Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Miggy's was 100% a pen like. I'd say they get rightly given 80% of the time

Looked like a pen to me too, but they didn't even review it, right? That's what the commentator said anyway.

2 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

Looked like a pen to me too, but they didn't even review it, right? That's what the commentator said anyway.

Yeah, they didn't even review it. I lean towards what The Prophet said about it being one of those ones VAR doesn't overturn either way, but I think that's very close to clear and obvious error territory for me. 

If you slide in then pull out once you've realised you've fucked up it's still a penalty if the attacker is impeded. It's a shite, soft penalty to give away out of nowhere, and Schar made sure of the contact, but it was a clear foul.

The same with the Gordon penalty a little while back, if you're late to the ball it's a foul.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

I'm really trying to remove any bias but I honestly don't see how that penalty call was so contentious. It's unlucky and Schar buys it, certainly, and it's disproportionate that an infringement like that leads to such a major scoring chance; but Schar capitalises on the Wolves player really fucking about. Hwang doesn't receive it cleanly and, relatively speaking, takes an age to manoeuvre himself into making a clearance. Schar pinches the ball and takes a kicking. Soft, lucky, borderline probably, but it's hardly up there with some of the true scandals of the VAR age. 

11 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If you slide in then pull out once you've realised you've fucked up it's still a penalty if the attacker is impeded. It's a shite, soft penalty to give away out of nowhere, and Schar made sure of the contact, but it was a clear foul.

The same with the Gordon penalty a little while back, if you're late to the ball it's a foul.

Sliding in and pulling out when you've fucked up can also lead to unwanted kids. Best to use protection to be safe! 🤣

12 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Lascelles was massively lucky though, his pull back was borderline and I doubt it would have been overturned if it was given. Taylor was shite in general though and Wolves broke 3-4 times after clear fouls.

I've no idea how that wasn't a straight red, I'd have been furious if the situation was reversed.

23 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Yeah I don’t understand the incredulity of people about it. They applied the rules correctly in that it wasn’t a clear and obvious error. If the ref hadn't given the pen we wouldn’t have got it on VAR but since he did and it wasn’t super clear either way it stood. Thankless task for the refs, they applied their guidance correctly but still get pelters. 

There’s impact with Schar’s shin, he feels it and holds his shin where the impact was. Might have been soft but that’s never getting overturned. 

Lascelles was a yellow, it wasn’t a goal scoring opportunity. 

Little was said about the clear shirt pull from the neck of the shirt, impeding a header 6 yards out, which was dismissed as no more than “they don’t get given these days”.

15 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I mean Lascelles pulling that lanky cunt back in the box. I missed the replay but he looked all over him, and clearly stopped him from getting involved in play.

Oh that, getting touch tight, now those don’t get given. 

Not seen match of the day but was much made of that VAR decision against Burnley? The lines showed he was onside but then they changed the lines to make it offside. I mean thats a pretty big deal for me as it shows it can be manipulated. 

Imagine that was against Liverpool, it would have been front page news in my opinion but its Burnley so swept under the carpet 

3 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Not seen match of the day but was much made of that VAR decision against Burnley? The lines showed he was onside but then they changed the lines to make it offside. I mean thats a pretty big deal for me as it shows it can be manipulated. 

Imagine that was against Liverpool, it would have been front page news in my opinion but its Burnley so swept under the carpet 

Having seen the offside technology used in the World Cup & in the Champion's League, it beggars beliefs that it hasn't been adopted in the Premiership as well.  So much simpler and doesn't require some gimp using an actual ruler to draw lines.

15 minutes ago, ikri said:

Having seen the offside technology used in the World Cup & in the Champion's League, it beggars beliefs that it hasn't been adopted in the Premiership as well.  So much simpler and doesn't require some gimp using an actual ruler to draw lines.

And it must be quicker which seems to be the main criticism of whatever they're doing now

9 minutes ago, Cf said:

I missed the city one live. Did VAR stop play for that? That's nowhere near the supposed clear and obvious threshold is it?

Yeah, VAR referral. Onfield decision should have stood. I’d be livid if that had been given against us.