Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

He's the smallest part of the problem lunchbox, he's created a lot of opportunities for others this year and did so last year too. I don't recall him having many passing options at all today and with the way we've been playing he should be encouraged to do something different because the 'simple game' for us has been tragically bad so far and created nothing.

I thought he had a good first half but a poorer second one.

really?

Do you? Or are you going to continue to highlight a very vague Cabaye incident? The movement around the lad is horrendous.

To clarify I'm not on the HBA is s***/not a team player side of the argument, but how about when we broke and he had Demba Ba to his right (movement around him) for a relatively easy set up and he overhit it towards the corner flag?

So he passed the ball then? That's not an example of not being a team player, that was just a poor piece of play.

How can you call Messi a team player and Ben Arfa not using the logic you applied earlier?

omg someone that havent seen a barcelona game in their life,

watch them ffs. They all pass the ball, the right time the right moment, they pass more than they dribble

Barca have quality throughout. Hatem has fucking Simpson for support. If I have to watch another final ball from Simpson I'll find his house and shit on it.

He hangs onto the ball because there's fuck all on due to the rest of the side being stood still. Everyone else in the side, when faced with a lack of options will take the easy route - clip the ball forward 30 yards resulting in losing possesion 9 times out of 10. 

He hangs onto the ball because there's f*** all on due to the rest of the side being stood still. Everyone else in the side, when faced with a lack of options will take the easy route - clip the ball forward 30 yards resulting in losing possesion 9 times out of 10.

he hangs on to the ball even when they are players to pass to,  watch the game again.  its part of his trait, its immature play, maybe it will come with experience, but he got to learn the prem league is not the french league, you dont get time on the ball. 

He's the smallest part of the problem lunchbox, he's created a lot of opportunities for others this year and did so last year too. I don't recall him having many passing options at all today and with the way we've been playing he should be encouraged to do something different because the 'simple game' for us has been tragically bad so far and created nothing.

really?

Do you? Or are you going to continue to highlight a very vague Cabaye incident? The movement around the lad is horrendous.

To clarify I'm not on the HBA is shit/not a team player side of the argument, but how about when we broke and he had Demba Ba to his right (movement around him) for a relatively easy set up and he overhit it towards the corner flag?

But he did actually try to pass in this incident which surely supports the "he passes when he has options" argument? ???

He hangs onto the ball because there's f*** all on due to the rest of the side being stood still. Everyone else in the side, when faced with a lack of options will take the easy route - clip the ball forward 30 yards resulting in losing possesion 9 times out of 10.

watch the game again

I have no intention of watching that dross again. ;)

really?

To clarify I'm not on the HBA is s***/not a team player side of the argument, but how about when we broke and he had Demba Ba to his right (movement around him) for a relatively easy set up and he overhit it towards the corner flag?

But he did actually try to pass in this incident which surely supports the "he passes when he has options" argument? ???

he did at that instance yes,  you dont think he managed the whole game without making a single pass?

watch the game again

I have no intention of watching that dross again. ;)

not even to see how aamazing ben arfa was with his dazzling dribbles?  O0

How can you call Messi a team player and Ben Arfa not using the logic you applied earlier?

watch them ffs. They all pass the ball, the right time the right moment, they pass more than they dribble, and that includes messi, xavi and iniesta.  not saying thats the holy grail to success or trophies , but thats a good example of a team of teamplayers.

What the fuck are you talking about? :lol:

Your logic was that Ben Arfa should just pass the ball and move as opposed to using his skill to take people on (see your "run around the corner flag" shite), Messi, like Ben Arfa, will often ghost past 2-3 players before trying to find a team mate, he's just better at it and has better players supporting him.

watch them ffs. They all pass the ball, the right time the right moment, they pass more than they dribble, and that includes messi, xavi and iniesta.  not saying thats the holy grail to success or trophies , but thats a good example of a team of teamplayers.

What the f*** are you talking about? :lol:

Your logic was that Ben Arfa should just pass the ball and move as opposed to using his skill to take people on (see your "run around the corner flag" s****), Messi, like Ben Arfa, will often ghost past 2-3 players before trying to find a team mate, he's just better at it and has better players supporting him.

here read and learn from my previous post.

