Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest michaelfoster

Felipao - You said he wasnt poor but said he was invisible, unless he is some relation to Casper the ghost then how the hell can you say he was anything other than poor.

Reading through both the previous and this thread and i cant remember you ever saying anything negative about him, i support Newcastle United FC not Hatem Ben Arfa, if for whatever reason he is not pulling his weight in training or whatever the reason Pardew has for putting him on the bench than so be it, he cant expect to just turn up and expect to play, as it sets a bad example to the rest of the squad.

Felipao - You said he wasnt poor but said he was invisible, unless he is some relation to Casper the ghost then how the hell can you say he was anything other than poor.

Reading through both the previous and this thread and i cant remember you ever saying anything negative about him, i support Newcastle United FC not Hatem Ben Arfa, if for whatever reason he is not pulling his weight in training or whatever the reason Pardew has for putting him on the bench than so be it, he cant expect to just turn up and expect to play, as it sets a bad example to the rest of the squad.

What the fuck are you flapping your gums about?

Guest michaelfoster

What the f*** are you flapping your gums about?

I was referring to the fact everyone wants him to start but nobody knows why Pardew doesn't start him, maybe he's not showing enough in training or something i don't know.

Clearly Obertan and Simpson are allowed to just show up and be picked

What the f*** are you flapping your gums about?

I was referring to the fact everyone wants him to start but nobody knows why Pardew doesn't start him, maybe he's not showing enough in training or something i don't know.

There has been nothing to suggest this is the case at all though so why even speculate?

Listen, Im just saying people criticize him after not having been given a real chance. Playing against top three and then minutes here and there against the rest isnt enough. Im not saying the REAL Ben Arfa fanboys are right but to criticize him without being given a real chance is ridiculous. He aint Messi but here sure is better than Obe and Best.

Enough said really.

He's right about you, but Hatem didn't really stand a chance tonight.

Weird post, first agree with him and then me. Go lick Best arse  :coolsmiley:

Clearly Obertan and Simpson are allowed to just show up and be picked

Give over, everyone who thinks that is just a Ben Arfa Fanbooy.

(btw I agree with you)

Michael Foster you are full of s****. What do you expect him to do today? He wasnt poor, becuase if he was so was every single player on our team bar Colo and Cheick.

Criticizing a player for coming on as a sub and not getting a ball to play with is disgusting. We are playing long balls and we were poor whole match. Ben Arfa wasnt poor, he was invisible as there was nothing for him. the match passed him and Vukcic and Ba by for every single minute.

three of those 4 are legitimate reasons. He is fit, should therefore start and would been better had it not been for the teams tactics.

Embarassing. 

Ben Arfa could sit in the centre circle for 90 mins and you would defend him

He may be partaking in a protest Filipao supports tbf

Really not. You guys criticize players like HBA who can play while defending players with pace who are s***. No wonder your country is miles behind in international football since it  seems to have a rather strange view on football.

Whooooooooooosh

:memeyeah:

:aww:

Listen, Im just saying people criticize him after not having been given a real chance. Playing against top three and then minutes here and there against the rest isnt enough. Im not saying the REAL Ben Arfa fanboys are right but to criticize him without being given a real chance is ridiculous. He aint Messi but here sure is better than Obe and Best.

Enough said really.

Clever. I agree that you're incapable of an unbiased opinion of the lad. I also agree that Hatem didn't have a platform to excel tonight.

Simple enough?

Did he actually touch the ball tonight?

Mercurial talent he may be, but honestly we'd have been just as well hoying Best or Ameobi on tonight and played a percentage game for what difference he made.

Would have been better but not his fault though. For once I was crying to get best on the field since we were just hoofing it up long anyways. For any plaer like Vukcic, Ben Arfa, Cabaye to shine we need to play it on the deck. Something we clearly are not doing ever since before we played City.

Enough said really.

Clever. I agree that you're incapable of an unbiased opinion of the lad. I also agree that Hatem didn't have a platform to excel tonight.

Simple enough?

Nah, Ronaldo Im agreeing with you on every single point tonight. You seem incapable to see that. I just dont think you can have a go at Ben Arfa like Foster is doing after tonight. No player in our squad bar best wouldve  had a chance. I want this club to succeed as much as you but Fosters post was utter shit.

Mercurial talent he may be, but honestly we'd have been just as well hoying Best or Ameobi on tonight and played a percentage game for what difference he made.

Would have been better but not his fault though. For once I was crying to get best on the field since we were just hoofing it up long anyways. For any plaer like Vukcic, Ben Arfa, Cabaye to shine we need to play it on the deck. Something we clearly are not doing ever since before we played City.

Everytime we got the ball it went back to Krul and was then lumped high upfield. No good without a target mn to hold it up.

Everytime we got the ball it went back to Krul and was then lumped high upfield. No good without a target mn to hold it up.

Was discussing that, think Krul had more touches than Ba during the whole 90mins. Need to do something about that. Wouldve loved to see Best up top with Ben Arfa out wide. Its as clear as that, like Ronaldo has been crying out for months now. HBA on the right. Obe has done nothing this season to justify his place in the team.

Would have been a different game had he started, way to much long ball stuff or back and square passing, we were set into doing that by the time he came on.

I really really would start him on the wing, he is not upro speed with the Prem yet to play up top, he cannot have the time on the ball he wants.

Play him out wide and let him run at the fullback he is quick enough and clever enough to be a very productive winger.

Would have been a different game had he started, way to much long ball stuff or back and square passing, we were set into doing that by the time he came on.

I really really would start him on the wing, he is not upro speed with the Prem yet to play up top, he cannot have the time on the ball he wants.

Play him out wide and let him run at the fullback he is quick enough and clever enough to be a very productive winger.

Definitely. And even if Best is not at his Best, he is strong and will win headers up top. Ba didnt win one tonight. 

Ben Arfa looked for and found space on numerous occasions, the ball just didn't come to him.

I'd be very unhappy with my team mates, and even moreso with my manager. The tactics were shite!

We played as though Liverpool were the dogs bollocks and we were scared of them. Krul's distribution resulted in Liverpool possession 80% of the time. (Not Krul's fault btw, instructions.) And so many balls launched long to Ba.

Ben Arfa would have been great behind Carroll, not so much behind Ba. Not taking anything away from Ba, great player, but Carroll's hold-up play would have been perfect to make space for Hatem.. in this team now he needs to be on the wing, not in the middle.

Did you see Carroll's hold up play today?

Yep, took the ball in the opposition third and layed if off numerous times. Did you?