Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Quality moment for the goal. Shame we couldn't get him on the ball in the final third more but  it was no fault of his as arsenal were just all over us.  Just needs a run of games now until the end of the season. Looked shattered towards the end.

Arsenal away is not a game where Hatem is going to tear it up. He always has that moment of quality in him and he came good for us tonight in that respect. The other stuff doesn't matter so much as without Hatem tonight it is unlikely that we would have got a goal.

He now has to step up on Sunday. It's against teams like Norwich, no disrespect to them, at home that he should be the main man. Just look what he did to Richardson in that second half. If he can start doing that on a regular basis then we have some player on our hands.

Hatem's got that ability but his workrate today was spot on, and I couldn't have asked for more effort from him. We know he's got that quality that can undo any team.

I f***ing hate Pardew man. :lol: His workrate ffs. Argh. Go buy Kuyt this summer, you moron. :lol:

There is a point where making flair players work back becomes counter-productive. Closing down high up the pitch is the defensive work required for a player of Ben Arfas ilk for me.

Hatem's got that ability but his workrate today was spot on, and I couldn't have asked for more effort from him. We know he's got that quality that can undo any team.

I f***ing hate Pardew man. :lol: His workrate ffs. Argh. Go buy Kuyt this summer, you moron. :lol:

Any excuse to have a go.

Any excuse to have a go.

That is a tenuous one.

There is a point where making flair players work back becomes counter-productive. Closing down high up the pitch is the defensive work required for a player of Ben Arfas ilk for me.

It's more than counter-productive, it's infuriating. What a waste of his abilities/energy running after the ball outside our area like some no-talent hack with a set of lungs and no brain. Fucking infuriating.

Last time he said that the goal he scored was godlike and did a 'triffic job. Then Benched him. If I have to see obertan on the wing against Norwich I will smash something.

If it's not your own excrement then I ain't interested.

Cannot make any promises there. Most likely it will involve me pulling my hair and screaming whilst almost crying "oh god why".

It's more than counter-productive, it's infuriating. What a waste of his abilities/energy running after the ball outside our area like some no-talent hack with a set of lungs and no brain. f***ing infuriating.

:thup:

I suppose there's a line between workrate and saving some of  your energy and running for actually attacking the other team. See: Jonas.

EDIT: what they said ^ ^ ^

The main thing that bothers me about his 'workrate' is that when he's running towards players to close them down his arms do this weird thing of being horizontally out yet sort-of windmilling. It's almost as if he's swimming towards opponents. Like when you wade into the sea and are between walking and swimming and use your arms to keep your upper body moving forwards.

:dontknow:

Guest neesy111

It's more than counter-productive, it's infuriating. What a waste of his abilities/energy running after the ball outside our area like some no-talent hack with a set of lungs and no brain. Fucking infuriating.

This.  I want our best attacking players strutting their stuff in the final 3rd, if they can't then little point in having them on the pitch and just put on some grafters instead.

Cant believe how easy it was to go past him.

That should always be the major concern about playing a no 10 who scores goals out of nowhere I agree.

That was sarcasm btw for the odd few who may not be quite sure.

He reminds me of me when trying to defend, clearly tries but just doesn't know how to go about it and consequently gets skinned for fun. :lol: Shame that about 80% of his touches came in our half cos he's a total lad on the attack.

He reminds me of me when trying to defend, clearly tries but just doesn't know how to go about it and consequently gets skinned for fun. :lol: Shame that about 80% of his touches came in our half cos he's a total lad on the attack.

:serious:

No idea what that celebration was but for the first time he properly looked like one of the lads and happy to be a newcastle player. Maybe good sign for those who think he is off in the summer?

No idea what that celebration was but for the first time he properly looked like one of the lads and happy to be a newcastle player. Maybe good sign for those who think he is off in the summer?

Aye, really nice moment :thup: Hopefully see more of it.

:serious:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/195769_203759396318084_2062859_n.jpg

Guest neesy111

Take away Hatem, who more of a wide, wide forward and it's 8 from 7? :lol:

6 from 7 from open play.  (Taking away 2 of Cabaye's free-kicks).