Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

How so? Still don't go for the "he is brilliant, he HAS to start" thing :dontknow:

I really rate the lad and when he is 100% he will probably be one of our best players but we need to be patient and some of the anger directed at Pardew over this lad is getting silly.

Seems far to simplistic for me to say "well if he is fit to play, why not start him!?". I think there is more to it than whether a player is capable of running around for 90 minutes.

Like me grandad said at the pub today it's a funny business when it takes the crowd chanting for Ben Arfa for him to bring him on against WBA, he never did bring him on in the games previous.  Pardew deserves stick for not using Ben Arfa properly recently imo, there's nowt unjustified about it.

Let's hope that's him starting now.

In what position?

Same position I've always wanted him in.

Because you're not man enough to admit that Ba doesnt necessarily play better with your 2 man upfront theory?

Yeah, takes a real man's man to admit that he might be wrong on a forum. Especially in the face of such damning evidence.

Our best football has been played this season with 2 up front and hopefully we'll see that once again if/when we sign a striker in January. And you'll have to find someone else to wag your arthritic finger at.

Always a tiny, weird dig like, love it. :lol:

When he kicks off I'll hold my hands up, until then I will hold faith that the manager is in regular dialogue with the player and not just easing him in for shits and giggles. From what Pardew has said it seems like there is still some way to go until the lad is back to the player is back to what he was.

Maybe I'm wrong, just my view :)

Pardew clearly thinks at the minute that Best is a better player for us than Ben Arfa is and he's wrong, I would take anything Pardew says with a pinch of salt.  Including him talking himself up about the meeting he's had with the players this week in which he told them what the were doing wrong only for us to hoof the ball for 65 minutes.

Most managers will want their starting players to play the majority of the game, they can only sub 3 of them.

I hope HBA is ready to start against Liverpool and every game for the rest of the season but if he doesn't I won't be throwing darts at my Pardew shaped dart board.

Most managers will want their starting players to play the majority of the game, they can only sub 3 of them.

I hope HBA is ready to start against Liverpool and every game for the rest of the season but if he doesn't I won't be throwing darts at my Pardew shaped dart board.

:lol:

Has anybody got a Pardew shaped dart board?

That's dumb. Of course if we buy a good player who complements Ba upfront when he comes back from ACN, then one could then argue that Ba plays better with this new striker. But that wasn't the point you were making, you insisted that we're better off and Ba plays better when we have two upfront knowing full well that Best will be partnering him

Arthritic finger, worst comeback on this manly forum  :lol:

Its 3 games now where neither of Ba/Best have scored in open play when on the same pitch together. Hardly tough opposition either.

I wanted Best starting over HBA just weeks ago, but hes presented such a lack of threat its not worked in the same way it was obvious last week.

Ben Arfa starting shouldnt be in doubt really, he shouldve started today.

I'll leave it and say I was critical at the amount of game time Ba was getting at the start of the season and was proven wrong, that was without a massive layoff like Ben Arfa had so I won't be so critical this time.

I'll leave it and say I was critical at the amount of game time Ba was getting at the start of the season and was proven wrong, that was without a massive layoff like Ben Arfa had so I won't be so critical this time.

Ben Arfa, like Ba at the time, needs games.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20111226/hatem-thanks-great-supporters_2281670_2558305

http://i.imgur.com/FfHvy.gif

Hatem Ben Arfa thanked the Toon Army for their fantastic support after scoring his first goal of the season in the win at Bolton.

Four thousand fans took over the away end at the Reebok Stadium on Boxing Day and, according to the Frenchman, that was a "great thing."

It was in front of those travelling supporters that Ben Arfa rifled home the first goal in a 2-0 win, half-volleying home from Ryan Taylor's cross, and he was keen to pay tribute to them when he spoke to nufc.co.uk after the game.

In a rare interview, he revealed: "I was very happy to be on the pitch and to score that goal. It feels great.

"I think I'm just coming near to 100 per cent after my injury. I feel sharp and I feel good.

"And I'm really happy because the fans are behind me and supporting me, which is important to me.

"I was very surprised when I came out of the tunnel to see that 4,000 fans were in Manchester to support us, but I think it's a great thing."

It was Ben Arfa's second goal for Newcastle - the first coming on his debut at Everton in September last year - and helped Newcastle record their first win in seven games.

And that set United up nicely for Friday's visit to Liverpool, who are one place above the Magpies in the table.

"I just hope that the goals are going to come one after another now," he said.

"It was important to get a win today because the next game is going to be very hard and very important. It's a good start.

"The atmosphere at Anfield is very special but the most important thing will not be the ground - it will be the three points."

:clap2:

:thup: Simply put.

With games comes progress, I'm sure after a run of them, Ben Arfa will be fine.

From the article Dave posted above:

"I think I'm just coming near to 100 per cent after my injury. I feel sharp and I feel good.

The player himself feels good so I think it's a matter of time before Ben Arfa will be a regular in the side. I mentioned this before, when Ba goes to the ACoN, that's Ben Arfa's chance to try and shine.

Guest mimifrench

He scored a lovely goal today, was very chuffed for him.

I think he proved Pardew was wrong, at least a little...

Concerning Pardew's tactics/game plan, I have really no idea about it and even more on his way of coaching "different" players like Ben arfa.

I understand the point of Cajun concerning Ben arfa but the thing is Pardew seems to pass from an extreme to another with HBA.

Easing him little by little is a good thing but it'll come the moment that HBA will be really fit and if Pardew don't answer his questions, there will be a problem.

Of course, the only thing that matters is that the team wins but last matches against "weak" teams proved you have something to change.

As I keep saying, you just can't imagine how you could increase your potential/attacking force with him on the squad...

Biggest arsehole at the club is apparantly the reason he is treated the way he is

His ability is without question

Pardew said in his post-match interview that Ben Arfa is well liked in the dressing room.

:thup: Simply put.

With games comes progress, I'm sure after a run of them, Ben Arfa will be fine.

From the article Dave posted above:

The player himself feels good so I think it's a matter of time before Ben Arfa will be a regular in the side. I mentioned this before, when Ba goes to the ACoN, that's Ben Arfa's chance to try and shine.

i could understand not playing him in every game over a supposedly busy period but he's proved he can handle 90mins so why drop him to the bench for weeks on end.