Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

#nufc fear that Ben Arfa could tear his hamstring if risked in upcoming games against #qpr #mufc and #arsenal

So it's basically a precaution that he is out for the next month.

Anyone think it's worth the risk?

For QPR game maybe, no chance for the two aways that follow.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

#nufc fear that Ben Arfa could tear his hamstring if risked in upcoming games against #qpr #mufc and #arsenal

Why not? He won a penalty at OT last season earning us a draw and scored at the Emirates, which almost earned us a draw.

We need players like him in these sort of games to have any hope. That is a total shit mentally saying might as well not risk him, just roll over and take the loss.

I don't know man, isn't a torn hamstring a pretty big deal? 3-4 months out and usually affects pace. i'd rather we manage him carefully because he's one of the best talents i've seen here ever.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Why not? He won a penalty at OT last season earning us a draw and scored at the Emirates, which almost earned us a draw.

We need players like him in these sort of games to have any hope. That is a total shit mentally saying might as well not risk him, just roll over and take the loss.

So you ask if it's worth risking him, I answer your question in a way that doesn't please you so you call my "mentally" shit.

It's all about risk management for me. He's far more likely to be significant to the result in some games than others. I never once mentioned rolling over and accepting defeat. Bit of a shit mentality to assume that's what I meant, isn't it?

"There is a danger he could tear that and if he did that he would be out for two or three months whereas if we do it the right way and be sensible about it, it may only be three weeks.

And obviously that is the route we are going to take."

Guest bimpy474

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Not for me, i'd rather have him in 3 weeks time than lose him for the rest of season if its that bad.

Even after the next four games we have 17 to go, much rather he played in those tbh.

"There is a danger he could tear that and if he did that he would be out for two or three months whereas if we do it the right way and be sensible about it, it may only be three weeks.

That's the right thing to do, I've hated it in the past when we've brought players back to early or played then while not being fit.

Guest bimpy474

That's the right thing to do, I've hated it in the past when we've brought players back to early or played then while not being fit.

Sounds like we did though against Fulham :(

Guest bimpy474

Sounds like we did though against Fulham :(

Ben Arfa has said that he didn't feel anything, they probably didn't know enough at that time.

Fair enough i suppose.