Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

First sign of dissent - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4036706/Hatem-Ben-Arfa-furious-about-bit-part-role-at-Newcastle.html

"I'm a competitor and I want to play every game, every minute. The manager knows what I'm thinking. He knows I want to play. He makes his choices and I have to respect them.

"But it's true we don't share quite the same philosophy. For him, it's more crosses, a bit of a more direct style, whereas I'm more the kind of player who likes to play short passes.

Hatem knows best, I say. We are more than capable of playing a passing game with the core of Colo, Cabaye and Ben Arfa.

I don't see why not, like. Swansea do it, and our players are more talented than theirs, surely?

First sign of dissent - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4036706/Hatem-Ben-Arfa-furious-about-bit-part-role-at-Newcastle.html

"I'm a competitor and I want to play every game, every minute. The manager knows what I'm thinking. He knows I want to play. He makes his choices and I have to respect them.

"But it's true we don't share quite the same philosophy. For him, it's more crosses, a bit of a more direct style, whereas I'm more the kind of player who likes to play short passes.

Hmmm.

Can certainly understand his frustration.

"I like to pass and move, a little bit like Swansea when we played against them. I was very impressed with the way Swansea played football.

"That is the kind of football I like. That's the philosophy I learned at the French academy at Clairefontaine."

All we needed to know.

Pardew OUT.

"I like to pass and move, a little bit like Swansea when we played against them. I was very impressed with the way Swansea played football.

"That is the kind of football I like. That's the philosophy I learned at the French academy at Clairefontaine."

All we needed to know.

Pardew OUT.

wrong about swansea though, in general they've been good on the ball, up here they were poor. i did like their insistence on going that way though.

We can play both for what it's worth like, there's nothing wrong with utilising the wings and hiting it long every now and then, it's when you start regularly bypassing your midfield you have a problem.

But yeah, there's some pretty damning evidence there of what Pardew is trying to do, and it clearly isn't working.

Guest Nikos34

Why do people think Ben Arfa should be slung straight into starting games now? If I was in Pardew's situation myself, I think I'd only be giving him 20 minutes here and there at the moment. Players like Colo, Tiote and Jonas throw back in fairly soon after injury yes, but Ben Arfa has yet to prove his worth since being at the club anyway. I wouldn't say he deserves his chance any more than Ferguson, Vuckic or Sammy to be honest.

Until he starts to impact games regularly from the bench then I wouldn't start him. Also, we have no idea how players apply themselves in training do we? Until you have suffered an injury as severe as that I don't think you realise just how much it can effect you physically and mentally. Who's to say he's the same player anyway?

There's no reason we can't have a bit of both. If we had two wingers who were naturally able to consistently put in even decent crosses things might flow a little more. Instead we are forcing the issue giving the ball to Jonas and Obertan who manage to produce close the nothing offensively.

Mind you, I'm more interested to see what he has to say in La Parisian tomorrow.

I'm assuming these are taken from that.

I'm assuming Brenner interviewed Hatem himself for that piece in the Sun.

Concerned by those quotes tbh. I remember him saying Pardew promised him (and everyone) a certain type of football, and it's not what he's described there.

Don't know where the fuck this relentless long-ball shit has come from, tbh. We didn't use it earlier in the season, and it doesn't work now that we are.

Bizarre and infuriating.

I wouldn't say he deserves his chance any more than Ferguson, Vuckic or Sammy to be honest.

He does though because he's a far greater footballer. Absolutely eons ahead of any of them, and Obertan.

Do you propose we give all of our new signing the Santon/HBA treatment, because they "havn't proven themselves" with us yet?

Why do people think Ben Arfa should be slung straight into starting games now?

Because even if he was dead he would be better than Obertan

:lol: So harsh, but so true.

The only doubt we had over Pardew was whether he was instructing his players to be more direct or whether it was a by product of lacking confidence and not following instructions.

Now we know Pardew WANTS us to play direct, shite football I honestly have lost all faith in him. Call me knee-jerk, I don't care.

Why do people think Ben Arfa should be slung straight into starting games now? If I was in Pardew's situation myself, I think I'd only be giving him 20 minutes here and there at the moment. Players like Colo, Tiote and Jonas throw back in fairly soon after injury yes, but Ben Arfa has yet to prove his worth since being at the club anyway. I wouldn't say he deserves his chance any more than Ferguson, Vuckic or Sammy to be honest.

Ben Arfa has more footballing ability in his (probably smaller than average) penis than Jonas has in total.

Thankfully I stopped taking your post seriously after the mention of him.