouldnt be right to give a yellow either just because he didnt have access to replays/multi-angle/slow motion so that he could see the situation "properly". 

Edited by Displayname

18 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I never comment or pay attention to referees but I think that was one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen. 

I never fucking stop commenting and paying attention to the fucking cunts and I agree.

16 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Im saying it probably looked bad from his viewpoint. If it looked like it was a red to him, it wouldnt be right to give a yellow either just because he didnt have access to replays/multi-angle/slow motion so that he could see the situation "properly". 

Pretty sure one of the replays showed Pawson having a clear, unobstructed view of the whole incident.

8 minutes ago, smootsmack said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/c1ep6199l2eo

Two defenders initiating contact and diving to the ground to prevent a direct free kick [emoji38]

If only there was a 5th official watching on tv somewhere who could help out the ref with things like this...

VAR couldn't intervene. The ref blew his whistle before the ball struck the back of the net. 

Was just a mistake by the ref in his first game which he has admitted. 

One of those that in some ways is easier to stomach. 

Dermot Gallagher on SSN is a disgrace.

He’s saying Schars is a red, Diaz for the same offence isn’t. Going all around the houses to justify why one is, and the other isn’t.

He then says the throat hold in the Arsenal game isn’t a red card.

What is the fucking point in him being on this show.

Might as well have a little banner as every decision is made in each game saying ‘Dermot Gallagher approves of the referees decision’.

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Thank you for being shite

:lol: We'll see how quickly both of these decisions are forgotten about whenever we get a dodgy decision in November.

Two wrong decisions.