Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest sicko2ndbest

If Pardew continues to use him like this, it is going to end in tears.

HBA has previous for reacting badly when he feels he is being mistreated

Tonight was a reminder of what can happen when you let a manager do what he likes with your prize assets simply because he doesn't like them.

Craig Bellamy should have been playing for Newcastle for the last ten years and we are still suffering from letting that cunt give him away for peanuts. The worst irony is that Souness will be delighted that his beloved Liverpool have won tonight.

If we let Pardew keep this shit up it'll be just as big a mistake.

The real shame will be when Pardew inevitably forces Ben Arfa out by refusing to start him over players like Obertan and Vuckic, then Pardew gets the sack and we bring in a manager who might've given him a proper chance.

Talk about filling in the blanks with whatever fits your debate.

Nobody wanted Pardew so this is an easy stick to beat him with. There is no sign they've fallen out. The pictures of Ben Arfa and Pardew after the Bolton game show there is no issue with him.

I would agree that we can criticise him for cautious use of him whether it be tactically or with his fitness but to suggest there's an issue between them is just speculation with no basis. 

Tonight was a reminder of what can happen when you let a manager do what he likes with your prize assets simply because he doesn't like them.

Craig Bellamy should have been playing for Newcastle for the last ten years and we are still suffering from letting that c*** give him away for peanuts. The worst irony is that Souness will be delighted that his beloved Liverpool have won tonight.

If we let Pardew keep this s*** up it'll be just as big a mistake.

The real shame will be when Pardew inevitably forces Ben Arfa out by refusing to start him over players like Obertan and Vuckic, then Pardew gets the sack and we bring in a manager who might've given him a proper chance.

I would agree that we can criticise him for cautious use of him whether it be tactically or with his fitness but to suggest there's an issue between them is just speculation with no basis. 

Agreed.

Guest hatem garrincha

It was criminal from Pardew to no start a player who did well in his last two cameos and scored a goal at Bolton which pave the way for the victory.

Instead of working on the confidence of the player and boosting him, Pardew choose  to break Hatem good dynamic by putting him on the bench for a young and inexperienced lad of 19 years old.

I never see in my life that kind of "management".

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

it will do nothing until the end of the season in light of the euro

but if it continues like this he will ask to leave and would be a shame

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

It was criminal from Pardew to no start a player who did well in his last two cameos and scored a goal at Bolton which pave the way for the victory.

Instead of working on the confidence of the player and boosting him, Pardew choose  to break Hatem good dynamic by putting him on the bench for a young and inexperienced lad of 19 years old.

I never see in my life that kind of "management".

It has the same management of Raymond Domenech on the match

Craig Bellamy should have been playing for Newcastle for the last ten years and we are still suffering from letting that cunt give him away for peanuts. The worst irony is that Souness will be delighted that his beloved Liverpool have won tonight.

If we let Pardew keep this shit up it'll be just as big a mistake.

Talk about filling in the blanks with whatever fits your debate.

Nobody wanted Pardew so this is an easy stick to beat him with. There is no sign they've fallen out. The pictures of Ben Arfa and Pardew after the Bolton game show there is no issue with him.

You've criticised me for filling in blanks to suit my point and done exactly that. I haven't said anywhere that there's a problem between them, I'm saying there will be if he continues to play players like Obertan, Vuckic and Sammy instead of him.

"He did nothing when he came on" ffs. :lol:

Honestly, I thought some of you understood football better than that. The only true judge of a player is what he does in the game from the kick off when he still has a chance to influence the tempo of the game, to make the opposition worry a little bit, instead of looking at the teamsheet and laughing as I'm sure Dalglish did last night.

You can't just hoy a player on at Anfield when you've hardly touched the ball all game, you're 2-1 down before he's even touched it, their players are having the easiest game they've had all season and then go "durrrrrrrrrrrrr he's dun nowt ther like, we got beat and that".  I don't know why more teams don't leave their best creative players on the bench until the 70th minute if it's so easy for them to influence the game at that point.

I don't know why I bother honestly, fucking hell.

