Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest hatem garrincha

Pardew :

Hatem is still on a long road back. He had a terrible injury and he still isn’t at his best, I promise you.

“I’ve seen enough of him to know that at the moment he’s limited to cameos for us but that’s the sort of cameo that will give him belief on the training ground to get back to his very best.”

Pardew on Ben Arfa "It's important to have a player like that in your squad. He feels he can change a match and he managed to do that"

Is it just me or is Pardew's statement meant to emphasize that he still sees HBA as a squad player i.e. that he will start on the bench and only play when we need to change the match, in which case Pardew is a class A cunt!

Pardew :

Hatem is still on a long road back. He had a terrible injury and he still isn’t at his best, I promise you.

“I’ve seen enough of him to know that at the moment he’s limited to cameos for us but that’s the sort of cameo that will give him belief on the training ground to get back to his very best.”

well alan, you're wrong.

Pardew :

He may not be at his best, but where he is now is still streets ahead of our other forwards (Ba excepted).

He has to start behind Ba against Liverpool. We need one extra man in midfield anyway. 4-4-1-1 is the formation to go there imo. Best and Ba won't work there. Not enough service for 2 strikers while Ben Arfa can make happen something out of nothing.

Pardew :

He isn't at his best, he's still much better than Best.

Pardew :

He isn't at his best, he's still much better than Best.

and unless there is some physical problem, which seems unlikely given he played from the start twice in manchester, then it doesn't make sense.

The position he scored from was important too, it wasn't just a tap in. IIRC he'd previously trying playing a through-ball which didn't come off, but it came back to him. He spread it wide but importantly then got moving and drifted into a great position to score. Excellent pick out from Taylor and with his technique he made it look easy.

:dowie:

Ryan Taylor won the ball around midfield, played a delayed one-two with Jonas and then burst down the left before pulling back for HBA to lash home.

Cracking finish by the lad but you're dreaming if that's how you remember the goal - Ryan Taylor deserves a big pat on the back for making it.