Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Its frustration more than hype. People want to see him given a fair crack of the whip ala Obertan and Jonas even. If he 15 starts in a row and was not producing then fair enough. But for those two and Best even to keep getting starts and him stuck on the bench is inexcusable imo.

Exactly, its unbelievable that some dont get it. Even Niel who is a good poster usually.

No one is expecting him to come in and win us matches in two seconds hes no messi like, but we do expect him to be given chances especially when others are not doing their jobs and hes been more than capable of doing his at times.

to put things into perspective. Obe has played 1000minutes more than Ben Arfa this season has an assist more and a goal less than him. Based on only that Ben Arfa should be getting a chance before him. then you can also argue Obe brings absolutely nothing to this team bar pace which is useless since hes incapable of using it anyways.

Anyone not understanding this is clearly clueless, and people going on about defending Ben arfa and Hype should try and read more onto peoples post. What me and many in here expect is for him to get a chance, a chance to prove himself, a chance to show why he is so highly rated in France a chance to show us what he showed us last season against Everton.

If he fails he fails, and I doubt many will be defending him if he gets a run like Obe. Everyone wants the club to succeed, if he fails, hes been a failure and we move on. But to give him that verdict before hes even played 500mins of football in a season is fucking ridiculius.

Its not hard ffs.   

I'm trying to look at him as an unbiased spectator and in numerous games I've seen, he hasn't done much. I appreciate he has undoubted quality about him and he's probably still recovering from a horrible injury and also a major setback from that injury, but I currently am not understanding the massive hype about him. I guess the 2nd half of the season will start to provide some solid answers.

I'm certainly not just saying because he didn't do much last night that he isn't good enough, hell, he could sit down on the pitch in the penalty area and he'd have contributed more than Obertan yesterday.

Regardless of all this, there's surely something going on with him and Pardew. He's an obvious starter but Pardew's seeing something he isn't happy with.

Good post.

it's a contradictory post, he starts out by saying he hasnt done much and finishes by saying he's an obvious starter. the reason he hasnt done much is because he doesnt get on the fucking pitch for long enough.

Guest hatem garrincha

I'm trying to look at him as an unbiased spectator

Even when you claim that he did nothing -  except his goal - at Goodison ?

I'm trying to look at him as an unbiased spectator and in numerous games I've seen, he hasn't done much. I appreciate he has undoubted quality about him and he's probably still recovering from a horrible injury and also a major setback from that injury, but I currently am not understanding the massive hype about him. I guess the 2nd half of the season will start to provide some solid answers.

I'm certainly not just saying because he didn't do much last night that he isn't good enough, hell, he could sit down on the pitch in the penalty area and he'd have contributed more than Obertan yesterday.

Regardless of all this, there's surely something going on with him and Pardew. He's an obvious starter but Pardew's seeing something he isn't happy with.

Good post.

it's a contradictory post, he starts out by saying he hasnt done much and finishes by saying he's an obvious starter. the reason he hasnt done much is because he doesnt get on the f***ing pitch for long enough.

Its not a good one at all, completely agree with you. Weird one.

IIRC though, you said something similar after his performance against your lot last year - a game where (in the eyes of many of us on here) on top of scoring a wonder goal he ran rings around your players with the kind of ball control/dribbling/awareness we've not seen in donkey years. Could just be that he's a type of playmaker/flair player you don't particularly rate? Either that or you're judging him on end product/influence, which imo would be a bit harsh given (as you've mentioned) the injuries and also the team that he's in (long ball merchants, zero movement when he gets the ball, he's expected to do everything on his own, etc etc).

"He did nothing when he came on" ffs. :lol:

Honestly, I thought some of you understood football better than that. The only true judge of a player is what he does in the game from the kick off when he still has a chance to influence the tempo of the game, to make the opposition worry a little bit, instead of looking at the teamsheet and laughing as I'm sure Dalglish did last night.

You can't just hoy a player on at Anfield when you've hardly touched the ball all game, you're 2-1 down before he's even touched it, their players are having the easiest game they've had all season and then go "durrrrrrrrrrrrr he's dun nowt ther like, we got beat and that".  I don't know why more teams don't leave their best creative players on the bench until the 70th minute if it's so easy for them to influence the game at that point.

I don't know why I bother honestly, f***ing hell.

:thup:

Like some people have said, the real issue is that he's not being given a fair chance. When players like Obertan keep starting week in, week out and does essentially fuck all then changes need to be brought about.

If Ben Arfa had started, it would have been us being more adventurous. It's been mentioned before, we gave Liverpool too much respect last night.

Guest hatem garrincha

He won't play against Man United will he? f***ing ridiculous.

@Scottwilsonecho Scott Wilson

Pardew defended Cabaye's tackle -"he's not a malicious player" and hinted he still did not feel Ben Arfa was ready to start games. #NUFC

You don't understand the hype around a player who is considered by a lot of people in France to be the most talented player of his generation (which includes Nasri, Benzema and Menez)?

Why he cant stick him on the wing i will never know....

Aye, it's still bollocks that. I can understand Pardew not rating his fullbacks too highly but it's not like Obertan works his socks off to help Simpson.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Not ready to start games? in what way?

Match fitness? Start him and take him off after 60 if needs be. He needs to be starting games and getting the feel of the league and not just through 25/30 minute sub appearances to try and rescue a point or get a goal.

if this is still the situation after the QPR game he really needs to look out a new club for himself. pardew strikes me as stubborn and too conservative with these so called flair individuals.

Pardew must be the only person in the world who thinks Ben Arfa should be on the bench. Ludicrous, really.

Aye, even Christmas Tree realises that he should be starting... For Hartlepool, granted... But still starting...