Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

well apart from that he was completely abscent...

Played a great ball through which led to Ba having a shot

(absent)

dont remember that. anyway my point was that given that against liverpool we are unlikely to see much possession the presence of someone who can win balls in the air (which neither ba or ben arfa are brilliant at) may be more useful.

How does that work? Do you get 2 minutes possession for every header you strikers win? Alternatively, we could also try and play some proper football on the deck and keep possession that way. Who knows, it may even lead to some attacking football..

no, but when the ball is cleared upfield away from our box, which happens a gazillion times when ever we play a top 6 side, it means we aren't just automatically giving the ball back to the opposition centrebacks while we stay camped in our own half. personally once shola came on against chelsea i thought we were much better, because we had someone who could win headers and hold up possession, which is important when you are not as technically good as the other side. Maybe Hatem will start on friday and maybe it will be the right decision, however if he doesn't we shouldn't go ballistic, because unless we have the ability to keep the ball for a significant time at anfield, which our last 6 games suggest we dont, Ben Arfa's contributions will be limited.

I don't see why we couldn't have the ball for a significant time at Anfield. Their midfield is not much better than ours, hell their entire team is not much better than ours.. We need to just be positive and play to our own strengths. They're not Barcelona ffs.. However, saying that, we seem to have adopted our "tactics" to much poorer opposition recently, so I'm afraid Pardew is going to go along with your line of thinking.. I just can't see Best or Shola getting much joy against their centre backs however, and even if they do win the occasional header, there is no telling where it will go..

The mood this forum goes through week by week is unbelieveable. for the last month up until approximately 4:24 we have apparently been playing like a team that has 'forgotten to play football' yet now we've got the ability to outperform liverpool at anfield. If we are going to try and out pass liverpool then fine, start Ben Arfa, but we didn't pass the ball around well against Man U or Chelsea so i'm not getting my hopes up. Liverpools main weakness is in their finishing. their overall performances in most games have been pretty good.

For the last 3 games, Best/ba havent scored in open play when on the same pitch together. I dont quite understand how Pool having more possession justifies starting them again to win things in the air? If anything the more the other team has the ball, the more lethal you need to be when you actually get chances. Best/Ba did not break down Swansea, West Brom & Bolton, but you think thats the way to go against Pool as theyll be harder to play? Dont follow really.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

To the tune of 'Radio GaGa' by Queen:

All we need is, Hatem Ben Arfa

Hate

m Ben Arfa, Hatem Ben Arfa,

Howay man Pardew,

Howay man,

Someone still loves youuuuuuuuuu

Start please! Ronaldo and fellow tools who started best ahead of him

Isn't it lovely when you can spin a negative out of a glaring positive. You must have such self-esteem.

Only one person started Best ahead of him, and it wasn't me. Nor did I ever advocate keeping him out of the starting lineup for this game, or any other I can think of.

I apologise. Drunk trolling. But in all honesty you have been as vocal as Anyone with the whole "Demba isn't the same player without another striker up front" mantra.

Isn't it lovely when you can spin a negative out of a glaring positive. You must have such self-esteem.

Only one person started Best ahead of him, and it wasn't me. Nor did I ever advocate keeping him out of the starting lineup for this game, or any other I can think of.

Right just to clarify your position. I'm aware that you wanted HBA to start on the wing (as most of us would agree), but that's just not gonna happen under Pardew for whatever delusional reason he has. Now if you never advocated Best over HBA to partner Ba, then why were you incessantly banging on that Ba plays better with a striker upfront? So if its not Best as the other striker upfront, then were you advocating for Ameobi to play upfront with Ba?  :lol:

Actually you even went as far to say that we won't win if HBA plays behind Ba and that we should stick with what has been working for us early on (i.e. Best + Ba).

Personally I think you're just not willing to accept that you were wrong with Best + Ba after this supposedly superior combo drew blanks in the last 3 games against mediocre opponents. But I'll at least give you the chance to clarify your position, and try doing it without including petty personal insults, not like that's gonna happen like. And before you start, no I'm not trolling you.  :lol:

Guest hatem garrincha

For Scott Wilson, Pardew is not playing HBA because of his supposed (in Pard's eyes) lack of discipline and his individualism.

What do you think about Scott Wilson ? Is he reliable ?

The Frenchman, who hardly lacks for self-confidence, has started just three league games all season, with Pardew having expressed reservations about his ability to adhere to team instructions and put the collective before the individual.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9439705.Pardew_praises_Newcastle_s__game_changer_/

For Scott Wilson, Pardew is not playing HBA because of his supposed (in Pard's eyes) lack of discipline and his individualism.

The Frenchman, who hardly lacks for self-confidence, has started just three league games all season, with Pardew having expressed reservations about his ability to adhere to team instructions and put the collective before the individual.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9439705.Pardew_praises_Newcastle_s__game_changer_/

Normal bog standard local journo who probably knows as little as any of the other ones.

Guest hatem garrincha

Normal bog standard local journo who probably knows as little as any of the other ones.

Ok

Fuck what Pardew and Wilson thinks. Vive La France et Ben Arfa. :pow:

Guest hatem garrincha

f*** what Pardew and Wilson thinks. Vive La France et Ben Arfa. :pow:

Man, f*** what Wilson thinks, Ok, but not what Pardew thinks  :lol:

Guest hatem garrincha

Could you imagine Keegan or SBR being so conservative with him? Not a chance. They'd just tell him to go out there and strut his stuff and not to worry about how many yards he does.

Agree. Pardew is more another Deschamps, rather than a Keegan.

Guest neesy111

Could you imagine Keegan or SBR being so conservative with him? Not a chance. They'd just tell him to go out there and strut his stuff and not to worry about how many yards he does.

Agree. Pardew is more another Deschamps, rather than a Keegan.

Which is what we need at this time.

said it before like. Bobby would have built his team around him

Right just to clarify your position. I'm aware that you wanted HBA to start on the wing (as most of us would agree), but that's just not gonna happen under Pardew for whatever delusional reason he has. Now if you never advocated Best over HBA to partner Ba, then why were you incessantly banging on that Ba plays better with a striker upfront? So if its not Best as the other striker upfront, then were you advocating for Ameobi to play upfront with Ba?  :lol:

Actually you even went as far to say that we won't win if HBA plays behind Ba and that we should stick with what has been working for us early on (i.e. Best + Ba).

Personally I think you're just not willing to accept that you were wrong with Best + Ba after this supposedly superior combo drew blanks in the last 3 games against mediocre opponents. But I'll at least give you the chance to clarify your position, and try doing it without including petty personal insults, not like that's gonna happen like. And before you start, no I'm not trolling you.  :lol:

The Bolton game showed that there is nothing to fear from two forwards who drift in and out of position (HBA/Ba), infact it's modern football. The first half was actually Pardew football as it is now (it wasn't always) -  hoof it and hope it falls to someone. IMO Pards is still being obstinate with HBA even withstanding all his positive comments regarding the player, there still seems to be some dark water there.