Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Pardew deserves some criticism for sure, he should be able to keep a better handle on the fitness and conditioning of his players but essentially it comes down to Hatem. He is a highly-paid athlete, it's a basic expectation that you work hard and keep yourself in good condition regardless of whether or not you're playing regularly. To do otherwise is a basic lack of professionalism.

He should be putting his all into being the best he can be, but he clearly doesn't and Pardew clearly lets him get away with it as he's a piss poor manager who hasn't got a clue what he's doing. There's obviously 2 ways to keep Ben Arfa on your side, get the best out of him on the football pitch and allow his career to flourish, or never play him but allow him to do what he wants outside of match days whilst telling the world how much of a talent he is and how much you admire him.

Ben Arfa is now probably in the worst shape of his life.

Well you've got that totally wrong, congratulations. I post all the time about how much I love Hatem.

Err, no. And the bold bit is, of course, irrelevant.

If there were any sort of standards of debate upheld here you would have been killed a long time ago.

Jeez, what a nob you are.

Guest The_Optimistic

Why do people have a perception that other players just stand and watch? In my eyes he keeps the ball too long when there is an obvious pass.

Why do people have a perception that other players just stand and watch? In my eyes he keeps the ball too long when there is an obvious pass.

Both arguments have merit. It's infuriating to watch at times.

Our shit movement in the final third turns even more shit when he plays. First half at Norwich was a good example of what could be if people moved, he picked out some very good runs from Sammy, Sissoko and Debuchy if I'm not mistaken.

The least he could do is get in shape ffs. Talented footballer but I don't have much time for the lad personally tbh. Nothing worse to me than someone who doesn't even try to maximise their own potential. If Cabaye where still here I would be happy for him to sit on the bench with Siss/Gouff outwide. Maybe even Sammy if his application in training is superb.

Guest neesy111

For the first five minutes after he was introduced he was releasing the ball early and then quickly revert back to fannying on trying to beat half the Spurs team.

Aye, first 5 minutes we immediately improved after he came on but then got back to his lose the ball routine after taking on x players.

Well you've got that totally wrong, congratulations. I post all the time about how much I love Hatem.

Err, no. And the bold bit is, of course, irrelevant.

If there were any sort of standards of debate upheld here you would have been killed a long time ago.

Jeez, what a nob you are.

Name calling?

That's pretty low man but I'll forgive you - that's just what I'm like. I wouldn't sink to the  level of name calling.

Where is this 'he's fat' thing coming from?

He managed to out-sprint a few of the spurs players despite giving them a couple of yards start.

That doesn't mean he's in good condition. He's clearly not.

If you out-sprint most premier league footballers in a 40 yard dash like Hatem does, yeah that's a pretty fucking high standard of conditioning.

This is probably the worst thread on the board. You have a player who is out of shape yet most people on here are blaming other people for this.

Is that because you're posting in it a lot?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/b5a6d196791606da78de907d1e51c7de/tumblr_mfstmwmNAq1s0gdb0o1_400.gif