Guest neesy111

NUFC_Stats: Hatem Ben Arfa was allowed just 11 touches last night - 2 were unsuccessful, 1 was dispossessed and 4 times he gave possession away! #nufc

You can see why HBA must be p*ssed off like, scores against Bolton, which should be enough to warrant a start but he's had to sit on the bench whilst a young lad and a toothless Obertan get picked ahead of him. It won't be long before he's sick of this

Is he pissed off like?

Honestly, I thought some of you understood football better than that. The only true judge of a player is what he does in the game from the kick off when he still has a chance to influence the tempo of the game, to make the opposition worry a little bit, instead of looking at the teamsheet and laughing as I'm sure Dalglish did last night.

You can't just hoy a player on at Anfield when you've hardly touched the ball all game, you're 2-1 down before he's even touched it, their players are having the easiest game they've had all season and then go "durrrrrrrrrrrrr he's dun nowt ther like, we got beat and that".  I don't know why more teams don't leave their best creative players on the bench until the 70th minute if it's so easy for them to influence the game at that point.

I don't know why I bother honestly, f***ing hell.

My thoughts exactly. People would rather point the finger at the individual rather than look at the bigger picture.

Guest hatem garrincha

There's no problem between them but I don't buy the "he's not fully fit yet" story at all.

As Andy previously said in another thread, not starting HBA is a deliberate Pardew tactic choice.

Pardew has his own conception of football and HBA isn't  a part of it.

He will always play him by default (When Ba will go, when the team is struggling until 65 min etc. etc.) 

I don't know why I bother honestly, fucking hell.

Agree entirely.

Can't believe we're even discussing him again.

I'm trying to look at him as an unbiased spectator and in numerous games I've seen, he hasn't done much. I appreciate he has undoubted quality about him and he's probably still recovering from a horrible injury and also a major setback from that injury, but I currently am not understanding the massive hype about him. I guess the 2nd half of the season will start to provide some solid answers.

I'm certainly not just saying because he didn't do much last night that he isn't good enough, hell, he could sit down on the pitch in the penalty area and he'd have contributed more than Obertan yesterday.

Regardless of all this, there's surely something going on with him and Pardew. He's an obvious starter but Pardew's seeing something he isn't happy with.

Guest hatem garrincha

it will do nothing until the end of the season in light of the euro

but if it continues like this he will ask to leave and would be a shame

In light of the Euro ?  :lol:

How could he make it while sitting on the bench ?

He will never make the Euro, man, don't even dream about it.

I'm trying to look at him as an unbiased spectator and in numerous games I've seen, he hasn't done much. I appreciate he has undoubted quality about him and he's probably still recovering from a horrible injury and also a major setback from that injury, but I currently am not understanding the massive hype about him. I guess the 2nd half of the season will start to provide some solid answers.

I'm certainly not just saying because he didn't do much last night that he isn't good enough, hell, he could sit down on the pitch in the penalty area and he'd have contributed more than Obertan yesterday.

Regardless of all this, there's surely something going on with him and Pardew. He's an obvious starter but Pardew's seeing something he isn't happy with.

It's not really "hype" in the sense that he's going to win us every other game. It's just frustration and incredulity getting more and more amped up because it seems obvious this guy is not getting a fair deal when it comes to playing time whilst at the other end of the scale Obertan plays 80 minutes a game regardless of how shit he is.

As you say he's an "obvious starter"... yet he simply isn't. He hasn't even been given a chance to be shit.

Guest hatem garrincha

It's not really "hype" in the sense that he's going to win us every other game. It's just frustration and incredulity getting more and more amped up because it seems obvious this guy is not getting a fair deal when it comes to playing time whilst at the other end of the scale Obertan plays 80 minutes a game regardless of how s*** he is.

As you say he's an "obvious starter"... yet he simply isn't. He hasn't even been given a chance to be s***.

I'm ready to recognize that he is overated and luxury and s***, but please, give him a few starting games before that . I don't aven ask the same amount of chances Obertan had since the start of the season, just only 5 consecutive starts and we'll talk.

Guest neesy111

Good post.

Its frustration more than hype. People want to see him given a fair crack of the whip ala Obertan and Jonas even. If he 15 starts in a row and was not producing then fair enough. But for those two and Best even to keep getting starts and him stuck on the bench is inexcusable imo.