Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Wonder how he linked up with Ryan Taylor; Simpson was only on the pitch for about five minutes after Shola came on and we changed things around. Hopefully someone at the game can shed some light on it.

It was canny. Ben Arfa was doing most of the talking which surprised me, it was right in front of where i was sitting.

I went and  my assessment :

No.10 position - quiet with the odd flash of skill

Right wing- Fap-worthy, was on the ball a lot more, absolutely fantastic goal, if Messi scored it , it would go viral. Some great crosses and some good link-up play with Raylor.

His corners were good too apart from the one where he tried to score from it :lol:

:lol:

I will take the blame for that screaming "shoot Benny shoot" when he came over to take the corner

:D

Im putting it down to him switching back to his old boots from the everton game last season :) 

Nar it was about time he was given a chance on the wing. Many of us have been saying it for yonks. He just has far more time on the ball and less players to beat(not that it matters :)) and if he loses it, its less damaging out wide. Not as if Obertan never loses the ball anyway.

Guest ykmkmdd

Nar it was about time he was given a chance on the wing. Many of us have been saying it for yonks. He just has far more time on the ball and less players to beat(not that it matters :)) and if he loses it, its less damaging out wide. Not as if Obertan never loses the ball anyway.

Seems so obvious when put like that - really hope Pardew is prepared to admit it.

Really not sure how this number 10 idea came about, for someone who clearly loves running at defenders and dribbling past them. The ideal place for him to do this is out wide where he has more space. Hope a change is made regarding this thinking.

Obertan on the other hand seemingly looks to play the short pass and link up play way too much for a winger, and doesn't seem to want to run at people enough. If anything it's probably worth playing Obertan as a striker again, similar to his first couple of games, to see how it looks, and keep Ben Arfa out wide. Obertan's pace from the through ball from the middle might actually be more useful then.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Pardew said it's the best goal he's ever seen, what channels the highlights on tonight ?

10.45pm, ITV.

Cheers, bit of a micky mouse channel for football ITV like, probably be on last

He scored from the wing? Thought he was a CAM?

Fuck off.

Best goal I've ever seen.

Scored from the wing, where he belongs.

Yes.

Just saying enjoy it, don't shit stir as usual.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Pardew just called his goal "the best goal I've ever seen".  Christ :lol:

The stature of this goal is just building, will be gutted if it isn't especially remarkable now. :lol:

Your right mate, a remember all the hype with Pancrates goal in the championship, they made it sound better on the radio etc, still a decent goal a suppose

So basically fuck Obertan on the right and just use Barfa instead.

Personally i'd only ever use Obertan as an impact sub, upfront behind a main striker where his pace, little flicks and tricks could be more effective.