Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

99% certain HBA will be in the squad.  I want him to start the next game with Ribery and Malouda alongside.  Nasri can do one.

Malouda? where would he play he can only play on the left as can Ribery theres no real spot for either one of them to play in the centre...

And Ribery is pretty much untouchable its just a matter of who is more suited to the centre and tbh the answer is Nasri.

or maybe an Extra DM and play Cabaye there.

Yeah, I really like him.  Was the most creative player in the EPL for a few years before this season - in terms of chances created.  Can pick a pass and moves well.  It wont happen ofc.

I think Ben Arfa has done more than enough to get his place in the squad and hopefully the starting line up.

Yeah his link up play with Benzema will be enough to nail his spot on the plane as i dont think even Ribery links up with Benzema as well as Ben Arfa does you can tell the understanding from the Lyon days is still there in abundance.

Think he confirmed his place in the starting 11 tonight tbh. Won't stop threatening.

With Ribery to come in, i'm not sure. We'll see.

dont really see him as being in competition with ribery for the right sided spot.

Think he confirmed his place in the starting 11 tonight tbh. Won't stop threatening.

dont really see him as being in competition with ribery for the right sided spot.

Its more Menez tbh. I would give Nasri the boot personally. Maybe shift Hatem inside.

Its more Menez tbh. I would give Nasri the boot personally. Maybe shift Hatem inside.

I agree about Nasri, some of his decision making tonight was very poor.

Ribery will be on the left. I reckon they'll play someon more defensive minded along Cabaye (M'Vila?) or move him up the field. I think Giroud is the main threat to Hatem at the moment, he looks unplayable. Him and Benzema and go 4-4-2 could be the way.

I reckon they'll beat both of us (Sweden and England) comfortably.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Cabaye M'Vila

Ben Arfa Nasri Ribery

Benzema

DIS.

Oh lord Cabaye would absolutely crush England with his long passing. Remember that for France Cabaye plays a deeper playmaker role and will be just pinging long passes to Ribery, Ben Arfa, Nasri and Benzema.

Cabaye M'Vila

Ben Arfa Nasri Ribery

Benzema

DIS.

Oh lord Cabaye would absolutely crush England with his long passing. Remember that for France Cabaye plays a deeper playmaker role and will be just pinging long passes to Ribery, Ben Arfa, Nasri and Benzema.

the problem there is that none of the supporting 3 hit the box, make the run off or in behind. it's why france have struggled and why, in my opinion they should go 4-4-2 with giroud and benzema up top.

Cabaye M'Vila

Ben Arfa Nasri Ribery

Benzema

DIS.

the problem there is that none of the supporting 3 hit the box, make the run off or in behind. it's why france have struggled and why, in my opinion they should go 4-4-2 with giroud and benzema up top.

:thup:

HBA      Cabaye    M'Vila    Ribery

Giroud    Benzema

Yeah it wouldn't surprise if they go with 4-4-2 against deep defenses to break them down.... use Giroud as the big battering ram to knock down the " Parked Bus" and have Benzema, Ribery and Ben Arfa feeding off him with Cabaye and M'Vila holding.

I don't expect them to use it against the likes of Germany, Spain, Holland, Italy etc etc but against teams that play defensively its definitely an option i wouldn't be surprised to see them use.

Are England the only major nation taking 4 strikers? Everybody else seems to produce/understand the value of advanced midfielders to the point where they don't need to bring a long a load of centre forwards for the sake of it.

Are England the only major nation taking 4 strikers? Everybody else seems to produce/understand the value of advanced midfielders to the point where they don't need to bring a long a load of centre forwards for the sake of it.

Does England produce many "advanced midfielders", though? Outside of bringing Johnson or Cole into the squad, I don't know what other attacking options you are talking about.

Does England produce many "advanced midfielders", though? Outside of bringing Johnson or Cole into the squad, I don't know what other attacking options you are talking about.

That's what I mean. I said we don't produce them.

We play in straight lines and as such the players we produce fall into that.

Cabaye M'Vila

Ben Arfa Nasri Ribery

Benzema

DIS.

Giroud    Benzema

Can't see them dropping Nasri, even though I'd rather have Hatem. If Giroud gets a game I'd imagine it would look something like this:

Cabaye  M'Vila

Nasri                      Ribery

Benzema

Giroud

Cabaye M'Vila

Ben Arfa Nasri Ribery

Benzema

DIS.

Giroud    Benzema

Can't see them dropping Nasri, even though I'd rather have Hatem. If Giroud gets a game I'd imagine it would look something like this:

Cabaye  M'Vila

Nasri                      Ribery

Benzema

Giroud

thats how i see it.