Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Imagine the team when he's fit.  :drool:

Krul

Debuchy  Mbiwa    Colo    Santon

Tiote Sissoko

Ben Arfa          Cabaye          Gouffran/ Marv

Cisse

I'm not really afraid of HBA leaving to be honest, barring a mega opportunity at Man Utd or something. He seems to have found a club and dressing room where he's at home. Not too many expectations, not too little. He's important, but everything's not about him. He has a manager who he seems to trust and players around him who he seems to get on with.

I don't think he would trade us for someone like Liverpool so quickly.

Im not worried anymore, i bet he's as excited as we are. But say that we hadn't signed these players in this window, then he'd leave, he would find it hard and be sad about i think he would have left, would have been dumb to stay, even if we'd have loved it.

So for mer personally, it's not just us signing good players, but it will certainly help us keep special players like Ben Arfa and im over the fucking moon about it.

Im not worried anymore, i bet he's as excited as we are. But say that we hadn't signed these players in this window, then he'd leave, he would find it hard and be sad about i think he would have left, would have been dumb to stay, even if we'd have loved it.

So for mer personally, it's not just us signing good players, but it will certainly help us keep special players like Ben Arfa and im over the fucking moon about it.

This. For me Hatem staying with us is absolutely crucial. It's not just about the money, even if another club offers us silly money (like Carroll) I'd like Hatem to stay. Carroll could easily be replaced with his transfer fee but how would we convince a player of hatem's quality to join us? It'll be a number of years, at least 1-2 if we do well before we can regularly attract a player of his talent.

How strongly we hold onto Hatem will speak volumes about the board's ambition for this club.

Wouldn't exactly call him injury prone myself.

Likwise, to a degree. Having some plum from the MLS wreck him with a stupid challenge after that Dutch prick broke his leg doesn't equal injury prone to me. However, hamstring injuries in top level sports are pretty nasty and I'd like to hope that this surgery has sorted that but in all honesty I think we'll see a return of it in the future, with a little less pace

Wouldn't exactly call him injury prone myself.

Don't know if his injuries are in anyway related, so you may be right in that sence, but he's missed a fair few games for us since, so it's either that or he is just "unlucky" with regards to injuries.

Apart from his last injury i think he's mostly been unlucky, aye. Am i imagining stuff if i say that it looks like he has bulked up quite a bit? Looks more powerful and maybe not as agile as he was when he came? Hopefully he won't end up with many muscle related injuries in the future and that the latest one is a one off.

Bump for timescale reduction.

Pardew said in the press conference today that he's now "two-three weeks away", so he still appears to be on target for some involvement against Spurs on the 9th of Feb.