Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

He has every right to f*** us off and put a transfer request in.

He should show some loyalty after how we looked after him during his injury tbh, if he does start pissing about and moaning then tell him to put a transfer request in.

To be fair, if he's not considered first team material, not many players of his standard would hang around indefinitely. I'm sure if Pardew's told him he's going to be involved more heavily in the near future he'll be happy to bide his time. It depends on whether he fits into Pardew's plans at the end of the day so it's not HBA's decision if he has a future here.

Guest hatem garrincha

HBA please against Wolves. Ben Arfa's fan or not, it just makes sense.

Will be certain to start imo. I really think that with Cabaye and Tiote back, Pardew will be able to put more trust in Ben Arfa. The movement in midfield will be there and will be something Ben Arfa will thrive on imo.

Not so certain after Pardew's comments about his "three key" midfielders missing against Spurs, including Ryan Taylor.

If Raylor fit, he'll start in place of Obertan.

Jonas being undroppable in Pardew's eyes and 4-4-2 being his preferential system, I don't think he will start.

HBA please against Wolves. Ben Arfa's fan or not, it just makes sense.

Will be certain to start imo. I really think that with Cabaye and Tiote back, Pardew will be able to put more trust in Ben Arfa. The movement in midfield will be there and will be something Ben Arfa will thrive on imo.

I admire your optimism but I can see Ryan Taylor (if fit), Obertan or even a midfield three with Guthrie, Cabaye and Tiote starting with Jonas playing a more attacking role.

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part but I really think Pardew wants to play Ben Arfa in the team. Of course, there have been instances when this has probably not been the case but imho, Hatem is definitely in Pardew's long term plans....

(The ProZone s**** is probably the main factor in Ben Arfa not being selected actually :undecided:)

Embarrassing treatment from Pardew. Not only behind Ryan Taylor (even out of position tbh) and Obertan, but he can't even be shown the decency by at least entering the pitch before players like Gosling, Ferguson and Løvenkrands. I'm not having the "It wouldn't matter anyway", because that might be the truth but it's a question of common sense and respect. Additionally the game was already lost long before half time, so why not give it a go and perhaps get a decent looking loss. Worst case scenario would send us home with 6 or 7, and what fucking difference would that have made?

Not starting vs Wolves (which is likely), and he's off in the summer. This is just a joke now. An utter joke.

Guest mimifrench

Pardew is absolutely right with his choice of not making HBA play, he's the coach and if he thinks the team is better without him in it, that surely must be true  then... He's the only who can see him in training after all.

Only problem I see is that in the last 2 games Ben arfa haven't played any minute, so what's the point here?

How can he get fit after? And considering there is a break now, that means he hasn't/won't play during almost 1 month!

From my point of view, Pardew could at least put him with the reserve... Don't you think so?

Needless to say that the Euro 2012 has already to be forgotten for HBA, hope for him he has forgotten it anyway...

I've got huge concerns about Pardew long-term if he can't integrate a player like Ben Arfa into the side.

Or doesn't even seem to want to try.

He did try initially but the problem is fitting Ben Arfa into a team which plays the Pardew way. I'm still not sure what the Pardew way of playing is, maybe we'll have a better idea when Tiote and Cabaye are back. Although I doubt Ben Arfa will be part of that set up either.

Problem is, Hatem is playing catch up in his career. He'll want things to happen now, not be in someone's "long term plans".

True, but think he will stay for at least another season (one where he's essentially injury-free). He's not going anywhere this summer or next January. Think Ben Arfa's still motivated enough to try and prove himself to Pardew/in the PL.

Guest firetotheworks

I've got huge concerns about Pardew long-term if he can't integrate a player like Ben Arfa into the side.

Absolutely.

Problem is, Hatem is playing catch up in his career. He'll want things to happen now, not be in someone's "long term plans".

True, but think he will stay for at least another season (one where he's essentially injury-free). He's not going anywhere this summer or next January. Think Ben Arfa's still motivated enough to try and prove himself to Pardew/in the PL.

Wishful thinking IMO. He probably feels he still owes us after his injury and I know that he's frequently said that he's a more mature character these days but if the rest of the season is like this I think he'll put in a transfer request in the summer. The only thing that would affect that would be us finishing 4th which is very unlikely.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He's had no faith at all instilled in him but too much to the likes of Raylor and Obertan. He has never had an opportunity to build match fitness or given a run of games. He won't get on much until the end of the season so I agree that we'll be lucky to keep hold of him.

Wishful thinking IMO. He probably feels he still owes us after his injury and I know that he's frequently said that he's a more mature character these days but if the rest of the season is like this I think he'll put in a transfer request in the summer. The only thing that would affect that would be us finishing 4th which is very unlikely.

If things do continue as they are (as in Ben Arfa is still not being selected even if all our big guns (the likes of Cabaye/Tiote) are fit and ready), then I'll probably change my view but as it stands, I'm still not too worried as such.

The only way he'll still be here next season is if he's starting fairly regularly by the end of this one. Players of his self belief don't spend more than one season warming the bench. That doesn't just apply to Ben Arfa but any player with ambition to play at the top.

The only way he'll still be here next season is if he's starting fairly regularly by the end of this one. Players of his self belief don't spend more than one season warming the bench. That doesn't just apply to Ben Arfa but any player with ambition to play at the top.

As it stands, I honestly think he'll get his proper chance (a run of games in the side) between now and the rest of the season (especially with Tiote and Cabaye back). If not, then I'll probably change my view like I've said above.

I hate the fact that whenever I watch him play now whenever he loses the ball I think about Pardew not persisting with him because of it.

Just let him go out there and express himself.

Keegan or Robson would make this lad feel like he's the best player in the league, and that faith in him would be repayed on the pitch.

I still maintain Pardew's not deliberately leaving him out, but rather not 'managing' him at all because he doesn't know how to handle such a player - like was the case with Tevez when he was at West Ham. He doesn't know what to do with players like HBA so pushes him out until he has no choice but to play him.

Just needs to grow a pair and throw him in. If he gets a few good games under his belt then Pardew will leave him in the side IMO.

Guest mimifrench

Just the wrong manager for the player.

No, you can't say that this time, sorry.

All his life/career, his fans or people always have advanced this excuse to explain why he didn't play, even me tbh.

Now, he too has to put himself into question.

Guest hatem garrincha

I still maintain Pardew's not deliberately leaving him out, but rather not 'managing' him at all because he doesn't know how to handle such a player - like was the case with Tevez when he was at West Ham. He doesn't know what to do with players like HBA so pushes him out until he has no choice but to play him.

Just needs to grow a pair and throw him in. If he gets a few good games under his belt then Pardew will leave him in the side IMO.

Really agree with that part.