Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

You seem to be treating player work ethic and management style as mutually exclusive, which is very strange.  Players would run through brick walls for Keegan.

Absolutely bang on. Not to mention Daveed was surrounded by quality and not donuts like Ameobi mk1 and mk11, Willo, Sissoko etc.

If Ben Arfa was 60% as consistent as Ginola was with his decision making, distribution, etc. Ben Arfa would be in the team.

When you couple poor work rate with giving the ball away, not making or scoring goals...

I think its unfair to judge Ben Arfa on current form, Pardew has messed him around all season, he's in the team, out the team, on the left, on the right, upfront, behind the front two, 10 mins here,  5 mins there..its a joke how he's treated this lad.  How is someone meant to build any form.  We are safe now so he needs to tell Ben Arfa you are in the team till the end of season, we need you, go out there and do your thing.  Give the lad something to fight for. 

If Ben Arfa was 60% as consistent as Ginola was with his decision making, distribution, etc. Ben Arfa would be in the team.

When you couple poor work rate with giving the ball away, not making or scoring goals...

He lost his place in the team when he along with the entire team had a poor game against Everton, he was doing well enough until then.  Christ, you're falling for the shite Pardew comes out with.

I think Keegan's whole inspirational nature would have helped Hatem and he would have been more likely to be working harder. A real shame, it's amateur psychology tbh but I think Keegan's character would be the right one to deal with Hatem

Definitely, it's what comes with having a manager who gets their thrills from hurting the opposition, coaching their best attacking talents to score goals and that.

It really pisses me off what happened with Keegan, swear he would have made a success of the job before he realised he was dealing with lying cunts and fucked it off.

Don't think Keegan would put up with his work ethic, mind. I'm not on about the lack of tracking back, either.

What are you on about then?

It's obvious to anyone with eyes that Hatem isn't giving nearly enough in his training or in an attacking sense in matches.

:thup:

Was never out of shape, either.

I wonder if that might have something to do with him playing virtually every game when fit?

Mick are you suggesting that playing 20 minutes a week instead of 70 is the direct reason for Hatem's weight gain?

Don't think Keegan would put up with his work ethic, mind. I'm not on about the lack of tracking back, either.

It's obvious to anyone with eyes that Hatem isn't giving nearly enough in his training or in an attacking sense in matches.

It's chicken and egg, but I doubt Ben Arfa's fitness or motivation would be an issue if Keegan was manager, spending the whole week preparing for how we'd blitz the opposition.

Mick are you suggesting that playing 20 minutes a week instead of 70 is the direct reason for Hatem's weight gain?

It's part of the reason, he's clearly not motivated.

Fine. Both Pardew and him are to blame. It's a problem that goes way beyond the manager.

Ben Arfa's weight gain only become noticeable after that long, long absence with the hamstring injury last season. He returned in that Benfica game looking heavy. He's never really shed the weight ever since.

It's chicken and egg, but I doubt Ben Arfa's fitness or motivation would be an issue if Keegan was manager, spending the whole week preparing for how we'd blitz the opposition.

:thup:

Fine. Both Pardew and him are to blame. It's a problem that goes way beyond the manager.

I don't think it would be a problem if he was playing, would you get hyped up for work if you were just told to sit around when you went in?