Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

While you mention Walcott - it's interesting to note how they are different. Walcott tends to just run really fast all the time but usually without engaging any part of his brain. Suppose it works, though.

Certainly does against us, the tosser :lol:

That goal still gives me a hard on.

The amount of idiots who claimed at the time that "its not that good, he only runs in a straight line" :lol:  Completely missing the balance required, the split second change of pace to get away from the second tackle and the little chip while running flat out at the end to leave the last defender tackling thin air.

The amount of idiots who claimed at the time that "its not that good, he only runs in a straight line" :lol:  Completely missing the balance required, the split second change of pace to get away from the second tackle and the little chip while running flat out at the end to leave the last defender tackling thin air.

Aye, absolutely moronic. The fact he can even think to try those things, at that pace, after running 40 yards, is amazing.

While you mention Walcott - it's interesting to note how they are different. Walcott tends to just run really fast all the time but usually without engaging any part of his brain. Suppose it works, though.

When you watch him for 90 minutes there's a lot of the time it isn't working. He's a good player, but his technique is a world away from anyone like Ben Arfa.

Oh absolutely. It's a scattergun approach. Maybe it's best to go for that rather than try and improve his decision-making for someone like Walcott. Not a very long term plan however.

I'm not suggesting he has anywhere near the technique of Ben Arfa though :)

The turn, the first touch which sends the bolton player for a paper, the little chip an inch over a defenders foot as he tries to tackle. It's beautiful. I remember screaming the house down when it went in.

The turn, the first touch which sends the bolton player for a paper, the little chip an inch over a defenders foot as he tries to tackle. It's beautiful. I remember screaming the house down when it went in.

I remember the forum, was mental. Ended up dedicating a pizza to him and spelling his name out with ham.

Watching it made me excited again.

As with most people who say things about football that are completely wrong, it'll be because they've never played, or it was so long ago they can't remember it.

I remember the forum, was mental. Ended up dedicating a pizza to him and spelling his name out with ham.

:lol: pics

That season, that turn, that run, that goal :love:

I remember sitting down in the living room and saying Ohhh nice turn, standing up right after he turned and beat that first man and yelling GO ON and then he scored and I went mental in the house.

My bad, it was tomato sauce

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/TaylorJ_01/DSCF0062.jpg

It was mainly Mackems that downplayed the goal

It was quality

1) The initial turn to leave the defender on his backside

2) Brushes off Davies attempt to chop him down with a little funny run

3) The perfect and subtle little dink which left the defender kicking air

4) The finish

I remember sitting down in the living room and saying Ohhh nice turn, standing up right after he turned and beat that first man and yelling GO ON and then he scored and I went mental in the house.

Holding my hands up here but I think I muttered "fucking pass it man!" at some point :okay:

Guest VanBarduck

He always had that exeptional acceleration , the thing that always impressed me the most it's the feeling that he doesn't seem to run, he just slide on the pitch for 10 or 15 meters, you can't even see his feet, they barely touch the ground. The main problem is that he hates running when he doesn't have the ball, he tracks back without any conviction and he doesn't make late-run beating the offside trap, he just want the ball at his feet.

Embarrassingly whenever I end up having post pub drinks with people back at mine, I always get to a point where I'm making people watch this, and the Blackburn one. That's usually an indication of when I should go to bed.

My bad, it was tomato sauce

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/TaylorJ_01/DSCF0062.jpg

Sweetcorn  :scared:

Holding my hands up here but I think I muttered "fucking pass it man!" at some point :okay:

Get him!