Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

This is probably the worst thread on the board. You have a player who is out of shape yet most people on here are blaming other people for this.

Correct. there's only one person to blame and that's Pardew. Bad enough that he doesn't have a grip on his player's nutrition and conditioning, but then he actually rewards them by giving them first team action. What a flake.

This is probably the worst thread on the board. You have a player who is out of shape yet most people on here are blaming other people for this.

So, he's still quick and when he plays he's not puffing by the end (a la Nolan). Can someone point out the actual EVIDENCE that he's over weight and markedly short of fitness?

I mean, something apart from rumours, obviously.

This guy is out of shape, and yet has more life in his body than twelve thousand Shola Ameobis.

Yet Shola started countless games ahead of him.

I just can't accept these excuses for messing this guy about.

If we were a team of decathletes, then hey go ahead and keep him out until he leans up, but with Shola in there instead I can't accept it. No.

How is he out of shape?

He is probably our quickest player over 50 or 100 yards

100 yards is almost the length of the entire pitch man  :lol:

He has about a 5 metre burst of pace after that I wonder how anyone gets near him if he is so quick.

His lack of fitness isnt about that its more to do with him being easily muscled off the ball and generally looking out of steam after a burst of pace.

Why do people have a perception that other players just stand and watch? In my eyes he keeps the ball too long when there is an obvious pass.

:thup: This exactly.

Yet people in this thread will continue to make excuses for the boy until the cows come home.  Funny that none of our other midfielders get the benefit of the same excuses.

There's not movement around him, been told to do too much, wrong tactics, no one to pass to, it's Pardew's fault, he's in the same squad as Shola.

Imagine those applied to someone like Jonas.

Why do people have a perception that other players just stand and watch? In my eyes he keeps the ball too long when there is an obvious pass.

Yet people in this thread will continue to make excuses for the boy until the cows come home.  Funny that none of our other midfielders get the benefit of the same excuses.

There's not movement around him, been told to do too much, wrong tactics, no one to pass to, it's Pardew's fault, he's in the same squad as Shola.

:lol: he gets more stick than pretty much any of our players.

All due to expectations

Expected to save us with 15 minute cameos...

All due to expectations

What's this? People think he is better than he actually is? no way.

Guest hatem garrincha

Where is this 'he's fat' thing coming from?

Put two pictures if him side by side. One before and one after (the Benfica game) and you'll see he's fat man.

His current weight isn't his weight of form.

Guest hatem garrincha

All due to expectations

What's this? People think he is better than he actually is? no way.

He's far better than what he's shown recently.

He's certainly guilty for that, but the way Pardew scapegoats him doesn't help.

Guest hatem garrincha

Let's not make this too complicated.

Is he better than Shola? Yes.

Is he better than Sammy? Yes.

End of story.

Is he better than Gouffran ? Yes.

Let's not make this too complicated.

Is he better than Shola? Yes.

Is he better than Sammy? Yes.

End of story.

Is he better than Gouffran ? Yes.

We don't even have to go that far.

He has been kept out of the team by the Ameobis, and that is just tragic.

Guest hatem garrincha

Obertan was also ahead of him until he pretty much made himself Maradona for a while to get past the mighty Obermenan.

Ryan Taylor too.