"i also thought he was s***,  it shocks me how many fans blatently ignore his lack of team play simply because he's technically gifted.

he can have all the gift in the world, if he's not a team player he's just a one man clown show.

a lot of our counter attacks breaks down due to this guy believe it or not.

when on the off chance we get to try a fast break down the right flank, we string one-two passes up the field, when it arrive at HBA's feet he dribbles then stop as he's beginning to be closed down by the opposition,  his team mate is waiting for that pass,  HBA twist and turn trying to dribble forward again, all the while he has an eternity of time to make that simple pass out.

the move is lost, the attack is lost, the momentum is gone,  that simple 5 yard pass that Cabaye is usually waiting to receive never arrives. "

not saying he should not dribble.  a time to dribble and a time to pass. when you're in your own half and you're heading down a blind allyway the wiser thing is to pass,  near the oppositions box yes do all the tricks and dribbles. 

Guest VanBarduck

R Name Team   Pos.                  Drb

Hatem Ben Arfa Newcastle United AM(CLR) 4.9

Franck Ribéry Bayern Munich AM(L) 4.4

Diego Wolfsburg AM©                         4.3

Sercan Sararer Greuther Furth M                 4.1

Alessandro Di... Bologna AM(CLR),FW 4.1

Kevin De Bruyne Werder Bremen M©         3.5

Lionel Messi Barcelona AM®.                      3.4

Luis Suárez Liverpool AM(CL),FW 3.3

Jefferson Farfán Schalke 04 AM(CR),FW         3.1

Raheem Sterling Liverpool AM(L).                3.1

(whoscored.com)

Best dribbler in Europe , we don't fucking deserve that man . If we don't change the way  we play, he's gonna leave in january . We produce the most ugliest football in the country . :rant:

R Name Team   Pos.                  Drb

Hatem Ben Arfa Newcastle United AM(CLR) 4.9

Franck Ribéry Bayern Munich AM(L) 4.4

Diego Wolfsburg AM©                         4.3

Sercan Sararer Greuther Furth M                 4.1

Alessandro Di... Bologna AM(CLR),FW 4.1

Kevin De Bruyne Werder Bremen M©         3.5

Lionel Messi Barcelona AM®.                      3.4

Luis Suárez Liverpool AM(CL),FW 3.3

Jefferson Farfán Schalke 04 AM(CR),FW         3.1

Raheem Sterling Liverpool AM(L).                3.1

(whoscored.com)

Best dribbler in Europe , we don't fucking deserve that man . If we don't change the way  we play, he's gonna leave in january . We produce the most ugliest football in the country . :rant:

He's also the 4th highest "dispossessed per game" in Europe, probably because he tries a trillion mazy runs a day. :lol: So I dunno how much that stat means, just seems to suggest that he tries loads so more come off per game but lots don't (Love HBA though, wouldn't want him to change).

Our best player today for me

After Santon, absolutely. The pair of them looked a class above anything else we had out there, though Taylor didn't have a bad game.

:thup:

Loved it when Taylor actually started bringing the ball out of defence in the second half, we need him and Colo to start doing that far, far more often to initiate attacks.

Not sure if it's already been mentioned on here but he definitely seemed to be complaining to Pardew about the tactics immediately after Krul launched that long ball out of play about 65 minutes in. They had a few words by the touchline and Hatem walked away shaking his head.

Good on him for questionning things, you need to get the players believing in the philosophy, not expect them to blindly follow everything. I get the impression that a lot of our players and coaching staff are yes men, although for the former it is usually masqueraded as 'having a great attitude' to behave that way.

He isn't given much license to roam at the minute, which is strange considering he was seemingly given more freedom in the early part of the season and a shame because he's at his most dangerous on the edge of the box. There was one time yesterday in the second half where he left the wing and received the ball in the middle of the pitch and looked threatening but he didn't do it at all after that.

really?

I didn't say he doesn't pass. The counter argument was there was no movement around him, which there evidently was in this case. He did pass to his credit, but the move broke down as the pass was so bad. As I said, even on a bad day like yesterday he's still one of our better players, but with his quality you would expect him to be able to play in the striker in an instance like that, just like last week with Cisse, and he failed to do it. Those are match defining moments where he should do better, especially with his quality.