Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest Haris Vuckic

Nigel De Jong

Roger Espinoza

Hamstring

Any others injuries? I don't think he's that injury prone if you take the two disgusting tackles out of equation.

I would be willing to sell him tbh, looks fat as f*** and to inconsistent for us. Would like to see us with two proper wingers attacking and getting crosses in. He makes us narrow as he won't stick to the Right

:(

I love his tekkers, but I just see to little end product from him and he does drift in far to much. We need someone to attack the wings if Pardew is in charge, or we need all players freely moving about in final third. It's annoying when we have just our fullback on the right with noone in front because Ben Arfa has drifted in. He doesn't make runs for balls to be played to him, generally just frustrating

GTFO

:lol: Beat me to it. I thought the first post was bad enough.

Guest reefatoon

Give him good teammates and a good manager, then see if people would sell him.

He has 7 or 8 French, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Argentina, Dutch internationals around him, what more does he need?

He looked so unfit at back end of season and overweight, just generally had enough. Think he produces mint youtube clips but having watched every game he has played for us I don't see enough on a regular basis

He needs them to stop admiring his play and actually move about, give him options. I swear most of the time Pardew's plan is "Give it to Hatem, wait for goal".

Dear me, the bloke is absolutely faultless in your eyes. You seem to blame everyone and everything if Ben Arfa has a poor game.  Your coming down with a nasty case of Pardewitis with the amount of gobshite excuses you make.

Guest neesy111

We need players available for most of a season, not 15 games which is his average for us.

I would be willing to sell him tbh, looks fat as f*** and to inconsistent for us. Would like to see us with two proper wingers attacking and getting crosses in. He makes us narrow as he won't stick to the Right

I love his tekkers, but I just see to little end product from him and he does drift in far to much. We need someone to attack the wings if Pardew is in charge, or we need all players freely moving about in final third. It's annoying when we have just our fullback on the right with noone in front because Ben Arfa has drifted in. He doesn't make runs for balls to be played to him, generally just frustrating

GTFO

Ok :lol: maybe cringe worthy choice of words, however I standby the fact he is to inconsistent and doesn't offer enough often enough. We need attackers to attack and not just drift around fucking about with it

We need players available for most of a season, not 15 games which is his average for us.

He's had a broken leg and a bad hamstring injury, he doesn't seem to pick up niggly injuries, plus Pardew didn't play him for a while when he first came back due to his defensive issues.

GTFO

Ok :lol: maybe cringe worthy choice of words, however I standby the fact he is to inconsistent and doesn't offer enough often enough. We need attackers to attack and not just drift around f***ing about with it

can't believe that some would like to get rid of our only "watchable" player...ffs

Guest icemanblue

GTFO

Ok :lol: maybe cringe worthy choice of words, however I standby the fact he is to inconsistent and doesn't offer enough often enough. We need attackers to attack and not just drift around fucking about with it

Dear actual God. How is that what you see, man?

GTFO

Ok :lol: maybe cringe worthy choice of words, however I standby the fact he is to inconsistent and doesn't offer enough often enough. We need attackers to attack and not just drift around f***ing about with it

He is capable of some individual moments of brilliance, however it's very occasional and not consistent enough. The amount of times he gave the ball away in last 4 or 5 games was ridiculous and contributed very little, I have just grown a bit sick of it and won't hero worship for the fucking sake of it

He has 7 or 8 French, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Argentina, Dutch internationals around him, what more does he need?

He looked so unfit at back end of season and overweight, just generally had enough. Think he produces mint youtube clips but having watched every game he has played for us I don't see enough on a regular basis

He needs them to stop admiring his play and actually move about, give him options. I swear most of the time Pardew's plan is "Give it to Hatem, wait for goal".

Dear me, the bloke is absolutely faultless in your eyes. You seem to blame everyone and everything if Ben Arfa has a poor game.  Your coming down with a nasty case of Pardewitis with the amount of gobshite excuses you make.

Our best player deserves a bit more slack when he's saved our skin several times this season. Anyone with eyes can see that his teammates don't help him.

So many people have been brainwashed by Pardew and the management in this thread. Unbelievable.

I think it's more just general distrust of players who try to do a lot themselves TBH. Pardew has hardly said anything intended to criticise HBA, except a bit of minor stuff about him tracking back.

Guest icemanblue

GTFO

He is capable of some individual moments of brilliance, however it's very occasional and not consistent enough. The amount of times he gave the ball away in last 4 or 5 games was ridiculous and contributed very little, I have just grown a bit sick of it and won't hero worship for the fucking sake of it

Even in those games, where he was inconsistent, frustrating and woefully short of fitness, he was still our most credible threat. What is there to get sick of?

So many people have been brainwashed by Pardew and the management in this thread. Unbelievable.

Not me, I fucking hate the bloke(s), but fundamentally if the cunt is in charge next season we need width and players to provide crosses.

Guest reefatoon

Our best player deserves a bit more slack when he's saved our skin several times this season. Anyone with eyes can see that his teammates don't help him.

Ok, you keep on blaming anyone but Ben Arfa for when he has a bad game.  He is allowed to have a stinker now and again you know, but blaming other players for him having a bad game is a shit excuse to be honest.

Guest icemanblue

This shit is absolutely fucking tragic. Honestly, just the worst. Cannot stand this line.

Is this what this club has reduced fans to? We're stuck with Pardew so let's sell Cisse and Ben Arfa and buy Etherington and Carlton Cole :lol:

Not quite, but we need width and he doesn't provide it, and under the current manager we need players that will suit his style ultimately. I think a few people need to take their blinkers off regarding Ben Arfa, I don't think he does anywhere near enough over 90 minutes with or without the ball

Is this what this club has reduced fans to? We're stuck with Pardew so let's sell Cisse and Ben Arfa and buy Etherington and Carlton Cole :lol:

Not quite, but we need width and he doesn't provide it, and under the current manager we need players that will suit his style ultimately. I think a few people need to take their blinkers off regarding Ben Arfa, I don't think he does anywhere near enough over 90 minutes with or without the ball

I don't think anyone has their blinkers on to be perfectly honest.

For all his faults, we will not find another player of Ben Arfa's quality on the budget that we currently operate.

Even with Pardew here Ben Arfa should still be seen as essential. The best Pardew can do is set-up the team solidly and hope that people like Ben Arfa can individually win us a game.

He will never reach his full potential under him either though, he's obviously an ambitious lad and will be wanting to put his injuries behind him this season and press on. I'm hoping he will want to stay with us but if he's offered crazy wages or Arsenal/Spurs comes in for him then you would imagine he will leave.

2011/12      Starts        Substitute      Goals      Assists        Shots        Shots on goal

20                11                7              5              38                  14

2012/13

20                7                4              3              53                  14