Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

depends on the available players, the tactics and the opposition. i definately don't think ben arfa should automatically start on friday, he was decent against citeh, but completely abscent against man u and chelsea where we created about 2 chances in 180 minutes. away against liverpool, it may be better to start best or shola and play more direct with ba feeding off the knockdowns, which has worked quite well in the past. personally i'd start shola.

Ben Arfa won the penalty against Man U.  :lol:

well apart from that he was completely abscent...

Played a great ball through which led to Ba having a shot

(absent)

Huge deflection. O0

Anyway, he played quite well against City and Man U.

MO'N reckons that's not lucky. Only saw it live, didn't realise tbf. I actually thought he did OK against ManU, it was noticeable that they'd picked him out as the dangerman and doubled up on him whenever the ball went near him. Great run for the pen too even if the decision was incorrect.

Great tekkers on the finish today anyroad. Lovely to see. Goal and an assist in his last 45 or so minutes of football.

Guest optimistic nit

(absent)

dont remember that. anyway my point was that given that against liverpool we are unlikely to see much possession the presence of someone who can win balls in the air (which neither ba or ben arfa are brilliant at) may be more useful.

(absent)

dont remember that. anyway my point was that given that against liverpool we are unlikely to see much possession the presence of someone who can win balls in the air (which neither ba or ben arfa are brilliant at) may be more useful.

Why not, have Adam and Henderson suddenly turned into better midfielders than Cabaye and Tiote?

(absent)

How does that work? Do you get 2 minutes possession for every header you strikers win? Alternatively, we could also try and play some proper football on the deck and keep possession that way. Who knows, it may even lead to some attacking football..

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

(absent)

Aye, that's proven to work.

Guest optimistic nit

(absent)

How does that work? Do you get 2 minutes possession for every header you strikers win? Alternatively, we could also try and play some proper football on the deck and keep possession that way. Who knows, it may even lead to some attacking football..

no, but when the ball is cleared upfield away from our box, which happens a gazillion times when ever we play a top 6 side, it means we aren't just automatically giving the ball back to the opposition centrebacks while we stay camped in our own half. personally once shola came on against chelsea i thought we were much better, because we had someone who could win headers and hold up possession, which is important when you are not as technically good as the other side. Maybe Hatem will start on friday and maybe it will be the right decision, however if he doesn't we shouldn't go ballistic, because unless we have the ability to keep the ball for a significant time at anfield, which our last 6 games suggest we dont, Ben Arfa's contributions will be limited.

(absent)

Well that's us fucked. We've got no one who pulls up trees in that position. We may as well wave the white flag now  :idiot2:

Start HBA, lets knack the racist pricks at their own game. He's a better option than anyone else we've got (bar Ba, obviously). Play the eleven on the pitch, not the name.

Who is going to win the balls in the air?

(absent)

no, but when the ball is cleared upfield away from our box, which happens a gazillion times when ever we play a top 6 side, it means we aren't just automatically giving the ball back to the opposition centrebacks while we stay camped in our own half. personally once shola came on against chelsea i thought we were much better, because we had someone who could win headers and hold up possession, which is important when you are not as technically good as the other side. Maybe Hatem will start on friday and maybe it will be the right decision, however if he doesn't we shouldn't go ballistic, because unless we have the ability to keep the ball for a significant time at anfield, which our last 6 games suggest we dont, Ben Arfa's contributions will be limited.

I don't see why we couldn't have the ball for a significant time at Anfield. Their midfield is not much better than ours, hell their entire team is not much better than ours.. We need to just be positive and play to our own strengths. They're not Barcelona ffs.. However, saying that, we seem to have adopted our "tactics" to much poorer opposition recently, so I'm afraid Pardew is going to go along with your line of thinking.. I just can't see Best or Shola getting much joy against their centre backs however, and even if they do win the occasional header, there is no telling where it will go..

Guest optimistic nit

(absent)

Well that's us fucked. We've got no one who pulls up trees in that position. We may as well wave the white flag now  :idiot2:

Start HBA, lets knack the racist pricks at their own game. He's a better option than anyone else we've got (bar Ba, obviously). Play the eleven on the pitch, not the name.

(absent)

for the love of god i'm only suggesting we may be better off starting a more physical centre forward alongside Ba against a team who, are at home and a better side (regardless of what some of you think about some of their players).

Guest optimistic nit

(absent)

I don't see why we couldn't have the ball for a significant time at Anfield. Their midfield is not much better than ours, hell their entire team is not much better than ours.. We need to just be positive and play to our own strengths. They're not Barcelona ffs.. However, saying that, we seem to have adopted our "tactics" to much poorer opposition recently, so I'm afraid Pardew is going to go along with your line of thinking.. I just can't see Best or Shola getting much joy against their centre backs however, and even if they do win the occasional header, there is no telling where it will go..

The mood this forum goes through week by week is unbelieveable. for the last month up until approximately 4:24 we have apparently been playing like a team that has 'forgotten to play football' yet now we've got the ability to outperform liverpool at anfield. If we are going to try and out pass liverpool then fine, start Ben Arfa, but we didn't pass the ball around well against Man U or Chelsea so i'm not getting my hopes up. Liverpools main weakness is in their finishing. their overall performances in most games have been pretty good.

Guest icemanblue

We did pass the ball around well against them, though. Much better, in fact, than our recent performances against lesser teams.

Start please! Ronaldo and fellow tools who started best ahead of him

Isn't it lovely when you can spin a negative out of a glaring positive. You must have such self-esteem.

Only one person started Best ahead of him, and it wasn't me. Nor did I ever advocate keeping him out of the starting lineup for this game, or any other I can think of.

Start please! Ronaldo and fellow tools who started best ahead of him

Isn't it lovely when you can spin a negative out of a glaring positive. You must have such self-esteem.

Only one person started Best ahead of him, and it wasn't me. Nor did I ever advocate keeping him out of the starting lineup for this game, or any other I can think of.

Pards?