Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I'd wait and see if we can get him starting more than 20 league games both this and next season before giving him a new contract.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/fuk%20you/grand/fuk-you-3328bdf9a4b9504b9398284244fe97c2-3.gif

:lol:

I'd wait and see if we can get him starting more than 20 league games both this and next season before giving him a new contract.

He will have next to nothing on his contract by then and thus we will get sod all for him, even if he does turn out to be injury prone i'd rather get him signed and protect the investment.

He would have 18 months left if he stays fit from Southampton till next January, by which time he could have played about 30 consecutive games.

He will have next to nothing on his contract by then and thus we will get sod all for him, even if he does turn out to be injury prone i'd rather get him signed and protect the investment.

He would have 18 months left if he stays fit from Southampton till next January, by which time he could have played about 30 consecutive games.

Some of them for Arsenal mind  :huff:

He's started 37 games in nearly 3 years and that's a serious concern regardless of what his injuries were.

I wouldn't be giving S.Taylor a new contract without improvements either ftr.

Bit harsh considering he had a broken leg for nine months. I can understand your viewpoint though.

Ah right that's fine, when you said both this and next season i was thinking that if waited to the end of next season its too much of a risk as he could go for free a year later.

I do hate to say it but i like how Ashley and Dekka deal with contracts, 2 years left and then negotiate for a new one if they think said player deserves it sounds about right to me.

I understand what you're saying though, just don't want to risk him going into last year of his contract when we won't get much for him.

If we offered him a new contract this summer and he declined i'd rather cash in than see him go for next to nothing if he wanted to leave.

Don't forget, he was available from the bench for a lot of last season aswell, from about September onwards, but for whatever reason Pardew preferred Obertan or R. Taylor.

:lol: I'd managed to blank that out of my memory.

What a complete f***ing arsehole  :lol:

Funnily enough that's not how Hatem sees it.

Don't forget, he was available from the bench for a lot of last season aswell, from about September onwards, but for whatever reason Pardew preferred Obertan or R. Taylor.

:lol: I'd managed to blank that out of my memory.

What a complete f***ing arsehole  :lol:

Funnily enough that's not how Hatem sees it.

I honestly don't care, Ronaldo.

JOurnal

HATEM Ben Arfa is finally back in training and in contention for Newcastle United as they face the most critical week of their topsy-turvy campaign.

Ben Arfa has been out for nearly three months but was part of a full squad that worked out ahead of United’s arduous trip to the east of Ukraine, and is bidding to play a part in either Thursday’s second leg in Kharkiv or Sunday’s equally crucial clash with Southampton.

That is a sizeable boost for Alan Pardew, who is more used to picking players on the basis on what is available this season. Instead he has a full compliment for both games, with only assistant boss John Carver on the sidelines with a bout of flu.

Ben Arfa’s return is a positive bulletin for Pardew, who insists his team travels to Eastern Europe in fine spirits despite failing to press home their advantage on home turf.

Metalist proved themselves dangerous opponents at St James’ Park but United – lifted by the arrival of a crop of French stars in January – still believe they can progress to face the winners of Hannover’s tie against Anzhi Makhachkala.

Amid much debate about the team he will put out, Pardew might yet spring a sizeable surprise and include Ben Arfa – who has not played since scoring in a 2-1 reverse against Fulham on December 10. Sunday’s

game against Southampton is a more realistic target for the forward (below) to return in some form or other.

Pardew was one of the star guests at the Sage last night for a Celebration of Sir Bobby Robson’s life, and said he hoped the poignant celebrations of his 80th birthday would inspire a performance the former Newcastle manager would be proud of.

“It’s an inspiration, of course,” he said.

“We’ve got a tough one going out to Ukraine but we’re in good spirits. The whole squad has trained today – including Ben Arfa – and we’re very, very pleased.

HATEM Ben Arfa is finally back in training and in contention for Newcastle United as they face the most critical week of their topsy-turvy campaign.

Ben Arfa has been out for nearly three months but was part of a full squad that worked out ahead of United’s arduous trip to the east of Ukraine, and is bidding to play a part in either Thursday’s second leg in Kharkiv or Sunday’s equally crucial clash with Southampton.

That is a sizeable boost for Alan Pardew, who is more used to picking players on the basis on what is available this season. Instead he has a full compliment for both games, with only assistant boss John Carver on the sidelines with a bout of flu.

Ben Arfa’s return is a positive bulletin for Pardew, who insists his team travels to Eastern Europe in fine spirits despite failing to press home their advantage on home turf.

Metalist proved themselves dangerous opponents at St James’ Park but United – lifted by the arrival of a crop of French stars in January – still believe they can progress to face the winners of Hannover’s tie against Anzhi Makhachkala.

Amid much debate about the team he will put out, Pardew might yet spring a sizeable surprise and include Ben Arfa – who has not played since scoring in a 2-1 reverse against Fulham on December 10. Sunday’s

game against Southampton is a more realistic target for the forward (below) to return in some form or other.

Pardew was one of the star guests at the Sage last night for a Celebration of Sir Bobby Robson’s life, and said he hoped the poignant celebrations of his 80th birthday would inspire a performance the former Newcastle manager would be proud of.

“It’s an inspiration, of course,” he said.

“We’ve got a tough one going out to Ukraine but we’re in good spirits. The whole squad has trained today – including Ben Arfa – and we’re very, very pleased.

“We go there tomorrow, hopefully with the enthusiasm to win.”

Sunday’s

Hope he starts v Southampton. Can't see him being involved in Ukraine, although I'd love him to get a cameo to shit them right up. :lol:

Guest VanBarduck

quote from a journalist on Rmc

"I know from good source that he's never been so fit , he really want to smash everything for his return but his interview on Surface magazine which was prepared btw saying that he really intend to reach messi's level , is a complete joke.  "

He's really getting a ton of bashing in France , basically "he should have tought that way when he was 20 years old  " he cannot live on dream anymore" , "he'll never reach his true potentiall". Very harsh :'(

Ben Arfa is capable of great things when he plays, would definitely try to extend his contract at the end of the season. He's had a few injury problems but the main one that kept him out for a lengthy spell was caused by a poor tackle.

I don't think this guy is a crock, he's been unlucky with the problems he's had.