Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I think Pardew was spot on the way he handled it. I was frustrated as hell at the time but I think HBA upped his game because of it.

One criticism I don't think you can level at Pardew is his man management, which is second to none. How he managed to keep a fit Ben Arfa on the bench and convince him to train harder without the toys being thrown out of the pram I do not know.

In my opinion, and this will never be proven along with the opposing opinions. Pardew played it spot on last season, there is always 'that game' that we could have won but I am sure Man U fans say the same with the greatest manager this country has ever seen (again, imo).

I also think that Ben Arfa is a better player through Pardew installing a bit of workrate in him, despite some class players I don't think we were/are strong enough to have 3 players effectively ignoring the defensive side of the games so seeing HBA running back and taking the ball of the opposing player with ease, which he does through his immense reading of the game is really good to see.

I have said many times that Pardew is too cautious and I do think HBA does his best work in the oppositions half but the thought of Ben Arfa and Gouffran working as hard as they do both ends of the pitch alongside Cisse is ejaculation worthy.

Maybe we might have got the odd point more last season if we introduced Ben Arfa earlier but we weren't exactly doing bad and long term I think the lad will be a better player for us.

It's not really about being greedy and thinking we should have picked up more points before Christmas, it's about remembering how incredulous I was when watching games where we were clearly struggling and that cretin in the dugout refusing to bring him on whatsoever.  Or when he did first give him a chance from the start (Man City and Man Utd away in November) he was our best player.  One dodgy first half against Chelsea and he was dragged off at half time and back on 20 minute cameo duty (if he got on at all) for the next month and a half.  I remember the period vividly and I thought he was wrong then and I think he was wrong now.

what IP said, HBA forced pardew to play him with the mackems game basically

That half was a turning point. We played shit for quite a few games until Hatem forced his way in. Can hardly remember any player making a better cameo for us than he did in that half.

It's just not plausible that Pardew didn't rate HBA, or think he would improve the team. I know he tends to be conservative, but to have one of the top attacking players in the league completely fit and ready to go, then leave him on the bench for the sake of it, is too much even for him. I don't buy that for a second.

In my opinion, and this will never be proven along with the opposing opinions. Pardew played it spot on last season, there is always 'that game' that we could have won but I am sure Man U fans say the same with the greatest manager this country has ever seen (again, imo).

I also think that Ben Arfa is a better player through Pardew installing a bit of workrate in him, despite some class players I don't think we were/are strong enough to have 3 players effectively ignoring the defensive side of the games so seeing HBA running back and taking the ball of the opposing player with ease, which he does through his immense reading of the game is really good to see.

I have said many times that Pardew is too cautious and I do think HBA does his best work in the oppositions half but the thought of Ben Arfa and Gouffran working as hard as they do both ends of the pitch alongside Cisse is ejaculation worthy.

Maybe we might have got the odd point more last season if we introduced Ben Arfa earlier but we weren't exactly doing bad and long term I think the lad will be a better player for us.

It's not really about being greedy and thinking we should have picked up more points before Christmas, it's about remembering how incredulous I was when watching games where we were clearly struggling and that cretin in the dugout refusing to bring him on whatsoever.  Or when he did first give him a chance from the start (Man City and Man Utd away in November) he was our best player.  One dodgy first half against Chelsea and he was dragged off at half time and back on 20 minute cameo duty (if he got on at all) for the next month and a half.  I remember the period vividly and I thought he was wrong then and I think he was wrong now.

what IP said, HBA forced pardew to play him with the mackems game basically

That half was a turning point. We played shit for quite a few games until Hatem forced his way in. Can hardly remember any player making a better cameo for us than he did in that half.

How many times did Richardson watch the ball travel between his own legs? 

And didn't Ben Arfa pull-off the final megs from about 10 yards away? :lol:

It's just not plausible that Pardew didn't rate HBA, or think he would improve the team. I know he tends to be conservative, but to have one of the top attacking players in the league completely fit and ready to go, then leave him on the bench for the sake of it, is too much even for him. I don't buy that for a second.

You have to remember that Obertan was a Pardew buy though and AP wanted to prove something. Nothing usual in that, lots of managers try and prove a point about signings that aren't really working out.

You have to remember that Obertan was a Pardew buy though and AP wanted to prove something. Nothing usual in that, lots of managers try and prove a point about signings that aren't really working out.

Guess it's possible.

Guess it's possible.

i don't think it's this at all, pardew had a clearly defined gameplan based on us being solid and nicking goals from the off last season - imo he'll have thought HBA was a defensive liability and would therefore have been reluctant to play him

no doubt in my mind tbh, HBA forced his hand in the mackems game

Guest VanBarduck

3 wins and a couple draws from safety imo. In 12 games we must be able to cope.

or 6 wins in a row like we did last year. I think it can be done.

The permanent signing on Ben Arfa was a Pardew decision also, it's been mentioned a number of times that he made the decision to sign him even though he was out with a long-term injury.

Guess it's possible.

i don't think it's this at all, pardew had a clearly defined gameplan based on us being solid and nicking goals from the off last season - imo he'll have thought HBA was a defensive liability and would therefore have been reluctant to play him

no doubt in my mind tbh, HBA forced his hand in the mackems game

Obertan showed nothing to prove he could contribute to that game plan.

Guest VanBarduck
“The Europa League is still very important for us.

“If we qualify, it will be a very good thing for the club. I think we can go far in this cup, but the most important thing is the Premier League – we have to finish higher.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/02/20/hatem-ben-arfa-urges-newcastle-united-to-keep-the-dream-alive-72703-32844009/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz2LRWhUacA/quote]