Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

The position he scored from was important too, it wasn't just a tap in. IIRC he'd previously trying playing a through-ball which didn't come off, but it came back to him. He spread it wide but importantly then got moving and drifted into a great position to score. Excellent pick out from Taylor and with his technique he made it look easy.

:dowie:

Ryan Taylor won the ball around midfield, played a delayed one-two with Jonas and then burst down the left before pulling back for HBA to lash home.

Cracking finish by the lad but you're dreaming if that's how you remember the goal - Ryan Taylor deserves a big pat on the back for making it.

Where has Dave said anything that goes against what you've posted?

The position he scored from was important too, it wasn't just a tap in. IIRC he'd previously trying playing a through-ball which didn't come off, but it came back to him. He spread it wide but importantly then got moving and drifted into a great position to score. Excellent pick out from Taylor and with his technique he made it look easy.

:dowie:

Ryan Taylor won the ball around midfield, played a delayed one-two with Jonas and then burst down the left before pulling back for HBA to lash home.

Cracking finish by the lad but you're dreaming if that's how you remember the goal - Ryan Taylor deserves a big pat on the back for making it.

Where has Dave said anything that goes against what you've posted?

Pardew :

Hatem is still on a long road back. He had a terrible injury and he still isn’t at his best, I promise you.

“I’ve seen enough of him to know that at the moment he’s limited to cameos for us but that’s the sort of cameo that will give him belief on the training ground to get back to his very best.”

He isn't at his best, he's still much better than Best.

and unless there is some physical problem, which seems unlikely given he played from the start twice in manchester, then it doesn't make sense.

Yeah, bizarre comments from Pardew really.

Hope to fuck Hatem starts on Friday like.

Doesnt make any sense, he wasnt limited to cameos just a few games ago. Hes now proving himself in actual games & yet not showing enough in training now?

Ya because according to Pardew's fucked up logic, performing in training is more important than in actual matches. Of course that gives him the convenience of always insisting that HBA is not at his best since almost no fans know what happens in training. Really beginning to hate Pardew now, at least the way he is managing HBA

Some people need to climb out of Ben Arfa's arse tbh, It's making them far too blinkered at the moment. We really know little about his current physical or mental state. From his history it is very clear he is quite a delicate character so if we throw him in and he isn't instantly capable of doing what he is normally used to this could affect his long term confidence. Don't see the problem with easing him in, odd game/few minutes here and there, let him put in performances like he has been and build the lad back up (again physically AND mentally).

If you are starting to hate Pardew you need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. We know Ben Arfa isn't backwards when coming forwards when he isn't happy so I think It's safe to assume the softly softly approach isn't concerning him as much as some posters.

It's not all about "well he will still be a better option than Best!".

Some people need to climb out of Ben Arfa's arse tbh, It's making them far too blinkered at the moment. We really know little about his current physical or mental state. From his history it is very clear he is quite a delicate character so if we throw him in and he isn't instantly capable of doing what he is normally used to this could affect his long term confidence. Don't see the problem with easing him in, odd game/few minutes here and there, let him put in performances like he has been and build the lad back up (again physically AND mentally).

If you are starting to hate Pardew you need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. We know Ben Arfa isn't backwards when coming forwards when he isn't happy so I think It's safe to assume the softly softly approach isn't concerning him as much as some posters.

Why did we start him against Man City, Man United and Chelsea then? He's already been 'thrown in'.

And of course, him sitting on the bench and being lucky to get twenty minutes here and there to perform in whilst the team struggles and players ahead of him like Obertan and Best look fucking shit is going to boost his confidence? :lol:

What bigger picture are you talking about? The fact is Leon Best was horseshite and Ben Arfa did more in 5 minutes than Best managed all game.

Ben Arfa was fit enough for Pardew to play him against Man U and Man City, are we to believe that he gets less fit the more he plays?

Ben Arfa is producing when he’s getting game time and he needs to start.  If he pisses off in a strop then it’s too late, do we have to wait for that?

How so? Still don't go for the "he is brilliant, he HAS to start" thing :dontknow:

I really rate the lad and when he is 100% he will probably be one of our best players but we need to be patient and some of the anger directed at Pardew over this lad is getting silly.

Seems far to simplistic for me to say "well if he is fit to play, why not start him!?". I think there is more to it than whether a player is capable of running around for 90 minutes.

When he kicks off I'll hold my hands up, until then I will hold faith that the manager is in regular dialogue with the player and not just easing him in for shits and giggles. From what Pardew has said it seems like there is still some way to go until the lad is back to the player is back to what he was.

Maybe I'm wrong, just my view :)

Let's hope that's him starting now.

In what position?

Same position I've always wanted him in.

Because you're not man enough to admit that Ba doesnt necessarily play better with your 2 man upfront theory?

Yeah, takes a real man's man to admit that he might be wrong on a forum. Especially in the face of such damning evidence.

Our best football has been played this season with 2 up front and hopefully we'll see that once again if/when we sign a striker in January. And you'll have to find someone else to wag your arthritic finger at.

How so? Still don't go for the "he is brilliant, he HAS to start" thing :dontknow:

I really rate the lad and when he is 100% he will probably be one of our best players but we need to be patient and some of the anger directed at Pardew over this lad is getting silly.

Seems far to simplistic for me to say "well if he is fit to play, why not start him!?". I think there is more to it than whether a player is capable of running around for 90 minutes.

So what you're saying is that we should sacrifice points by playing inferior players to HBA because in the long run not starting him (even after he scores) is gonna be better for his confidence. Brilliant!

How is it far too simplistic to want Ben Arfa in the team ahead of players who give nothing?  A player doesn't have to play 90 minutes just because he starts, he'll be more likely to get the minutes he needs from the beginning than he will come on at the end.