Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

It's the inconsistencies between, referees, clubs and grounds that's doing my head in atm. Hooper started ok today letting the game flow and waving away soft/low contact tackles - which is fine by me. He kept his card in his pocket - again, fine but for the last 20 mins OF THE SAME GAME he's then giving slight contact fouls and handing out cards like it's going out of fashion. That fat cunt today couldn't even be consistent for 90 minutes. I'm not saying he was cheating or favouring Leeds but you just don't know what's going to happen from one minute to the next. His standards and interpretations dropped massively and for me that's the epitome of a shit, incompetent referee. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

It's the inconsistencies between, referees, clubs and grounds that's doing my head in atm. Hooper started ok today letting the game flow and waving away soft/low contact tackles - which is fine by me. He kept his card in his pocket - again, fine but for the last 20 mins OF THE SAME GAME he's then giving slight contact fouls and handing out cards like it's going out of fashion. That fat cunt today couldn't even be consistent for 90 minutes. I'm not saying he was cheating or favouring Leeds but you just don't know what's going to happen from one minute to the next. His standards and interpretations dropped massively and for me that's the epitome of a shit, incompetent referee. 

The inconsistency is what did my head in, Bruno getting carded for simulation but Harrison diving in the box gets nothing, handball in the box deserving a second yellow, but not given, studs up challenge that should've been a straight through red given only a yellow, instead he gave more cards out for walking off the field slowly then for fouls. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

My main gripe is that Firpo wasn't sent off for the pen and their 'keeper didn't get a second yellow for trying to put off Wilson. Both poor non-decisions, especially the Firpo one.

Exactly this, it was negligent tbh absolutely blatant stonewall decisions. 

1 minute ago, wiseman said:

The inconsistency is what did my head in, Bruno getting carded for simulation but Harrison diving in the box gets nothing, handball in the box deserving a second yellow, but not given, studs up challenge that should've been a straight through red given only a yellow, instead he gave more cards out for walking off the field slowly then for fouls. 

I didn’t even think that was a dive personally. 

We've had at least 3, probably 4* players booked for diving this season now.

No complaints for any of them, but it would be great if the same rule could be applied to the opposition given that every time a player dives against us they just get a telling off or wag of the finger/hands on hips.

* I'm adding Miggy in here on the law of probabilities.

Hooper was awful today. Inconsistent with his decisions throughout and generally clueless. He was helped by two teams that played hard but fair and largely got on with it. If that had been like Arsenal last week rolling over crying at every tackle he would have lost control.

Their keeper called his bluff in the penalty situation and of course he backed down making himself look like the massive tit he is.

4 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

We've had at least 3, probably 4* players booked for diving this season now.

No complaints for any of them, but it would be great if the same rule could be applied to the opposition given that every time a player dives against us they just get a telling off or wag of the finger/hands on hips.

* I'm adding Miggy in here on the law of probabilities.

Couldn't help but laugh today when after at least 15 deliberate fouls the first yellow was for a dive.

55 minutes ago, madras said:

Couldn't help but laugh today when after at least 15 deliberate fouls the first yellow was for a dive.

Said exactly the same.

That cunt who eventually got sent off should have really been on his 3rd or 4th yellow :lol:

Shit show today... again. 

I’d say probably the majority of free kicks are players going down much too easily in order to win a foul. The line between that and diving is almost impossible to draw. 

It’s really weird when you suddenly see a yellow for diving when there have probably been 5+ dives earlier in the same game. 

Head of PGMOL Howard Webb is going to be a special guest on Monday night football tomorrow night at 18.30pm. Definitely worth tuning in for that as they are going to go through controversial VAR decisions and are also going to play actual audio conversation between the referees from some of the dodgy decisions they've made. Looking forward to it 👍

12 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Head of PGMOL Howard Webb is going to be a special guest on Monday night football tomorrow night at 18.30pm. Definitely worth tuning in for that as they are going to go through controversial VAR decisions and are also going to play actual audio conversation between the referees from some of the dodgy decisions they've made. Looking forward to it 👍

Hope he's sticking around afterwards to explain the latest soft Liverpool pen/decision they'll inevitably get against Leicester.

hope Eddie emailed in with a question for webb.

our  quest for top 4 has been dealt a severe blow by that horrendous challenge on longstaff.

would have been a yellow or even a red anywhere else on the pitch.

but because its in the box and he gets a shot off first - its not even a foul

thick cunts.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

hope Eddie emailed in with a question for webb.

our  quest for top 4 has been dealt a severe blow by that horrendous challenge on longstaff.

would have been a yellow or even a red anywhere else on the pitch.

but because its in the box and he gets a shot off first - its not even a foul

thick cunts.

There very been a few occasions this season when the foul has been given regardless of getting the shot off. Strangely enough both time it's been us it's been played on 

Edited by madras

Nice of Webb to come on and explain a selection of pre-ratified VAR calls where it's shown to work. Shame he didn't cover any of the absolute fucking bungles that have gone against us and others this season.

On 14/05/2023 at 16:10, Pilko said:

Hope he's sticking around afterwards to explain the latest soft Liverpool pen/decision they'll inevitably get against Leicester.

And there it is, Jones clearly offside but the lines drawn on to give the goal. It's almost as if it's totally fucking predictable.