Liverpool vs Newcastle United - 30/12/11 @ 7.45pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Dave

that's Vuckic's position, in behind the striker with a solid midfield behind him. he looked very dangerous going forward in his last game, but didn't contribute enough in other aspects, so this frees him up to do what he does best. however i would like him to be braver and show for the ball more, something i think he shied away from doing last time.

it is a bit strange that Ben Arfa isn't playing mind. I hope we get to see him at some point, he deserves it. but i worry - if we're still in the game, or are defending a close lead, will pardew have the guts to bring on someone who may lose the ball? I also hope this signals a shift away from route one. Hope Pardew's told Krul...

the liverpool team isn't THAT good - defensively they're pretty great, but we should give their midfield a good contest, and Bellamy-Carroll-Downing is pretty far from their strongest possible attack.

Still not expecting too much from the game based on gut feeling, but in theory we should have a good chance.

Interesting lineup, not at all opposed to seeing Vuckic, but disappointed Ben Arfa isn't playing. Worried Raylor is going to get ruined by their pace and also have a majorly detrimental effect on Jonas' ability to attack as usual.