Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Just the wrong manager for the player.

No, you can't say that this time, sorry.

All his life/career, his fans or people always have advanced this excuse to explain why he didn't play, even me tbh.

Now, he too has to put himself into question.

Did you say when he was at Marseille that Deschamps was quite a conservative manager too?

Guest mimifrench

All his life/career, his fans or people always have advanced this excuse to explain why he didn't play, even me tbh.

Did you say when he was at Marseille that Deschamps was quite a conservative manager too?

Yes, I said it and it was true...

But now, I don't really know how to explain the fact that the coach doesn't (obviously) want to make him play...

And Pardew doesn't give too many explanations too, which clearly doesn't help.

Guest hatem garrincha

With Hatem, Deschamps ended up eating his hat and was desperate to retain him at Marseille (mainly after HBA's game against Norway)

EDIT : I think also Hatem is a different man today in term of attitude than at that time.

I hate the fact that whenever I watch him play now whenever he loses the ball I think about Pardew not persisting with him because of it.

Just let him go out there and express himself.

Keegan or Robson would make this lad feel like he's the best player in the league, and that faith in him would be repayed on the pitch.

You're spot on with that, pity our manager seems to be so limited in his game plan which revolves around graft more than anything else.

Love Ben Arfa but to get the best out of him believe we need to play 4 3 3 with him, Ba and Cisse as an interchangeable front three, A bit like Chelsea in the Mourinho days with Drogba, Anelka and Malouda/Kalou/Robben. However even though Tiote and Cabaye are perfect for a midfield tiangle we dont have the full backs and another quality centre midfielder up to the job. I will give the benefit of the doubt to Santon who may be the real deal in his second season but Simpson will never get there. Add another Cabaye type signing to play along side him in midfield, just in front of Tiote, and a top quality wing back to play right and I honestly think our first 11 are more than a match for any team. Obviously I mean when Saylor is fit

Love Ben Arfa but to get the best out of him believe we need to play 4 3 3 with him, Ba and Cisse as an interchangeable front three, A bit like Chelsea in the Mourinho days with Drogba, Anelka and Malouda/Kalou/Robben. However even though Tiote and Cabaye are perfect for a midfield tiangle we dont have the full backs and another quality centre midfielder up to the job. I will give the benefit of the doubt to Santon who may be the real deal in his second season but Simpson will never get there. Add another Cabaye type signing to play along side him in midfield, just in front of Tiote, and a top quality wing back to play right and I honestly think our first 11 are more than a match for any team. Obviously I mean when Saylor is fit

Guthrie can more than good do that job in a three man midfield. However, we need a new rightback and central defender. But I agree with what youve said and Ive been hoping Pardew would change to that. Would give us a free flowing attacking team with a packed midfield with quality on the ball as wella s winning it back. We would be prone to counter attacks and so on, but I believe we would retain the ball so much better.

Guest hatem garrincha

Needless to say that the Euro 2012 has already to be forgotten for HBA, hope for him he has forgotten it anyway...

No reason he has to forget it yet. In fact, I'm pretty sure he'll make it, France sorely lacking that kind of player.

Guest mimifrench

Needless to say that the Euro 2012 has already to be forgotten for HBA, hope for him he has forgotten it anyway...

No reason he has to forget it yet. In fact, I'm pretty sure he'll make it, France sorely lacking that kind of player.

Are you serious? If the situation keeps being like that, that's sure he won't be there. That's impossible, it's not because Blanc likes him that he'll make it.

Hope he'll make it though, but has to play regularly for it.

Guest hatem garrincha

<<L'Equipe>> correspondent in London, Bruno Constant, on his twitter : "I still don't understand how Pardew and McLeish can play without Ben Arfa and N'Zogbia"

Guest hatem garrincha

Are you serious? If the situation keeps being like that, that's sure he won't be there. That's impossible, it's not because Blanc likes him that he'll make it.

You don't know about the situation by the end of  the season. That's a big motivation for him, so I don't think he has to forget the Euro.

I personnaly think his talent will make the difference anf force Pardew to play him.

EDIT : the announcement of the french squad against Germany will be a first indication. If Blanc calls him, even if he didn't play the last two games, that'll show how he relies on him.

Guest mimifrench

You don't know about the situation by the end of  the season. That's a big motivation for him, so I don't think he has to forget the Euro.

I personnaly think his talent will make the difference anf force Pardew to play him.

Of course I hope so for him. What I meant is that there is a huge gap between what he wants and the reality. Of course he wants to be part of the Euro, more than anything (as he wasn't part of Euro 2008 and the WC 2010), but he has to play in his club! No other solutions.

Hope he'll force Pardew, by his talent, to play him but have doubts of Pardew's motivations with him...

Bruno Constant again : "Met Ben Arfa yesterday night, he's not anxious, just waiting his time to come'

Good news, I hope Pardew is managing him better behind the scenes than it sometime seems from random quotes.

Very good news. As long as he's patient, we know he has the talent to become a regular and very important player for us. Pardew has to realise there is a role for him. Hopefully this will happen with Cabaye and Tioté back. Wolves will be interesting. Him in a free role and a decent full back behind him could be brilliant.

hba and obertan are both shit at wining the ball back, and their work rate are less than impressive.

HBA biggest problem is learning when to pass,

yes Hatem we know you are skillful, we know you are great at dribbling and also passing, but stop hogging the damn ball, 

the most irritating thing about Hatem is that he knows how to play a great pass, he even spots the runners but the problem is he doesnt want to pass to them.

how many times have we seen him skip past opposition players and then there are one or two of his team mates killing themselves to make that run for his pass and the pass never comes.  because he's too busy trying to look good and impress the crowd,  and before he knows it he has two or even three defenders around his ankles and he loses the ball.

want to impress us Hatem, be a team-player, pass the fucking ball!  :fool: