Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

the game i was watching he looked very ave. didnt close down players and just ball watched. No wonder hes on the bench.

He definitely did work back and close.

Felipao - You said he wasnt poor but said he was invisible, unless he is some relation to Casper the ghost then how the hell can you say he was anything other than poor.

Reading through both the previous and this thread and i cant remember you ever saying anything negative about him, i support Newcastle United FC not Hatem Ben Arfa, if for whatever reason he is not pulling his weight in training or whatever the reason Pardew has for putting him on the bench than so be it, he cant expect to just turn up and expect to play, as it sets a bad example to the rest of the squad.

That's making the assumption that Pardew's judging the situation correctly though. He's also repeatedly left Santon on the bench when he looks comfortably the best left back in the club if not the best full back overall. He's also persisting with a completely ineffective Obertan, do you trust Pardews judgement on which players to select?

the game i was watching he looked very ave. didnt close down players and just ball watched. No wonder hes on the bench.

:lol: shut up man. Too do something he is dependent on 1) receiving the ball, 2) have team mates who don´t lose the ball the second he gives it to them to be able to build up any play

He closed players down when they had the ball in his area, and opened himself up to receive the ball but rarely got it when we were in possession.

:lol: shut up man. Too do something he is dependent on 1) receiving the ball, 2) have team mates who don´t lose the ball the second he gives it to them to be able to build up any play

He closed players down when they had the ball in his area, and opened himself up to receive the ball but rarely got it when we were in possession.

Ignore him man, he's a muppet.

Ignore him man, he's a muppet.

Wish he'd change his avatar, it's creepy as fuck.

Considering that what he has over Vuckic is pace, he would have done well in the first half. Vuckic didn't do well because he didn't have the pace to run off with the ball and with Liverpool players encroaching, he passed backwards and killed off our attacks. With Ben Arfa in the fold, we could have avoided this and made the most of our chances on the ball.

Would have been a different game had he started, way to much long ball stuff or back and square passing, we were set into doing that by the time he came on.

I really really would start him on the wing, he is not upro speed with the Prem yet to play up top, he cannot have the time on the ball he wants.

Play him out wide and let him run at the fullback he is quick enough and clever enough to be a very productive winger.

Agreed, if he had started then he would have provided support to Ba (with whom he does have some sort of understanding) and as a result, Ba would not have been isolated as such. Ba really couldn't do anything up top on his own, nee support from Vuckic didn't help either.

This guy has quality about him, but it has to be said he did absolutely nothing when he came on tonight.

It might have been a good idea to start him, he's not going to come off the bench every game and change it in our favour.

Tonight was a reminder of what can happen when you let a manager do what he likes with your prize assets simply because he doesn't like them.

Craig Bellamy should have been playing for Newcastle for the last ten years and we are still suffering from letting that cunt give him away for peanuts. The worst irony is that Souness will be delighted that his beloved Liverpool have won tonight.

If we let Pardew keep this shit up it'll be just as big a mistake.

This guy has quality about him, but it has to be said he did absolutely nothing when he came on tonight.

honestly cant remember him receiving a pass or anyone looking to play a pass after he came on.

He did receive a pass a few times and promptly lost the ball attempting to get past people when he had no chance of doing so.

honestly cant remember him receiving a pass or anyone looking to play a pass after he came on.

He did receive a pass a few times and promptly lost the ball attempting to get past people when he had no chance of doing so.

Yeah, I cannot really blame him like but he lost the ball a few times on his own accord tonight. He did show Obertan how you relieve your team of pressure in a defensive situation once though (when he took the ball back to the touchline and played it back across to Williamson)

Tonight was a reminder of what can happen when you let a manager do what he likes with your prize assets simply because he doesn't like them.

Craig Bellamy should have been playing for Newcastle for the last ten years and we are still suffering from letting that c*** give him away for peanuts. The worst irony is that Souness will be delighted that his beloved Liverpool have won tonight.

If we let Pardew keep this s*** up it'll be just as big a mistake.

Are you actually suggesting we start trying to get Pardew out of NUFC?

We conceded (a shocking goal :() as soon as he came on pretty much and then the game just got away from us and no one else could be arsed at 3-1. He got the ball about twice in the remaining time and both times he was surrounded by about 4 liverpool shirts and no black n whites. Disappointing he didn't get chance to start where he could have got into the game more not when it was already lost.

He cut Man City apart, won a penalty at Old Trafford which got us a point and scored a key, class goal at Bolton.

Other than Ba, if you can tell me an NUFC player who has been this effective lately I'd love to know.

That doesn't mean he's played well.

I wouldn't look at him as a scapegoat at all, no , but when I'm told he's one of your best players I'm failing to see it[/lolyesthatgoalhahaha]

He cut Man City apart, won a penalty at Old Trafford which got us a point and scored a key, class goal at Bolton.

Other than Ba, if you can tell me an NUFC player who has been this effective lately I'd love to know.

Too true. And all this in such a ridiculously limited time on the pitch. Sad situation.

I wouldn't look at him as a scapegoat at all, no , but when I'm told he's one of your best players I'm failing to see it[/lolyesthatgoalhahaha]

This is how Pardew's trying to win the ego battle though, sending him on in impossible situations like at Anfield when you've had the team playing like frightened kittens for an hour, starting him against the three best sides in the land then leaving him out against Norwich, Swansea and West Brom because he's "not fit". Bet him scoring at Bolton proper ruined Pardew's Christmas.

Wasn't just the goal though, it was like watcing Zidane vs a pub team whole time he was on the pitch.

This is how Pardew's trying to win the ego battle though, sending him on in impossible situations like at Anfield when you've had the team playing like frightened kittens for an hour, starting him against the three best sides in the land then leaving him out against Norwich, Swansea and West Brom because he's "not fit". Bet him scoring at Bolton proper ruined Pardew's Christmas.

As I touched on in another topic, it's probably as simple as it seems. Pardew can't deal with him as a player, and perhaps the rumors that Ben Arfa picks his position when he's on the field may be true, This obviously doesn't sit well with Pardew, who I cannot believe to be that inept as to not have tried him out on the wing for any other reason. Some players are better in positions that are not their favourite. Beckham in the middle to cite one example. Post is pure conjecture but it's nearly 3am and it's the right time of night for this shit as far as I'm concerned :)