Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

quote from a journalist on Rmc

"I know from good source that he's never been so fit , he really want to smash everything for his return but his interview on Surface magazine which was prepared btw saying that he really intend to reach messi's level , is a complete joke.  "

He's really getting a ton of bashing in France , basically "he should have tought that way when he was 20 years old  " he cannot live on dream anymore" , "he'll never reach his true potentiall". Very harsh :'(

I could not care less, he is fucking class and he plays for Newcastle.

The difference between the comments of English people and French people is very important. His behavior in Marseille and Lyon creates that. For French people, he will never reach his potential unless he scores two goals with his head in the 2014 World Cup.

Don't forget, he was available from the bench for a lot of last season aswell, from about September onwards, but for whatever reason Pardew preferred Obertan or R. Taylor.

:lol: I'd managed to blank that out of my memory.

What a complete f***ing arsehole  :lol:

Funnily enough that's not how Hatem sees it.

But if you went on like a child every prematch/match/post match thread It's best to ignore Ben Arfa praising the way he was eased in or you'll realise how stupid you looked at the time.

:bluestar:

For the first ten games of the season, it was a coin toss between him and van Persie for the best player (and I said it on here before anyone wants to argue otherwise). He has the potential to be that great and he's shown it in glimpses which have been interrupted by injury. For all the talk about Bale and his game changing ability, I'd take Hatem any day of the week, and when he's fully fit, he'll prove it.

For the first ten games of the season, it was a coin toss between him and van Persie for the best player (and I said it on here before anyone wants to argue otherwise). He has the potential to be that great and he's shown it in glimpses which have been interrupted by injury. For all the talk about Bale and his game changing ability, I'd take Hatem any day of the week, and when he's fully fit, he'll prove it.

He is definitely one of the best players I've ever seen, just hope he can put together a complete season of games eventually.

He is definitely one of the best players I've ever seen, just hope he can put together a complete season of games eventually.

If he puts together a full season in top form then I have no doubt whatsoever that he'd be on his way to Barcelona, more than likely for about £40-50m. I just think he's cursed to have a lifetime of niggling injuries - purely because he plays for us.

I'm so excited to see how Debuchy, Sissoko and Gouffran will effect his impact. He's going to have so much more space than before.

Even if teams try to mark him really tightly he will leave Debuchy open for a cross into the box, or Sissoko open for a driving run or Gouffran on the other side with pacy direct play.

Attacking options all over the place. :fwap:

I'm so excited to see how Debuchy, Sissoko and Gouffran will effect his impact. He's going to have so much more space than before.

Even if teams try to mark him really tightly he will leave Debuchy open for a cross into the box, or Sissoko open for a driving run or Gouffran on the other side with pacy direct play.

Attacking options all over the place. :fwap:

:pardsgrin:

be a massive departure for pardew to play that many attacking players at the same time mind

if he has gouff, sissoko, hba, cisse & cabaye on at the same time that only leaves his demented defensive brain the option of tiote to cover them all :lol:

my guess is he'll sacrifice gouff for jonas

be massive departure for pardew to play that many attacking players at the same time mind

if he has gouff, sissoko, hba, cisse & cabaye on at the same time that only leaves his demented defensive brain the option of tiote to cover them all :lol:

I don't think so, he'll just play Tiote alongside Cabaye in a deeper role. And Sissoko will play more conservatively as well.

He has to put all those players out at once.

be massive departure for pardew to play that many attacking players at the same time mind

Include Santon and Debuchy in the attacking options with their marauding runs :lol:

Pardews head will burst when he only sees 2 CB's in our half.

Sunday’s

game against Southampton is a more realistic target for the forward (below) to return in some form or other.

Hope he starts v Southampton. Can't see him being involved in Ukraine, although I'd love him to get a cameo to s*** them right up. :lol:

Hope he starts against the saints on Sunday too.  Purely selfish reason though.  Coming down for the match and been telling my stepson how fucking awesome this guy is and want him to see HBA play in the flesh and not just on FIFA 13.

If you actually look at the average positions on the pitch against Chelsea. You will see that our fullbacks were practically on the half way line, Perch and Cabaye were holding in midfield, Sissoko off Cisse, the wingers were inside the fullbacks and the two CBs were deep in their own half all alone :lol:

I don't think Pards is completely against attacking football, just he doesn't trust the likes of Simpson, Williamson etc etc so had us play deep and direct to compensate.

Basically he needs players he can trust to let them attack, if he doesn't trust them he will get very negative and defensive.