Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I hope Ben Arfa is the next French player to sign a contract for us, once we've finished lining players up during this window.

Aye, contract expires in 2015. I know it's a year and a half away, but it'd be horrible to go into the 2014/15 season with him out of contract at the end of it. We should be looking at getting him tied down until 2018.

I hope Ben Arfa is the next French player to sign a contract for us, once we've finished lining players up during this window.

That's a good point. He obviously mentioned ambition some weeks ago, and then we go out and buy a bunch of quality french players. It must be good to see we're being ambitious in that sense (even though we all know this should've happened in the summer). Once we hopefully get out of this relegation mess, we'll have a team to be reckoned with. We just need a little momentum and our new players to pick up the pace asap.

This season is a write off. Plus given the way Ashley does business, there is just so much uncertainty. We don't seem to have a coherent strategy to move towards fighting for a CL place. How else do you explain ending 5th in one season and completely screwing up the next and it's not like Europe has been a distraction either. My worry is that at the end of the season, he will just look back at all this and says fuck it. With his talent, he should be paying in the CL and is at least as good if not better than most of the attacking players in the top 4 of the league. Then there is of course his love PSG. Not looking good but we all pray and hope. Losing HBA will be an almighty blow.